warrnambool district football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
typical district league comments..

typical major league arrogance...

I have played a shit load of games at both levels and I agree with Bung Knee 100%

When young, you must strive to do all you can to try and play AFL. If that does not eventuate its just a Saturday afternoon "game" so do it where your happy and with guys you want to spend a large portion of your weekend with...

Break it down.. we are highly intelligent human beings chasing a piece of animal hide filled with air.

typical district league comments..

I too have played both leagues and others of equal strength to the Hampden League in other regions of the state, so my comment is not a typical 'District League' comment and to be honest I find being labelled offensive. I am a football lover and my personal position on this little issue is that I have seen far too many young footballers messed up in the head and leave the game completely because they are pressured (forced) to play in the highest league possible in their area and the fun and enjoyment of footy becomes lost to them. I say let the kids, let all footballers, play where they are going to get the most enjoyment from it. Football's a sport, its supposed to be fun, let us NOT lose sight of the big picture.

STAR: Matty Steal has had a super yr, i rate him for the league medal.

SUPRISE: Ben Moloney is a genuine good senior player despite his lack of experience.

SLIDERS: Brebner has had a stinker!

Hi Guys,
If I were a betting may I would nearly put my house on Porter from Merrivale winning the league B&F. I have watched a couple of games and although he has absolutely dominated hasn't been put in the best- apparently as coach he never puts himself in. Maybe that is why he is sneaking under the radar.

I think Moloney is one to watch for the future. Good Player

Timboon has got alot of under rated young guns which should hold them in good stead.

Better than Chris Morrison? Don't be a w***er! Moz won the WDFNL league B&F in 2003 when he was about 21. Was clearly the best player in the league that year! Also a premiership player in the Hampden league. Very important player as the bloods come towards the finals. Understand Johnson is gunna be good but talk to me when he proves himself a bit more. There's a few more players that could fit into that top 10 too..

BJ is only 18 ya dead beat.. That means he's got another 3 years to win the b an f.. And he'll be a big chance to do it! Rarely gets beaten in a 2 on 1contest let alone a 1 on 1 contest.. Classy, Tough, Fit, Smart and explosive pace.. All the ingredients needed to be a great footballer!

BJ is only 18 ya dead beat.. That means he's got another 3 years to win the b an f.. And he'll be a big chance to do it! Rarely gets beaten in a 2 on 1contest let alone a 1 on 1 contest.. Classy, Tough, Fit, Smart and explosive pace.. All the ingredients needed to be a great footballer!

yeah theres a big difference beating 2 players in the district league, then beating 2 players in the hampden league!!

for example any young player with pace should have no trouble beating chris fleming and david bell to the ball..

yeah theres a big difference beating 2 players in the district league, then beating 2 players in the hampden league!!

for example any young player with pace should have no trouble beating chris fleming and david bell to the ball..

How often do ya see chris fleming and david bell on the wing? Alot of district players have played or could play hampden seniors and he beats them...so no reason why he couldn't!!

Johnson shouldn't be classed as a top player in the western district until he proves himself in the hampden league against quality oppenents and not playin against a combination of overweight 35 year olds and skinny 15 year old fill ins.. Anyone could beat fleming, chris bant or sam nevil in a one on one..

Johnson shouldn't be classed as a top player in the western district until he proves himself in the hampden league against quality oppenents and not playin against a combination of overweight 35 year olds and skinny 15 year old fill ins.. Anyone could beat fleming or sam nevil in a one on one..

PULL YOUR HEAD IN!!! Why should he have to play in the hampden league to be a good player?? Played both leagues and thats absolute rubbish mate piss off.

Johnson shouldn't be classed as a top player in the western district until he proves himself in the hampden league against quality oppenents and not playin against a combination of overweight 35 year olds and skinny 15 year old fill ins.. Anyone could beat fleming, chris bant or sam nevil in a one on one..

couldnt have said it better myself..

couldnt have said it better myself..

why dont u boys just get over your self! hampden league would be nothing if it didnt go around poaching all the good kids from district league clubs! who gives a shit where u play as long as your have a good time with ya mate then thats about all that matters! way to much pressure on kids to go play hampden when they could get the same or even more out of footy ball at their home clubs!

Why is it you use fat slow guys as your examples, we have already established that they don't play on the wing where Johnson does. Catch me if you can was spot on, get over yourselves. Who really gives a shit about Hampden league, Johnson is playing with mates to enjoy his footy, thats what I reakon country footy is about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why dont u boys just get over your self! hampden league would be nothing if it didnt go around poaching all the good kids from district league clubs! who gives a shit where u play as long as your have a good time with ya mate then thats about all that matters! way to much pressure on kids to go play hampden when they could get the same or even more out of footy ball at their home clubs!
Well said catch me(apart from the footy ball part). I can't understand why you would want to go and play in such a small league, and be playing against the same side every 7 weeks anyway.
What a joke having a top 5 in a league with 8 sides! Why not just have a final 8 and have a round robin finals series? :thumbsdown:

Why is it you use fat slow guys as your examples, we have already established that they don't play on the wing where Johnson does. Catch me if you can was spot on, get over yourselves. Who really gives a shit about Hampden league, Johnson is playing with mates to enjoy his footy, thats what I reakon country footy is about.

If johnson is playing with mates and enjoying his footy good on him. I think there is no doubt he is a very good young player. The fact is though, that whether you like it or not, the hampden league is a higher level of football than the district league. Now we can speculate all we want whether johnson would stack up in the hampden league, and from all reports he most likely will, but this discussion cant be resolved until he actually makes that step into the higher league. So until then there is really no point arguing over speculation...

If johnson is playing with mates and enjoying his footy good on him. I think there is no doubt he is a very good young player. The fact is though, that whether you like it or not, the hampden league is a higher level of football than the district league. Now we can speculate all we want whether johnson would stack up in the hampden league, and from all reports he most likely will, but this discussion cant be resolved until he actually makes that step into the higher league. So until then there is really no point arguing over speculation...

I think that is a fair comment and no-one would dispute Hampden is a better league, however I think a little more respect of WDFL wouldn't go astray. I have no doubt there are a number of players that would easily step into Hampden league sides and this has been proven this year by the majority of Hampden league clubs having 2 or 3 palyers who played District last year.

I also think that comments around players being excellent players also needs to be respected. We don't hear people bagging Hampden league players and saying they aren't guns purely because they didn't play in the VFL, Amatuers, Ovens and Murray. They are recognised as great players because of their ability to perform.

Likewise there are some fantasitc players in the WDFL and it doen't matter if they never play Hampden league they will still be great players.

Finally, to a couple of the negative posts about younger players in the WDFL. REMEMBER, all ages read this website and how about being positive about their ability and not comparing them with blokes who are older; no-one knows for sure that they won't win a maskel, likewise they could also fade away because they were forced to play Hampden and didn't enjoy it.

Well said catch me(apart from the footy ball part). I can't understand why you would want to go and play in such a small league, and be playing against the same side every 7 weeks anyway.
What a joke having a top 5 in a league with 8 sides! Why not just have a final 8 and have a round robin finals series? :thumbsdown:

to play against better sides

Well said Little man! There is an outstanding gap between Hampden and WDFNL, Take young Darcy Osullivan for example he couln't get a game for Camperdown but he made the Victorian District league squad....

Mate you are talking absolute tripe! I don't know who you think you are but my 6 year old daughter would know more about football then you!!

Well said Little man! There is an outstanding gap between Hampden and WDFNL, Take young Darcy Osullivan for example he couln't get a game for Camperdown but he made the Victorian District league squad....

yes thats sooo true!!

most players that go from hampden reserves, to wdfl- get straight into the 1s and get in the best most weeks!! its a known fact...

yes thats sooo true!!

most players that go from hampden reserves, to wdfl- get straight into the 1s and get in the best most weeks!! its a known fact...

i think the argument is more about why there is so much pressure on young kids to go play hampden when they could stay at there own club n get much the same out of football and have much more fun! if kids in district are that good why bother with hampden...why not do a pre season at a vfl club...oh but hang on a second...you guys probably still think hampden is better than that anyway!

i think the argument is more about why there is so much pressure on young kids to go play hampden when they could stay at there own club n get much the same out of football and have much more fun! if kids in district are that good why bother with hampden...why not do a pre season at a vfl club...oh but hang on a second...you guys probably still think hampden is better than that anyway!

now you have changed the arguement cos you lost the last one and no shit that legue is better then hampden but goin from district legue to that wood be like going from grade prep to yr 12

now you have changed the arguement cos you lost the last one and no shit that legue is better then hampden but goin from district legue to that wood be like going from grade prep to yr 12

How about you blokes who are bagging WDFL get back onto the Hampden League website- or, well, hang on aminute, maybe that is because no-one uses that link, does that display the level of interest in Hampden League this year!

Love or hate the footy, Hampden League is about as interesting this year as watching the grass grow. Big discrepencies between the top and bottom teams and I think your average punter could have picked the final 5 after the first round!

Back to the footy!! AFTER ALL, THIS IS A WDFL LINK!!

Will be an interesting game this weekend between South Rovers and Merrivale. I think if Merrivale have their full team in they should win, especially if they can drag Bowman away from full back. Thoughts?

mate maybe you should go back to grade prep and learn how to spell..... wood is what you cut up and burn mate.....and bad hair day is right the hampden league is boring...thats why little man spends his time looking and posting on the wdfl link not the hampden one. thought on this weeks game merrivale to strong for rovers kolora to strong for allansford but will be close...big ground should suit kolora.

mate maybe you should go back to grade prep and learn how to spell..... wood is what you cut up and burn mate.....and bad hair day is right the hampden league is boring...thats why little man spends his time looking and posting on the wdfl link not the hampden one. thought on this weeks game merrivale to strong for rovers kolora to strong for allansford but will be close...big ground should suit kolora.

its kolora-noorat, not kolora!! you may upset many of there loyal supporters by calling them that...

hampden league shouldnt be boring if its a better standard of football...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back