Wasted talent at the wrong club ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradshaw only really played back for parts of 2003 through 2005. He was mainly a forward who was only trialled as a defender as he couldn't get a game ahead of Lynch or Brown.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. But that is 3 seasons and he couldn't get enough game time forward with the other big fallahs beforehand either.

Isn't that the point of this thread, players who could have been a whole lot more had they played elsewhere? I'd say the talents of a genuine 60 to 70 goal (plus) forward are wasted if he can't play deep forward week in week out for the side he's in.

Imagine if Bradshaw was at Geelong, the Bulldogs, West Coast, Adelaide or Port over the last 10 years...

wow!!! i forgot how well birss, power and mc mahons careers went after leaving the dogs.........

how did we ever let these match winners slip through our fingers???!!!

If they had of gone to a club that can develop players they might have turned out alright.

Power is going pretty good at North by the way. He actually has a physique that doesnt match a catwalk model.

Is there a gym at the Whitten Oval?

Richo.

The Tigers turn on their own more than any other supporter base when things go bad for Richo.

Richo might have been rated up there with Sticks for his love for the jumper if he had have played for another club.

The Tigers don't deserve this champion...

Richmond have been a rabble for 25 years.

They're still struggling to make ends meet and run like a professional club.

The Cousins backflip and using Polak's injuries to bend the salary cap rules was a disgrace. :thumbsdown:

Koschitzke.

Needs to leave the Saints to get out of Riewoldt's shadow and join a club that lacks a superstar who is the number one target.

The Dogs or GC would suit Koschitzke.

The Saints might even be better off to get a ruckman/forward such as McEvoy who isn't a tweener into their 22.
Murphy and Gibbs. Have had way too much pressure put on them at Carlton and would have been better served without that pressure.
Have you heard them speak?

They're mature beyond their years and haven't folded under pressure.

I hope Hurley or Myers make it after you passed on Rich and Palmer and overlooked two gun midfielders.

There will be more pressure on Essendon if Hurley doesn't develop into a star and Rich emulates Selwood's form.
Maybe they just aren't as good as initially hoped.
Just like Roughead, Hodge, Birchall and Rioli aren't any good...
Certainly Gibbs looks like he would have benefited from a year putting on weight in the 2's.
Gibbs had a better year than Palmer who is the older of the two players.

Bryce is a better kick and ball user than Palmer.

His 2007 season was invaluable and gave him the necessary groundwork for 2008.

I don't think you'd find many opposition supporters that don't think Wells could do with a change of scenery to ignite his career.

Yes but most opposition supporters also told us 10 years ago we'd be dead in three, and routinely predict we'll miss the finals.

What Wells needs is to have a season where he doesn't get two or three knocks that lay him off for three weeks each.

The last couple of seasons have seen Daniel hit elite mid form and sustain it for a few games, then get a niggle, and miss some games, take time to get back, find form, rinse lather and repeat.

Agreed though that Harro could probably shine somehwre else, maybe Collingwood, though his issues are more fitness related than being played out of position/coaching.

Tambling stands out for me. Had he gone to a club like say West Coast he would be an out and out star by now.

Josh Fraser would have done far better at a club with a decent 1st ruck.

Another approach might be to look at players who had demonstrably better careers at a 2nd or 3rd club. Ottens is a good example of this. As would be James Clement.

Not sure about the wasted part, but we are still waiting for the talent. Seriously, he has had every opportunity.

That's true SS, Kosi's problem hasn't been "being stuck in roo's shadow". Successive coaches have moved him around the field a fair bit until he barely knows what he's meant to be doing.
I hope, seeing as we have kept him on, that we find a spot and shove him there and leave him there and he will be a star.

Anyone who thinks Brennan is cocky is utterly, utterly clueless. He is so shy in real life that he can barely even squeak out a sentence in an interview.

As for his performance, he finally arrived in 2008, it just took him time to adapt to a professional level, has nothing to do with what club he is at. Finished top 5 in the 2008 B&F and will be even better again this year. Just because you rarely see the Lions play isn't an excuse for just judging players on their 2004 reputation.

Contrary to what you reckon, I think going to a Melbourne club would have been the worst thing for him. At the very least, I fail to see how going to Carlton or Richmond would suddenly make him a much better player. Especially after seeing what Richmond's development system did for similar "players with flair" in JON and Tambling.

JON has been given plenty of chance, he can barely get a came for coburg seniors so why would Richmond give him a shot in the big leagues.
As for Tambling he is doing fairly well at the moment it is just because everyone compares him to Franklin that he gets a bad wrap. This is the year for bling to shine

hey i like that pun

I hope Hurley or Myers make it after you passed on Rich and Palmer and overlooked two gun midfielders.

There will be more pressure on Essendon if Hurley doesn't develop into a star and Rich emulates Selwood's form.

There is a difference though. We are not placing excessive expectations on either player to perform straight away. Carlton, quite understandably, did so. It shouldn't have had to and both Murphy and Gibbs would have been even better than they are right now, without such expectations placed on them.

Chris Grant you mean ..would have acheived a lot more at a decent club than the poor old dogs.

If Chris Grant had taken Port's cash in 96 he would probably be a 3 time premiership captain and universally recognised as the best CHB of our generation.

He was a gun CHF, but if he could have played in the same side as Tredrea he would have been an absolute superstar at CHB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richo.

The Tigers turn on their own more than any other supporter base when things go bad for Richo.

Richo might have been rated up there with Sticks for his love for the jumper if he had have played for another club.

The Tigers don't deserve this champion...

Richmond have been a rabble for 25 years.

They're still struggling to make ends meet and run like a professional club.

The Cousins backflip and using Polak's injuries to bend the salary cap rules was a disgrace. :thumbsdown:

what a complete load of BS: we dont revere Richo? Hmmm. Your credibility is gone in the first sentanace - but wait! the idiot goes on!...

"Stuggling to make ends meet" - weve been profitable for each of the last 5 years.

"the Cousins Backflip" - What backflip? We said we'd pick Cousins with our second pick if it was available: it wasnt so we had a completely different decision to make - which we took with courage and the admiration of many.

"Using Polaks injury to bend rules" - we a) There was no extra pick so we cant have bent any rules could we? b) we asked the AFL a question, which while pushing the envelope wasnt completely out of the blue or without precedent given the treatment afforded to Essendon and Rama. Anyway, any accusations of "bending the rules" from a Carlton supporter of all people is quite extraordinary!

What I will agree with is that we have at many stages been a rabble: and quite probably that status has led us to stick by Richo's 'idiosyncracies' for longer than many other clubs might. Richmond stuck by Richo and Richo stuck by Richmond: sometimes we were good for each other, sometimes not: but I doubt he would have done better anywhere else: and the more he matures, and the more we pull ourselves together the better we both get.

So go shove that up your backside you complete moron.

Daniel Rich - he is not going to get the proper intreduction and learn much from an untested and untried coach

Yeah.. Rich really drew the short straw in the coaching stakes - must be disappointing to be surrounded by coaches such as Adrian Fletcher,Craig Lambert and Chris Johnson - what would they know about how to be a top midfielder?......and on top of that having to put up with highly regarded coach Justin Leppitsch as well - he is only a triple premiership player and 3 time All Australian......poor Daniel Rich.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasted talent at the wrong club ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back