Watts v Hurley v Naitanui

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
quiet a few times this season I have Hird commentators say,
"Hurley you could build a team around"
"If I had to pick a player in the AFL to build a team around it would be Hurley"
Hell even Joey Montagna was saying it.

I get the feeling he is becoming Carey / Brown like.

David Neitz is maligned by many football followers. If Hurley ends up as good as Neitz you should be happy. Neitz made the AA team when he was a young CHB and made the AA team as a FF (kicked 82 goals -75 in H&A).

I've seen enough of Hurley to confidently predict that he will never be in Carey or Brown's league.

David Neitz is maligned by many football followers. If Hurley ends up as good as Neitz you should be happy. Neitz made the AA team when he was a young CHB and made the AA team as a FF (kicked 82 goals -75 in H&A).

I've seen enough of Hurley to confidently predict that he will never be in Carey or Brown's league.

I've also seen enough of Hurley to see that he can definitely be in Brown's league. Not sure many players are ever in Carey's league, but I get the comparison - it's all about presence.

Hurley may end up in Brown's league, Brown is an excellent player but he is overrated when people compare him to a Carey.

Carey is in a whole different stratosphere to Brown.

Wow Hurley was super impressive last night. Watching him live you really get an appreciation for his work rate. All three clubs would be happy with their men (I know I am) and these three are going to be part of the next era of champs. Imagine all three of them on one team, scary.

I would be shattered if he only ends up as good as Neitz, you say he wont be in Brown's league, Hell even Matthew's said Hurley is the comps next Brown on the radio not that long ago, and he rates Brown really really highly, matthews even rates Brown's performances with a bit of bias, he was really close to Brown.

Blight, Matthews, Harley, Darcy, Walls hell alot of commentators have said Hurley will be the compitions next best superstar forward of the game, Wow I am suprised you cant see it.

Presence of this bloke is massive.

I would be shattered if he only ends up as good as Neitz, you say he wont be in Brown's league, Hell even Matthew's said Hurley is the comps next Brown on the radio not that long ago, and he rates Brown really really highly, matthews even rates Brown's performances with a bit of bias, he was really close to Brown.

Blight, Matthews, Harley, Darcy, Walls hell alot of commentators have said Hurley will be the compitions next best superstar forward of the game, Wow I am suprised you cant see it.

Presence of this bloke is massive.

Same, Neitz was a really good player, but if Hurley only ends up that good it would be disappointing.

Brown was a passenger on the Brisbane juggernaut his first few seasons. Then he became a gun, then a behemoth. Carries them by himself these days.

Watching Naitanui rove and snap a goal today convinces me that he'll probably end up as the premier player of the comp, let alone his draft year.

Leigh Matthews was on Cornes radio station in Adelaide last week, they asked him who he thinks are the champions to play the game,
Straight away he said the Forwards are the players who are the games best players
He said you have to be retired for at least 5 years to be judged a true champion of the game, he mentioned players like

Carey
Ablett snr
Lockett
Dunstall

I tend to agree with him, Polly Farmer is the olnly ruckman who I have heard can be named with the players above, and Nic Naitanui is the type of ruckman which could be the 2nd

Leigh Matthews was on Cornes radio station in Adelaide last week, they asked him who he thinks are the champions to play the game,
Straight away he said the Forwards are the players who are the games best players
He said you have to be retired for at least 5 years to be judged a true champion of the game, he mentioned players like

Carey
Ablett snr
Lockett
Dunstall

I tend to agree with him, Polly Farmer is the olnly ruckman who I have heard can be named with the players above, and Nic Naitanui is the type of ruckman which could be the 2nd

Im not sure of your argument, Your rebuttal reeks of "Well forwards are better!" ill still take the "hypotheticly" the best player in the game against a man who could become a top 5 forward.
This aint 1960 where the midfield is kicking to one solitary man who will kick 6-7 a game, not the norm anymore

Wow. You would be shattered if he becomes an AA CHB, then swings forward and wins a Coleman?

Essendon supporters are one of a kind.

Yeah that was just a ridiculous comment.

I'd love Hurls to have a career like Nietz...just with a premiership or two thrown in ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was about to say, 300 games and 600 goals isn't a good enough career?

Hurley had a ripper while Watts and Naitanui were quiet.

From a Melbourne point of view there is a huge change in the way Watts goes about his footy now, when he gets it you expect something good to happen.

Im not sure of your argument, Your rebuttal reeks of "Well forwards are better!" ill still take the "hypotheticly" the best player in the game against a man who could become a top 5 forward.
This aint 1960 where the midfield is kicking to one solitary man who will kick 6-7 a game, not the norm anymore

No I ain't throwing a arguement at all, just saying Matthew's thinks the greatest players to play the game have been forwards, except a man named Polly farmer, who was different to all other ruckman before him,
I am saying Nic Naitanui could be the new Farmer, a different style people have not seen before
Which would put him up there with the all time greats

Matthews also said that he saw nothing in Watts which indicated he should have been a no.1 pick...after his 2nd game.

I don't have a lot of time for his opinions on players, the game in general is a different issue.

In the last 20 years I think Neitz struggles to be better than any of these forwards to name a few

Carey
Lockett
Dunstall
Kernahan
Lloyd
Ablett snr
Brown
Franklin
Riewoldt
Hall
Modra
Richardson
Tredrea

even
Fev and Lucas would push him

Was about to say, 300 games and 600 goals isn't a good enough career?

Hurley had a ripper while Watts and Naitanui were quiet.

From a Melbourne point of view there is a huge change in the way Watts goes about his footy now, when he gets it you expect something good to happen.

Neitz wasn't ever regarded as one of the best players in the league, I really believe Hurley will get to that level, not a knock on Neitz.

In the last 20 years I think Neitz struggles to be better than any of these forwards to name a few

Carey
Lockett
Dunstall
Kernahan
Lloyd
Ablett snr
Brown
Franklin
Riewoldt
Hall
Modra
Richardson
Tredrea

even
Fev and Lucas would push him

They are all greats, or will be when they finish.

He was a better player then Lucas and Fev.

So, which Melbourne, Essendon or West Coast fans would like to swap their player for one of the others?

I'm guessing the number will be somewhere south of 1.

I'm not saying that all melbourne supporters should but I have a few mates that follow melbourne that are always saying that they should have taken Naitanui or Hurley..

JW is coming along nicely, just need to leave him forward and NOT give him the licence to go to half back.

I agree with the puppet master too, every time JW gets it these days, something good generally happens. He has come a long long way this year.

So have Hurley and Naitanui though. Look forward to watching the 3 of them over the next 10 years!!!

I'm not saying that all melbourne supporters should but I have a few mates that follow melbourne that are always saying that they should have taken Naitanui or Hurley..

And these will be blokes who started potting him after his 3rd game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back