Wayne Carey and Corey Mckernan or Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughead?

Who is the better pair?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

true but there have been some high profile quality players over looked in the draft due to drug, alcohol and behavioural issues.

I would want him in my side no matter how naturally gifted he was.

You don't have to have him in your side....chances are you will lose though :cool:

I reckon Roughead is better then Mckernan now. Jarryd Roughead has played 175 games and kicked 344 goals and has now kicked 50 goals this year. That's the fourth time he has kicked 50+ goals in a season.

I reckon Roughead is better then Mckernan now. Jarryd Roughead has played 175 games and kicked 344 goals and has now kicked 50 goals this year. That's the fourth time he has kicked 50+ goals in a season.

I love roughy, but I wonder how much you saw of McKernan in his prime.

Corey was a league wide top 5 player at his best (and he prob wasn't #5 either)

McKernan in his prime (1996) was just about the best player in the competition. Indeed, but for suspension that year, he would have tied for the Brownlow with Hird and Voss. He was never quite the same after he injured his shoulder in the 1997 preliminary final.

That's not to undersell Roughead, who is a very, very good player in his own right, but I don't think he's ever quite hit McKernan 1996 levels in terms of sheer dominance of the competition.

And Carey is better than Franklin.

Therefore, for me, Carey and McKernan pretty easily.

No, no, no, Corey McKernan remains a better player then Roughy. Better above his head, below his knees, better ruckman, better mark, better shot on goal and better defensive player. Roughead hasn't ever been considered a top 5 player in the league, let alone a top 3 or 1, Corey was, take off your hawthorn glasses if you want to be taken seriously.

Although it is closer then Duck and Buddy, a lot of daylight between these two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wayne Carey and Corey Mckernan or Lance Franklin and Jarryd Roughead?

Back