Watt a mark

Remove this Banner Ad

spindoctor

Club Legend
Suspended
Oct 10, 2003
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
That second quarter mark from Watts was all class.

I was very, very pleased with his debut. Was always in the play, didn't 'drop out' like Scott Stevens, who was playing a similar role earlier this year, does. He tackled hard, wasn't afraid of a bit of byplay and looked confident.

As the commentators said, he is a BIG lad, and in a few years of weights 'no one will mess with Fergus!'.

He certainly showed more than I expected, and there is some genuine excitement there.

Two thumbs up.

Yes a very good debut.
Showed some footy nous with some good body play and decisons.
Will be feeling very very tired tonight as appeared to labour a bit in the 2nd half.

Be patient, another big PS will see a good KPP for the Crows.:)

• Banned
Originally posted by Wayne's-World

Will be feeling very very tired tonight as appeared to labour a bit in the 2nd half.

Yeh, I think you also have to factor in how emotionally draining the game would have been - his debut as well as Smart's final game, and the fact that he is not naturally a quick player, contributed to that appearance.

He'll be right.

He looked good and its going to be difficult to believe that he lasted until #15 in the draft. He was advantaged by the fact he made his debut on Ben Harrison though. I cant think of a player in the AFL who wouldnt take him to the cleaners-except Reiwoldt for some reason.

• Banned
David Haynes wouldnt take him to the cleaners.

Haynes is the worst player in the AFL.

Your thing should read

Anybody>Ben Harrison*

*(except David Haynes)

Originally posted by spindoctor
David Haynes wouldnt take him to the cleaners.

Haynes is the worst player in the AFL.

Your thing should read

Anybody>Ben Harrison*

*(except David Haynes)

Naaah. Haynes would have him washed, dried and pressed before Harro even knew they were in the laundromat. :D

• Banned
Don't speak about Haynes in such glowing terms! It's very disrespectful!

Originally posted by Scotty's_Girl
Very good debut from young Fergus today. He presented himself well and he kicked a goal too, which was great to see.

Pretty good debut from young Fergus & with another full pre-season behind him can only improve further.

On another young tyro, i liked the look of Adam Cooney :) & wouldn't he look good in the tri-colours.

I was also impressed with him, however he did pay too much attention to his man rather than look for space.
But jeez he's a first gamer he will be solid next year and a star for the following 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by localyokel
Ben Harrison is an excellent player. Tall, couragious and rarely beaten one on one. Hardly ever does incredibly stupid things either.

Do we have a deal??????????
Thats a sucker deal if ever I saw one;)

Got to love how Watts gives a contest everytime. Laid a couple of huge tackles & fought hard to keep the ball in the area. Good skills too, including that left foot pass to Welsh which he did with ease. Shoudl play most of the remaining games, but probably need to manage him off the bench.

Originally posted by crazy_big_al
Well he could end up being another Gilligan or Agwin and go home boo Hooo
Have you ever said anything positive or even remotely entertaining on the Crows' Board? If you are just going to troll 100% of the time you can buggar off to your own board!

Nah, play him at CHF for the rest of the season, give him no time on the bench and tell him if he doesn't lay 5 tackles and take 8 marks per game, he will be forced to do extra training starting at 5 am four times a week.

That will get him fit and harden him up!

Originally posted by spindoctor
Nah, play him at CHF for the rest of the season, give him no time on the bench and tell him if he doesn't lay 5 tackles and take 8 marks per game, he will be forced to do extra training starting at 5 am four times a week.

That will get him fit and harden him up!
Yes Kerls.

First time ive ever seen him play, and I can tell why you guys were so excited about him.

He seems like hes got alot of lower body strength... not bad for an 18 yr old. He is a great mark and looks to have a pretty nice kicking style.

Definately a great prospect... when Carey and Stevens come back I think it will help him greatly.

I was pleased with Fergus's debut. Big thing will be how he performs in game 2.....but all the signs were positive......and he really is VERY CUTE!

k
xx

Remove this Banner Ad

Watt a mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back