Warney is open for Ashes comeback

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be all for this. Not just for his bowling but the brains trust he puts at the disposal of an inexperienced captain and the shits it would put up england. Clearly we have been caught short again and will not have a stable line up come the ashes. He still sows doubt in batsmens' minds like no other and we will need every advantage to be competitive

In all seriousnss, we've been spoilt for years, and those (like me) who have grown up knowing only greatness now expect it.

I mean, when are we going to get the likes of Ponting, Mcgrath, Warne, Gilly etc all in one side together at one time again? That's freaking stars aligning right there.

I used to look over our domestic teams and think they'd be a real chance to beat many other country's starting 11s! Now I'm never convinced with our starting 11, ever.

So when a fit and not very long-retired Warne pipes up from the sidelines about being able to still bowl for us in a test, the appetite is whet. Especially when our best can't really take 20 wickets convincingly.

Overall, as a cricket fan sitting there with a beer watching matches of cricket, you would have to say it is more interesting now that Australia have dropped back to the pack and the matches are now contests instead of pummelings. However I think I will always crave that laidback dude who slams through the wickets with ease, because it used to happen so easily.

Would be all for this. Not just for his bowling but the brains trust he puts at the disposal of an inexperienced captain and the shits it would put up england. Clearly we have been caught short again and will not have a stable line up come the ashes. He still sows doubt in batsmens' minds like no other and we will need every advantage to be competitive

England wouldn't fear him at all. The England of today are much stiffer than the daffodils of the nineties and early 2000's.

So when a fit and not very long-retired Warne...

By January it will be six years since he retired from test cricket.

Yes, please come back Shane, it would be great. The groundskeeper won't like it, but he is only 25 and there are greener pastures in his future (no pun intended).

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-for-aussie-side/story-e6frectl-1226532050480

would be great for cricket victoria if anything, you'd imagine he'd have to play some sheild games first

Nah just bring him straight into the side, few warm up deliveries, some windmills...place a field and let the first one rip.

His first delivery: A foot outside off, not much turn, but no runs and worth an "ooohhh" from Warney because it was close to being out.

Blow a kiss to Liz in the stands and off to bowl the 2nd one...whack! 4 runs and Warney has done a rotator cuff.

Was good while it lasted.

NEVER, underestimate a champion......

especially one that has looked after himself, and has two ashes series in one year to look forward to, which may never happen again. he has an opportunity that will never happen again in his lifetime....

hehas played professionally since his 'retirement' every year, in the IPL. he hasnt flogged himself, and is up to date with the latest 'trends'.

warne would be 30% of any side we pick. he is still that good.

NEVER, underestimate a champion......

especially one that has looked after himself, nad has two ashes series in one year....

and has played professionally every year, in the IPL, hasnt flogged himslef, and is up to date with the latest 'trends'.

If he hasn't flogged himself, how do you know he is still up to playing? He hasn't played a full day of first class cricket in more than five years.

warne would be 30% of any side we pick. he is still that good.

Based on what?

If he hasn't flogged himself, how do you know he is still up to playing? He hasn't played a full day of first class cricket in more than five years.

Based on what?

better judges than us....

Clarke wants Warnie for Aussie side

AUSTRALIAN Cricket captain Michael Clarke hasn't ruled out a Shane Warne return to the Test team for next year's Ashes in England.
Indeed, he is so serious about the possibility that he has spoken to Cricket Australia about it on
several occasions.
"I've had the conversation with the Cricket Australia CEO a number of times over the past five years and the plan hasn't changed.
"I think he would be unbelievable if he decided to come out and play. And what an amazing mentor he
would be for the team.'
http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...-for-aussie-side/story-fndpt0dy-1226532283070

Nah just bring him straight into the side, few warm up deliveries, some windmills...place a field and let the first one rip.

His first delivery: A foot outside off, not much turn, but no runs and worth an "ooohhh" from Warney because it was close to being out.

Blow a kiss to Liz in the stands and off to bowl the 2nd one...whack! 4 runs and Warney has done a rotator cuff.

Was good while it lasted.

And as he walks off the artificial hair starts to fall out, the peck implants explode, the plastic face melts and the waist band that is struggling to hold his gut in lets go and injures 4 people in the crowd.

he needs to seriously shape up to be considered for a recall, I know he's shane warne. But he's moving like a geriatric for the stars atm

This. Running like he's got something stuck up his arse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warne coming out of retirement and bowling England to a humiliating Ashes defeat in England would be the greatest thing to ever happen to humankind. I'd exhaust my semen supplies permenantly.

But alas, it's just a Big Bash publicity stunt.

Well tonights pathetic effort should shut the self-promoter up for awhile.
Still want him do you Pup ?
Not that I want him to return, but you do realise him getting spanked by arguably the best T20 batsman in the world at the moment will have no affect on Clarke's desire for Warne to return.

Not that I want him to return, but you do realise him getting spanked by arguably the best T20 batsman in the world at the moment will have no affect on Clarke's desire for Warne to return.

Yeah in fairness to Warne you can't really judge his bowling on a flat T20 pitch where the batsmen are on top and have a license to slog, plenty of spinners get belted in those situations. There's a big difference between bowling in a T20 and bowling in the 3rd or 4th innings of a test match on a wearing pitch where Warne would be a matchwinner.

Yeah in fairness to Warne you can't really judge his bowling on a flat T20 pitch where the batsmen are on top and have a license to slog, plenty of spinners get belted in those situations. There's a big difference between bowling in a T20 and bowling in the 3rd or 4th innings of a test match on a wearing pitch where Warne would be a matchwinner.

Point is that plenty of posters reference his T20 efforts as evidence he has "still got it".

Point is that plenty of posters reference his T20 efforts as evidence he has "still got it".

I'm not sure why as he's never really bowled that well in T20 matches, he's taken the odd wicket but also been smashed a fair bit. He gets picked mainly for his celebrity status and crowd pulling power in T20s these days.

He really needs to bowl again in first class cricket to judge whether he's up to playing test cricket again, either by playing shield or county matches but I doubt whether he would be prepared to do that as it probably isn't glamorous enough for him.

I'm not sure why as he's never really bowled that well in T20 matches, he's taken the odd wicket but also been smashed a fair bit. He gets picked mainly for his celebrity status and crowd pulling power in T20s these days.

He's a bloody good tactician as a captain. I've watched him a few times now, in the early days of the IPL and domestically in Australia. I'm impressed with what he does, even though he sometimes takes a bit too long to set the field.

I really don't have any problems with Lyon, and no one on here had a problem either until Warnie came out with this comeback shit.

Lyon is a very competent spinner, and is doing very well at Test level so far. Not everyone is Warnie.

With a little bit of luck in Adelaide (Patto not going down), the series against SA most likely ends in a draw (but you never know what then may have happened in the Perth Test after a win). ****, so many on here have the memories of goldfish.

Warnie will never play Test cricket again, and people need to get that through their heads and accept Lyon, who will be very important for us against England.

In all seriousnss, we've been spoilt for years, and those (like me) who have grown up knowing only greatness now expect it.

I mean, when are we going to get the likes of Ponting, Mcgrath, Warne, Gilly etc all in one side together at one time again? That's freaking stars aligning right there.

I used to look over our domestic teams and think they'd be a real chance to beat many other country's starting 11s! Now I'm never convinced with our starting 11, ever.

So when a fit and not very long-retired Warne pipes up from the sidelines about being able to still bowl for us in a test, the appetite is whet. Especially when our best can't really take 20 wickets convincingly.

Overall, as a cricket fan sitting there with a beer watching matches of cricket, you would have to say it is more interesting now that Australia have dropped back to the pack and the matches are now contests instead of pummelings. However I think I will always crave that laidback dude who slams through the wickets with ease, because it used to happen so easily.
Exactly, we have been spoiled for years, time to move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Warney is open for Ashes comeback

Remove this Banner Ad

Back