Was Jack Worth pick 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had a clue you would have realised he did play finals in 2001 :p

Oops my mistake. :p

"I would change a few things. I would have liked to play a few more finals for this great club but it wasn’t to be," Richardson said.

Richo only played in three finals across 282 games at the club and only played in one that won. :eek:

she probably is quite popular down at casey

watts2.jpg

There were two sides that had a chance to pick up their requisite spud and still get Buddy

Only one of those teams managed to double down on their spudliness.

Everyone is laughing at you

Foxtel is playing last years Granny, tune in..

P.S..Everybody is laughing at you and Eddy.....cheer up emo kid..

I'd like to pull you up there.

Gumbleton, for all his injury issues, cannot kick the football. He looks like the nerdy kid in the playground who throws it up then swings a wild boot at it.

A pretty handy pre-requisite of actually playing the game is being able to kick a footy, I'd have thought.

As much a waste of a #2 pick as Chipscab Deledio and Watts are at #1.

Well you would know all about key forwards, you have????

Jaryd grant...LMFAO..and he is not even injured, just a dud..

Syrus, we have a guy named Hurley who is 3 times better than Jacqui Watts....And richo did play finals, but he was a basketcase..

Cam Bruce played a grand final....Splat....So did Simmonds...

But the straw that broke the camels back....Brad Green was captain of your club, now that's funny...

Now you are just jealous that your club never had a player like Richo.

And no player on your list is even worthy of cleaning Deledios shoes.

Richmond >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Melbourne

On field and off field. Did Moloney welcome Neeld to Melbourne with a golden shower yet?

Fat load of good Richo did for Richmond. I believe he lead your club to 1 final win in 15 years.

Shit we have been woeful at times but even big Spud Alistair Nicholson saw more final victories than Richo.

P.S If you have kids and you want them to lead a happy life then for the love of God don't let them support Richmond. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gumbleton. :eek:

Firstly, Gumbleton has shown more than Watts in about half as many games - and he hasn't shown that much.

Gumby averages higher scoring rate than Watts.

Gumby was picked at #2, not #1.

Gumby's body breaks down all the time through varying injuries. Watts has no major injuries to restrict progress.

Watts probably can't change a light bulb, let alone illuminate it.

Thread is about Watts. He has failed to live up to hype/potential/expectation as yet. Gumby has had a few more years in the system, and can't get his body right. Watts would be looking to be one of Melbourne's consistent and best from now on - particularly now that Scully jumped ship.

Gumby has failed to deliver too, but Watts compared to Murphy for value to a team? Incomparable.

Watts probably can't change a light bulb, let alone illuminate it.

Thread is about Watts. He has failed to live up to hype/potential/expectation as yet. Gumby has had a few more years in the system, and can't get his body right. Watts would be looking to be one of Melbourne's consistent and best from now on - particularly now that Scully jumped ship.
Hurley and Watts >>>>> Hurley and Ryder >>>>> Hurley >>>>> Carlisle

Ryder living up to his potential is more of a concern than Watts' form.

The Bomber did nothing against Carlton last year.

Carlisle is a bit of a plodder.

Watts wouldn't have been my pick one, yet if you get a 200 game player and a star like he will become, then he was worth pick one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to say he was worth number 1. Especially given what Natanui's done.

I'm sure he still might turn out to be a decent player, but I'd say 'worth the number 1 pick' is beyond him now.

It's 4 years now no?

Syrus, we have a guy named Hurley who is 3 times better than Jacqui Watts....And richo did play finals, but he was a basketcase..

3 times better based on what? That you have 3 good players in your team?

Looking forward to taking your sig at the end of the year. Try and stick around in the off season this time.

Firstly, Gumbleton has shown more than Watts in about half as many games - and he hasn't shown that much.

Bumbleton has shown absolutely jack shit to still warrant his spot on your list. But then again you do have one of the worst lists in the AFL so your club might as well keep clutching at those straws. Just face it Gumbleton is a lost cause and you should have got rid of him a long time ago. Even your supporters agree.

Gumby averages higher scoring rate than Watts.
He averages 2 more points a game. :eek:
Yet Watts averages greater in every other stat compared to Gumbleton.

Gumby was picked at #2, not #1.

Even if you had of had pick 1 you still would have picked Gumbleton.

Gumby's body breaks down all the time through varying injuries. Watts has no major injuries to restrict progress.
Whats your point? You took Gumbleton knowing the risks.

And he will be under the new coach.
You couldn't expect Bailey (an ex Essendon player) to teach somebody about development, when he didn't even have a game plan.

Gumby has failed to deliver too, but Watts compared to Murphy for value to a team? Incomparable.

Different positions, different roles. Of course they are incomparable. :rolleyes:

Hard to say he was worth number 1. Especially given what Natanui's done.

I'm sure he still might turn out to be a decent player, but I'd say 'worth the number 1 pick' is beyond him now.

It's 4 years now no?

He is only 20. What age did Reiwoldt and Hodge take hold of the comp?

Syrus, we have a guy named Hurley who is 3 times better than Jacqui Watts.
And by Round 1 next season, both can say they've played with Tom Scully.
But the straw that broke the camels back....Brad Green was captain of your club, now that's funny...
Yes......"was".
I reckon being beaten by a team captained by Brad Green and coached by Dean Bailey is even funnier.

No I am not, I do realise this is bay 13 and you cant have a proper conversation, but I dont mind Watts and I think he will be a good player but I would pick at least 10 before him from the 2008 draft, that could change though

I wasnt sure who you were talking about.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it. Im happy with Watts as he is still only 20 and starting to bulk up now and hopefully having a coach that has some balls and a game plan will help.

Out of curiosity if you were a recruiter at the time who would the 10 players be that you would have picked ahead of Watts based on what your club needs?

I wasnt sure who you were talking about.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it. Im happy with Watts as he is still only 20 and starting to bulk up now and hopefully having a coach that has some balls and a game plan will help.

Out of curiosity if you were a recruiter at the time who would the 10 players be that you would have picked ahead of Watts based on what your club needs?
If I was a recruiter I would of picked Watts as he was recognised as the best young player at the time, clubs get too much criticism over dud high draft picks, they can only go on previous form

If I was a recruiter I would of picked Watts as he was recognised as the best young player at the time, clubs get too much criticism over dud high draft picks, they can only go on previous form

So you wouldn't have picked 10 before him, without hindsight?

So you wouldn't have picked 10 before him, without hindsight?
No I wouldnt have, you would look like an idiot taking somebody supposed to go around 10 instead of the best young player in the country, as of now I probably would take 10 players before him from the draft, most of them being midfielders

Although Watts will be a good player, he is by far not the best player in '08 draft, hence not worthy of the #1 pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Jack Worth pick 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back