Walker vs Jordon - who is better

Walker v JR - The better player right now?

• 1AW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Red is back

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2006
Visy park
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Given CP's thread is generating so much attention I thought it timely to ask the question, who is right now the better player 'One time' wiping boy JR or Walker.

This is a tough call for someone like me who has been calling for JR's head every since day 1, whilst until recently regularly talking up Walker.

However atm I would have to say JR is the better footballer.

I will agree that JR is the better player at this present moment... But both at their best (or what they have shown to be their best thus far) I would take 1AW.. His run and carry, ability to be amongst midfield rotation and his line breaking pace get him over the line.. I liken him to a Ryan Griffen of the dogs in terms of run, and the ability to pop up to add a few goals on the scoreboard across HF when needed. He will turn matches once he's had another uninterupted pre-season, so until he's failed when fully fit next year i think all the haters should back the f*ck off!

They are both good footballers.

Whipping boys doesn't necessarily mean they are bad, just that some 'supporters' can't see why they are in the team (more likely than not as a result of looking at statistics alone).

Walker's injuries thus far in his career have hindered him and prevented him from becoming the type of footballer that most of us know he can. Athletically gifted and an outstanding trainer, it is only his injuries that have stopped him performing on a consistent basis. Hopefully now he is over his injuries, he can shut his doubters up and provide that X factor we all know he has, whether that be in the midfield or up forward.

JR is the classic whipping boy because many fail to realise that some players take a lot longer than others to develop. Not every player looks comfortable at the top flight from game 1. Ratten has been patient with him because he understands that very fact. Very much a confidence player, the improvement in his game over the last few months has been clear for all to see and he is now developing nicely into a good AFL footballer, with the ability to step it up even more. Finished the season off brilliantly as a medium sized defender, able to play a negating role whilst also rebounding the ball and running the lines.

Right now I'd say that JR is the better player, simply because Walker has been held back by injuries. Both at full flight, Walker is better, but both are good footballers and will be important members of our best 22 next season as we push for a top 4 spot.

Lets all vote JR to boost his value then trade him with Jacobs to port for one of Kane Corne, Burgoyne, Salopek, Boak

Don't really think this is timely or necessary to compare them.
At the start of the year it was looking likely that we might not see either in Navy Blue. Russell was fringe at best and Walker looked like his shoulder's might bring him undone. As is stands we have two solid AFL standard footballers to look forward to in 2010, both seemingly capable of significant improvement.

Nuff said really.

Don't really think this is timely or necessary to compare them.
At the start of the year it was looking likely that we might not see either in Navy Blue. Russell was fringe at best and Walker looked like his shoulder's might bring him undone. As is stands we have two solid AFL standard footballers to look forward to in 2010, both seemingly capable of significant improvement.

Nuff said really.

Agree!!

I would put them pretty even at the moment. I think Walker is harder than Russell and i think we need hard men. But then again Russell improved heaps through the year, so it's a difficult question. I would be leaning to Walker. Just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with a full preseason and some confidnce in his body that Walks will have a great year and be an x-factor player that will cover alot of different positions on the ground. With this poll though I actually voted for JR. His pace, hardness, and penetrating kicks off either side from half back have me thinking he will be the of the better half backs of next year and i know ill cop crap for this but i think within 3 years will be All Australian. Just watch the Geelong game, Adelaide first quarter and Brisbane game, JR has super talent.

Given CP's thread is generating so much attention I thought it timely to ask the question, who is right now the better player 'One time' wiping boy JR or Walker.

This is a tough call for someone like me who has been calling for JR's head every since day 1, whilst until recently regularly talking up Walker.

However atm I would have to say JR is the better footballer.

Very unfair on Walker.

If I asked you who was a better player in round 22, on that day...........Wiggins or Waite.

Well obviously Wiggo because Waite is on 1 leg.....but who'd put their hand up to say this overall?

Walker has had two interrupted seasons.

The time to ask this question is round 12 next year provided both have full pre-seasons and play.

I think all things being equal it's Walker, but if JR continues his current trajectory he could break into the "very good" player mark. :thumbsu:

Nice thread this one. This is Walker big year injuries have curtailed his progress somewhat. Pre season injury free, Walker potentially but at the moment JR is better. I still have a question over Walkers disposal under pressure. For a number 2 pick it should be better, this is my opinion.

In the modern game good disposal is paramount, with all the zones and grid style of football being played. His athletic ability cannot be questioned but this does not win you BIG games, unless you have the poise under pressure to deliver. We have a few players who lack this, under pressure and some were their kicking skills are lacking when their is no pressure applied.

Again i am stating my opinion, so others reality may be different. Armfield, Bower, JR ,Hampson, carrazo( although has improved) come into this category. I am sure their are some others. This aspect of Carlton Must improve if we are to go up the ladder. Hopefully it will !!!

1AW is a more exciting player to watch, but as many have pointed out, his career has been curtailed greatly by some pretty nasty injuries to his shoulders while Russell has lifted his game over the last season and half and is now a much improved player.

Right here and now, Jordon is the better player only because he has had a full season in the firsts.

In Da NBA .. .

Michael Jordan was a far more accomplished player then Kenny Walker (who did win a slam dunk comp as a New York Knick)

right now, Ru....right now, Russ...

*clears throat*

excuse me, I'm just finding this very hard to say

*deep breath*

right now Russel is a better player than Walker

It's amazing how quickly things can change. I remember coming onto the Carlton board and defending Russell in the first half of the season. Doesn't look like that is needed anymore...

It's good to see Russell having found his position in the team, and I think that's one thing that Walker has yet to do. So based solely on that, I would think Russell would be the better player at the moment.

It's amazing how quickly things can change. I remember coming onto the Carlton board and defending Russell in the first half of the season. Doesn't look like that is needed anymore...

It's good to see Russell having found his position in the team, and I think that's one thing that Walker has yet to do. So based solely on that, I would think Russell would be the better player at the moment.

Great post. Cut it out. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker vs Jordon - who is better

Back