Watts, Bate, Garland, Gysberts among others to play for Casey tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watts going to play against the Hawks?
I'd say its still unlikely, but especially due to the injuries of Jurrah and Sylvia there are spots up forward open for anyone who puts their hand up. He'll need to play well, kick goals and prove that he is fit enough for round one.

Hopefully Bate gets some touch back and is right for round 1. I'd also love to see Garland playing round 1 but if the club thinks more time at Casey is needed then I'll support that. Spencer is the best shot of the rest for a round 1 start.

I would head down, but I'm not sure I can handle two trips out to Cranbourne within the space of a week.
Bloody Cranbourne. Saw we were playing the Bullants so had a brief moment of hope it was being played at VISY Park (10 minutes from me), but no, it has to be Casey.

**** me I just re-read that, i'm sounding like Brock McLean :D

I would head down, but I'm not sure I can handle two trips out to Cranbourne within the space of a week.

Yep I sympathise with you greatly cannons... damn it's a long way.
Although on the plus side, we have a good chance of winning something i guess, last weekend was a bad experience. Epic last quarter fade-out + amazing acts of stupidity on the roads + exxy petrol + tired from the night before + 3 hours driving = unhappy dcrock.

Call me impatient - i just wanna see Watts play! Niggling back? Play in the pocket! I'm sick of him not playing!

On a better note, glad to hear Col Garland getting fit and playing again - a very welcome return to the back six.

Just think, with all of these new injuries, it gives all these other untried or inexperienced players to have a crack, and we'll finally see if they can play a bit. They wouldn't have had a chance otherwise...whole the injuries do suck, it's good to see if other youngsters can cut it.

Call me impatient - i just wanna see Watts play! Niggling back? Play in the pocket! I'm sick of him not playing!

On a better note, glad to hear Col Garland getting fit and playing again - a very welcome return to the back six.

Just think, with all of these new injuries, it gives all these other untried or inexperienced players to have a crack, and we'll finally see if they can play a bit. They wouldn't have had a chance otherwise...whole the injuries do suck, it's good to see if other youngsters can cut it.

injuries mean nothing, every team gets them, and every team uses them as an excuse. fact is, any good team has enough depth in it and injuries wouldnt stop them from winning a premiership. melbourne doesnt.

injuries mean nothing, every team gets them, and every team uses them as an excuse. fact is, any good team has enough depth in it and injuries wouldnt stop them from winning a premiership. melbourne doesnt.

you're right the hawks didnt let injuries stop them from going back to back last year. oh wait..

Fact is we all know our depth is pretty average but it will be good to see if some players can step up in the absence of Morton, Jurrah etc. and hopefully it means we can see guys like Blease very early in the year (along with Scully and Trengove, who would have been in anyway)

you're right the hawks didnt let injuries stop them from going back to back last year. oh wait..

Fact is we all know our depth is pretty average but it will be good to see if some players can step up in the absence of Morton, Jurrah etc. and hopefully it means we can see guys like Blease very early in the year (along with Scully and Trengove, who would have been in anyway)

hawks will have an average this year again.

If anybody heads down today, could they keep us updated with the scores and a report on how the Senior players perform....???:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes, newton has kicked 3 so far in the 1st quarter...

I don't like you...

i-dont-like-you.png

I wouldn't believe what that particular poster says, he's proven himself to be a moron so it wouldn't surprise me if he was just talking out his ass.

Incidentally can anyone fill us in on the goal kickers?

Why would someone mislead anyone about this sort of info.

Seems entirely believable to me. Didn't claim that newton was lining up for his 12th.

Waynewussell on demonology reports
I also saw all but the first 20 mins of the game. GARLAND IS BACK! BATE IS READY! JACK WAS VERY GOOD IN 2nd QTR (only played a half). On top of that Newton played one of his better games, Casey had an 8 goal 3rd Qtr of which Bate kicked 3 and thought he had 4. Gysberts is very effective at feeding the ball out by hand from clearances. I will add more later tonight.

By the way... Garland played the full game (apart from several visits to the woodwork/rotations. He is definitely ready for round 1!

The 18th Green reports
I was at Casey today for the first half on the seniors game which was played in very windy conditions.
Great to see Jack Watts, Matty Bate & Juice all start in the F50 in the first quarter. Jack slowly worked his way into the game after being moved up to the wing where he got a few kicks and Bater was lively but didn't trouble the scorers. Jack moves well for someone who has had a back complaint. His skill were impressive and he used the ball very well. I was also pleased with Juice's leading and attack on the ball. His stats read 3k, 2m, 1hb & a goal in the 1st quarter. Casey was down about 8pts at quarter time. It was our turn to use the wind after the break and by the time the siren sounded it was Casey in front by about the same margin. During the 2nd quarter, Jack had kicked a sensational goal from the boundary with a tricky wind behind him while Col Garland also chipped in courtesy of a 50m penalty. Most impressed with Juice at FF however who had 2.2 from 4k 5m & 2hb. His attitude was great and he was always filthy on himself for missing shots at goal. Could have easily had 4.1 as he had plenty of it. I hope we elevate Juice and he gets another shot in Round 1 against the Hawks. Be interesting to see how many he ends up with for the night. Also spotted Gysberts, Spencer & Mckenzie who were serviceable but not standouts. Hopefully someone will be able to report on the rest of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watts, Bate, Garland, Gysberts among others to play for Casey tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back