Was the Tyson Stenglein free kick the worst you have ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was LRT's kick across goal the worst you've ever seen?

Right up there i reckon. I didn't know that was even worthy of a Free kick, i haven't seen it happen much before if ever?

Rocket23 said:
Am still baffled by this one and can't remember off the top of my head a decision that was just so blatantly incorrect.

Surely that umpire gets Manangatang 3rds next week.

The umpire made the correct call.

Stop looking for urine weak excuses.

Havent you had enough help from the AFL?

Worst free kick. Debatable. Some of the holding the ball decisions challenge that one comfortably.

Worst non-holding the ball free kick. Very good chance of that.

Worst decision. Not quite, asking a player from the opposition if you'd like the other team to have another kick on the goal has that award secured.

To TURN over a free kick inside the defending 50 for a player who LEAVES his mark to bump another player is the worst free kick i have ever seen.

ColdDish said:
The umpire made the correct call.

Is that you Mr Humphrey-Smith?

ColdDish said:
Stop looking for urine weak excuses.

Havent you had enough help from the AFL?

Mate, don't barrack for either team so not making excuses at all. Obviously the only one who has his hand on it is your good self if you think that was the right decision

Rocket23 said:
Am still baffled by this one and can't remember off the top of my head a decision that was just so blatantly incorrect.

dont follow either team but easily the worst decision of all time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bluemike said:
Did Stenglein move to bump Barry, or did Barry go to bump Stenglein.

If Stenglein went to bump Barry, then no free kick. Stenglein would have initiated contact

Barry was going to run past him then Stenglein took a massive side step and bumbed Barry... Barry wouldn't have made any contact otherwise.

Worst decision I've seen for a while.

Nah. A free against Mark Johnson for daring to call a Swan a 'weak dog' (weak Swan? :rolleyes: )

"You can't call a player a weak dog" - Martin Ellis

But that free against Barry is right up there!!

hahahha whinge all you like we have a home prelim and a week off. You can sobb all day it wont change the score line.

Rocket23 said:
Is that you Mr Humphrey-Smith?

Mate, don't barrack for either team so not making excuses at all. Obviously the only one who has his hand on it is your good self if you think that was the right decision

You are not allowed to shepherd the player on the mark.

Have a read of the rule book.

I honestly can't recall a more telling free than that. Although the skinny Fitzroy kid that ran over the boundry is one. The thing is though, there was always a gut feeling than any line ball decision would go West Coast's way. It's final football. Players feel the home crowd. The umpires do, too. I was watching this games as nuteral as I have ever been as I have a genuine disgust for both :D but the Swanettes were robbed tonight.

Rocket23 said:
Shaun Burgoyne got pinged for taking too many steps while he was "running on the spot" a few weeks back.

Geesh there have been a few shockers this year. :rolleyes:

amos said:
I honestly can't recall a more telling free than that. Although the skinny Fitzroy kid that ran over the boundry is one. The thing is though, there was always a gut feeling than any line ball decision would go West Coast's way. It's final football. Players feel the home crowd. The umpires do, too. I was watching this games as nuteral as I have ever been as I have a genuine disgust for both :D but the Swanettes were robbed tonight.
Jeff Bruce...destroyed the kids career! :D
What about that Rod Jamesons tackle on Jimmy Wynd in 1991....

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the Tyson Stenglein free kick the worst you have ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back