Was the Tyson Stenglein free kick the worst you have ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

bunsen burner said:
It's not a theory - it's fact. Not negotiable. Look at a replay. He ran at him. Clear as day.

As I said - you clearly have NEVER played a game in your life - why would a player with a clean record like Barry "charge" Stenglein - he had nothing to gain - he WAS running into space - the umpires coach has stated that was his intention so get of your parsimonious horse and shut up.

And what did you expect to do about finding out who I really am? Gutless p = r = i que

bunsen burner said:
Get your hand off it.

BB, you have lost all sense of reason ! I appreciate WCE supporters have had their appetite whet after no success for over a decade, however this umps decision saved your bacon last night.

Banjo said:
he WAS running into space
Clearly not the only thing he was doing. Otherwise he wouldn't have run straight at Stenglein.

And what did you expect to do about finding out who I really am? Gutless p = r = i que
????? I'm not the one hiding behind an alias. Strange that you should call someone else gutless.

scmods said:
I'm with you so far...

This is where people are losing me. How do you figure that if that kick hadn't been paid to Stenglein, then West Coast could not possibly have won the match in the eight or nine minutes that still remained?

Sounds like you are a reasonable person scmods - I think that Sydney would have maintained momentum - and been able to shut the game down (even with 8 minutes to go) - but the illegal free shifted that a bit.

But what the heck - it's over and bring on the rest of the finals - good luck to everybody - (except Bum Burner - he's in need of help)

oporto said:
BB, you have lost all sense of reason ! I appreciate WCE supporters have had their appetite whet after no success for over a decade,
If you're suggesting I'm being biased, then you'd be wrong. Have admitted from the start that the Eagles were favoured by the umpires. Have also acknowledged had it been on neutral ground then the Swans would have been too good for us.

This isn't about bias. Put two other teams there and I guarantee I'd think the same thing.

however this umps decision saved your bacon last night.
How can you say that? How do you know Goodes wouldn't have turned the ball over and the Eagles kick a goal anyway?

bunsen burner said:
Clearly not the only thing he was doing. Otherwise he wouldn't have run straight at Stenglein.

????? I'm not the one hiding behind an alias. Strange that you should call someone else gutless.

You are the ony person on this forum that considers he ran at Stenglein - people with KNOWLEDGE confirm that he did not run at him - just closely by him and Stenglein stepped into his path. FACT.

And this "alias" business - so Bunsen Burner is your actual name...?

I actually think you are getting a woody over crapping on with your rubbish....

Now I and all other unbiased football followers (read: non Eagles supporters) can feel vindicated that we all know the incorrect decision was made, and the moron umpire can join Melbourne on mad Monday, cos his pre-season has started.

bunsen burner said:
No need to know or speculate.

FACT: Barry ran at him
FACT: Barry got too close
FACT: rule book says you're not allowed to run that close to the man on the mark.
FACT: The umpire made the wrong decision.

Umpires Manager Jeff Gieschen has admitted a crucial umpiring decision made in Friday night's nail-biting West Coast-Sydney encounter was incorrect, and that the incident may cost umpire Shane McInerney another finals berth this year.
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=226854

bunsen burner said:
What has this got to do with the price of eggs?

Would have been inside the illegal area, thus should have been a 50m... But hey, why bother with rules. Lets just conveniently remember or even re-write them when we need.

bunsen burner said:
Nope.

I still don't have a problem with it being paid. You shouldn't be able to block the man on the mark. I have no sympathy for Barry or any Swans supporters on that decision. Should have just run past without trying to block.

of course you don't - it won you the game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the Tyson Stenglein free kick the worst you have ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back