Watson and Bombers have a 'fighting chance'

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're funny, haven't you seen "The Castle"?
Essendon has more in common with the evil developers than Daryl and his family.

An even better corollary though would be Lance Armstrong.

Using false sympathy amongst supporters, his reputation, money, media connections, the courts, engaging in coverups and obfuscation all to escape scrutiny.

Well, let's put it another way - on what basis would anyone think that WADA has powers to affect the livelihood of Australians, to earn their income entirely inside Australia, with no right for legal redress within the Australian legal system in cases of an unjust decision?

Does WADA sit above our Parliament and legal system?

I'm honestly surprised anyone would believe that.

In fact, I'm even more surprised that some posters actually wish it.

You keep referring to the likelihood of court challenges to unjust decision. I agree, there certainly would have to be a legal redress in the case of an unjust decision.

However, how do you argue that banning players who have been injected multiple times with an "over the line" substance (i.e. meets all the requirements of s0), that has not been properly clinically trialed in the way that you are using it, and the team is using for the very reason that it is giving them some advantage over the competition, is unjust?

AOD has shown a "potential" to repair in basic preliminary testing, not grow muscle mass which has been the accusation.

Cheating will depend on the proof Essendon believe they have showing why they could use it within the rules.

If it accelerate someone healing from injury compared to authorised medical drugs then it is still an unfair advantage.

And hence cheating,

So is LARS surgery cheating? It allows players to play in a fraction of the recovery time compared to onventional ACL repair.

Hey Mxett, explain to me what it repairs again? Then explain to me why Jobe needed it? Every week mind you for x weeks, or x months as the document states.

Actually, pretty sure the document also states why the player needed the injection too. Do you know the reason? Does it tie into the 'repair' aspect of your argument?

So is LARS surgery cheating? It allows players to play in a fraction of the recovery time compared to onventional ACL repair.

Nope because LARS is authorised and avaliable to every other player.

AOD9604 isn't. Hence it is an unfair advantage.

Hey Mxett, explain to me what it repairs again? Then explain to me why Jobe needed it? Every week mind you for x weeks, or x months as the document states.
Stop making things up. You have no idea how often they had it. Watson could have had it once for all you know. In fact, he did state in the interview that the frequency was over-stated

Stop making things up. You have no idea how often they had it. Watson could have had it once for all you know. In fact, he did state in the interview that the frequency was over-stated

ASADA have an idea as it was documented, supplement type, reason for injection, x number per week, x number per month. It's all in writing, with a Dank signature to finish it off.

So again, why would Jobe need injections of AOD? Does he have cartlidge in his knee? What else needs repairing?

ASADA have an idea as it was documented, supplement type, reason for injection, x number per week, x number per month. It's all in writing, with a Dank signature to finish it off.

So again, why would Jobe need injections of AOD? Does he have cartlidge in his knee? What else needs repairing?
I think a Dr Reid signature you mean - the AFL approved doctor who the AFL each pre-season asks players to see if they have any questions about any substances.

You said 'every week' before. That's why I called you out on making things up.

I think a Dr Reid signature you mean - the AFL approved doctor who the AFL each pre-season asks players to see if they have any questions about any substances.

You said 'every week' before. That's why I called you out on making things up.

Every week is irrelevant right now.

You might want to re-check who signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every week is irrelevant right now.

You might want to re-check who signed.
Jobe stated on Monday night that his injections were administered by the AFL approved doctor and all substances were checked off with the AFL approved doctor.

I would imagine that puts the AFL in a sticky spot. They can't very well suspend players because the players followed the exact process they laid down.

Essendon has more in common with the evil developers than Daryl and his family.

An even better corollary though would be Lance Armstrong.

Using false sympathy amongst supporters, his reputation, money, media connections, the courts, engaging in coverups and obfuscation all to escape scrutiny.
What cover ups and obfuscation. I take it you refuse to acknowledge the Ziggy report and the complete compliance and openness by EFC from the outset. Don't be so cynical, it can lead to a closed mind. The mind is like a parachute, it only functions properly when it's open.

The same lawyers that will try and get the Bombers off with 'loopholes' are the same people who defend murderers and pedophiles.

Absolute scum.

What cover ups and obfuscation. I take it you refuse to acknowledge the Ziggy report and the complete compliance and openness by EFC from the outset. Don't be so cynical, it can lead to a closed mind. The mind is like a parachute, it only functions properly when it's open.
The Ziggy report was a whitewash.

How many false denials, scapegoats, blaming of "process", lost documents, memory slips, non admissions and increasingly Byzantine stories from the club do you need.

Actually, pretty sure the document also states why the player needed the injection too. Do you know the reason? Does it tie into the 'repair' aspect of your argument?
We know every player on essendons list didnt receive it. We know trengrove had it to treat a foot injury. We know it has potential to repair and nothing much else.

We don't know how often Jobe was injected or what afflictions he may have been suffering at the time

Jobe stated on Monday night that his injections were administered by the AFL approved doctor and all substances were checked off with the AFL approved doctor.

I would imagine that puts the AFL in a sticky spot. They can't very well suspend players because the players followed the exact process they laid down.

21:1:1
21:1:3

World Anti Doping Code is very clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back