Was Jobe booed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Umpires

Many clueless people in the media then too going on that rationale. There's been plenty of debate on the incident on the panel shows...many of them think/hope it will be too

Will be an interesting one to watch
I hope they let it go, because those sorts of hits aren't exactly Leigh Matthews material, or even Mark Riccuito material.

Watson got hurt, but that's football.

Still, the MRP have set a precedent that they should stick with, at least for this season.

If they suddenly allow it again and throw it out, I'll be irate because they continue to play wheel of fortune on these things.

Depends on who you ask.

Eagles fans say it was at the umpiring decision, which makes sense considering they were booing whilst being carried to a victory.

Dons fans say it was at Jobe, which makes sense considering we were filthy at the game in general.

We'll never really know. And anyway, some probably were booing Jobe, just as some were probably booing the decision.

Depends on who you ask.

Eagles fans say it was at the umpiring decision, which makes sense considering they were booing whilst being carried to a victory.

Dons fans say it was at Jobe, which makes sense considering we were filthy at the game in general.

We'll never really know. And anyway, some probably were booing Jobe, just as some were probably booing the decision.

It wasn't at Jobe. First at the free kick (and once we saw replay - from distance it looked like shoulder collision and his head jarred back once Waters collided with Jobe's upper shoulder). Then at NLM for the melee. I wasn't even looking at Jobe at the point the medicos took him off. I can't speak for the whole crowd - there are nobs in every supporter base. But from my experience 1- umpires and 2- NLM.

Would have been surprised if he was there in person given he had his panel show on first thing the next morning.

Probably watched on TV, saw watson going off, heard boos from crowd over NLM scuffle and decision, put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

Certainly not alone.

I wouldn't really say poor journalism either tbh. The Tackle is an opinion piece, it's preferable if such articles are based in fact but less so than a news report

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't at Jobe. First at the free kick (and once we saw replay - from distance it looked like shoulder collision and his head jarred back once Waters collided with Jobe's upper shoulder). Then at NLM for the melee. I wasn't even looking at Jobe at the point the medicos took him off. I can't speak for the whole crowd - there are nobs in every supporter base. But from my experience 1- umpires and 2- NLM.

It's funny how the entire crowd saw NLM pushing a player around, but the same entire crowd missed the shoulder to head which NLM was standing up against. Must have been one massive unison blink.

It's funny how the entire crowd saw NLM pushing a player around, but the same entire crowd missed the shoulder to head which NLM was standing up against. Must have been one massive unison blink.

Have you seen it at normal speed and not just slo-mo? Sure slo-mo picks up the shoulder clip, but really? You want us, at least 50m, some fans up to 100m away, to see that with players packed inside 50 bunched around play while the ball is there? Even the commentators got it wrong, claiming that they collided heads. Please, for a minute, think about it without waving the big Essendon flag.

Just picture you're at the ground, there's a collision which you can't really see and Eagles players start a fight and pushing your players around. How would you react?

Have you seen it at normal speed and not just slo-mo? Sure slo-mo picks up the shoulder clip, but really? You want us, at least 50m, some fans up to 100m away, to see that with players packed inside 50 bunched around play while the ball is there? Even the commentators got it wrong, claiming that they collided heads. Please, for a minute, think about it without waving the big Essendon flag.

Just picture you're at the ground, there's a collision which you can't really see and Eagles players start a fight and pushing your players around. How would you react?
So being inconclusive proves you lot were right to start booing?

I dunno, if I couldn't see anything happening but saw a bloke on the ground I reckon I'd have the good grace not to boo anyone for fear the bloke knocked down was badly, badly hurt.

I wouldn't sit there booing like a petulant child for starters, but that's me, I'd use common sense in that if I saw a clash, opposition player go down and his team mates come to remonstrate, common sense would say they weren't too happy with the hit. If the replay was inconclusive I wouldn't make up my own mind there was nothing in it, but again, that is me. I'm sure others in the crowd would do differently.

The sheep mentality that goes on in WC crowds is as funny as it is sad, seems none of them are able to think for themselves.

Player gets hit, can't see replay...BOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOO

Funnily enough when Matthew Lloyd took out Brad Sewell, all of our supporters, despite their hatred of Hawthorn and with emotions sky high, clapped off the fallen as he left the field.

There was no mistaking that sound.
Yep. There's a few players I might not be so magnanimous about but I felt pretty bad about that hit.
Also no Kangas cheered Hocking going down in what looked (naked eye) a bad hit but proved (replay) fair.

Cheering a bloke gone down, when they had the ball or their head over it, is just not on.
Even if you're not sure, they've done the right, courageous thing; and that's worthy of applause.

can someone explain to me why they would actually be booing the decision?? surely not that it shouldnt have been a free kick ??

can someone explain to me why they would actually be booing the decision?? surely not that it shouldnt have been a free kick ??

Think most people thought it was a head clash on the day and not a free.

Even when i eventually saw the youtube, the commentator (who has far better quality replay screens than the shitty ones at subi) initially called it as a head clash.

On closer inspection it was a clip of the shoulder, but that certainly wasn't known until i saw a better replay.

The sheep mentality that goes on in WC crowds is as funny as it is sad, seems none of them are able to think for themselves

Seems to be a bit of that going on in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Jobe booed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back