Kappa Tau

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2009
THE 'SCRAY!!!!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
why isnt this kid playing NRL, he is TOUGH AS NAILS!!!!! Joel Selwood, cop this! Hits every pack hard, goes for every ball, takes no prisoners, never ducks his head, grits his teeth and doesnt even look at who is coming at him...

LOVE HIM!!!!!! wouldnt you love him in the trenches with you during a war?

Yep, Ward and Picken were both great tonight took every hit that came their way as well as giving them the other way as well, something that has improved this team from last years team.

Being from Perth all the talk all year was about Rich and him winning the Rising Star but I kept saying Ward was the best all year and I think our low profile club cops this a bit same as the year Cooney came 3rd or 4th and Deliedio won. But before the finals his stats were just under 400 possesions and 18 goals. He has been great all year and last week and this week he has been even better. Rich is good but great players stand up in finals and Ward does that. Well done Ward you are going to be some great player for the Dogs.

we breed 'em tough down at whitten oval, absolute beasts.

Dont forget DFA, Tim Callan.. these guys may not be in the best 22 every week, but they have a do or die attitude as well, and some players like Giansiracusa and Hargrave should take a look at them.

Hmmm ... Rich won the RS award didn't he?

Tonight:
Rich - 7 kicks, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 0 goals
Ward - 11 kicks, 11 handballs, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 2 goals - included 10 CPs!

I have no doubt Rich is going to be a great player and is a worthy recipient based on form over the whole year, but as I said BEFORE the RS award was announced, I'm happy for them to have Rich and us to have Ward. Nothing that happened tonight has changed my view. In fact I'm even more adamant after tonight!

Hmmm ... Rich won the RS award didn't he?

Tonight:
Rich - 7 kicks, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 4 tackles, 0 goals
Ward - 11 kicks, 11 handballs, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 2 goals - included 10 CPs!

I have no doubt Rich is going to be a great player and is a worthy recipient based on form over the whole year, but as I said BEFORE the RS award was announced, I'm happy for them to have Rich and us to have Ward. Nothing that happened tonight has changed my view. In fact I'm even more adamant after tonight!

And how Dayne Beams and Tayte Pears got more votes then him.... even worse he was rated the same as Stephen "stickfigure" Hill. Ewww...

And how Dayne Beams and Tayte Pears got more votes then him.... even worse he was rated the same as Stephen "stickfigure" Hill. Ewww...

Nahh - let it go. Stephen Hill's going to be a good player when he puts some muscle on.

They can vote for whoever they feel like. We know we have a gun in our stable. And he just re-signed for another couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i coached this kid in a cricket grand final in 05/06.......yes he had footy commitments with the jets and all i said to him was follow your dream......which he has.....i keep in regular contact with him as i call him ''my boy'' as in the underfeated premiership side never let his teamates down.........as is the case with the way he goes about it.......shivers down the spine stuff when i watch him play...........not the quickest young bloke going but i tell you what he makes up 80% of that with his toughness/hardness at the pill.......good on him........

Dont forget DFA, Tim Callan.. these guys may not be in the best 22 every week, but they have a do or die attitude as well, and some players like Giansiracusa and Hargrave should take a look at them.

thought timmy callan was great tnight.......:thumbsu:

Has hardness, uncompromising, skill and importantly can finish. This kid....dare i say is my future Brownlow favourite in 2011!!!!

Cant believe he hasn't been mentioned in our best. Was an inspiring performance that was brought on through the importance of the situation. He simply knows it's time to stand up and deliver and simply does it! A true leader.

i coached this kid in a cricket grand final in 05/06.......yes he had footy commitments with the jets and all i said to him was follow your dream......which he has.....i keep in regular contact with him as i call him ''my boy'' as in the underfeated premiership side never let his teamates down.........as is the case with the way he goes about it.......shivers down the spine stuff when i watch him play...........not the quickest young bloke going but i tell you what he makes up 80% of that with his toughness/hardness at the pill.......good on him........

It isn't all about you weapon....

Fantastic young player , should of polled much better in the NAB rising star award too . He is a far better player than Otten from Adelaide , but i guess when you play for a lowly Melbourne based club , you tend to get overlooked .

Gun :thumbsu:

Please tell me what on earth Ryan Hargrave did to deserve that spray? He's had a great year. Gia, I know he cops its too on here, but he went in very hard last night too....I think your comments are very unfair on too really decent blokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wardy you are a TANK!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back