WB Captain for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Morris and Murphy.

Morris the on field leader (not that Murphy is bad) and Murphy sells some much needed good PR. He'd have to reign back his personal media commitments. But come on Bob you preach how much you love the dogs, time to walk the walk.

Will Griffen handball the ball to the next Captain? Isn't that some sort of tradition they have at the dogs?
That's breaking the games record. Which wont be happening for quite a while, with no one even close to Johnno.

Geez the lack of leadership the club has is scary.

If Hodge went at Hawthorn you could give it to Mitch, Rough, Lewis, Burgoyne, Gibson...
Congratulations to having a bunch of premiership players while we have a bunch of kids, could you have said the same thing in 2004, i doubt it.

If Hodge went at Hawthorn you could give it to Mitch, Rough, Lewis, Burgoyne, Gibson...

Pretty inevitable when you're rebuilding. We'd be criticised if all the older leaders stayed. There are some future leaders in guys like Roughy and Wallis.

Rotational captaincy ala the Grant Thomas Saints.

2015 - Morris
2016 - Wallis
2017 - Roughead
2018 - Stringer

Rotate it through and build a more even leadership group rather than putting it all on one person.

Im hopeful the Saints do this again after Roo retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rotational captaincy ala the Grant Thomas Saints.

2015 - Morris
2016 - Wallis
2017 - Roughead
2018 - Stringer

Rotate it through and build a more even leadership group rather than putting it all on one person.

Im hopeful the Saints do this again after Roo retires.
Actually not the worst suggestion i've heard. I don't think it'd happen, but I wouldn't mind it.

Murphy next year ala Scott Burns circa 2008.
He's the heart and soul and knows how to write a good piece of paper. Most likely his last season also.

Followed by Wallis/Libba as co-captains in 2016.

This is actually a very intriguing question. Ideally you'd like to pass it onto one of your best young midfielders, but no one stands out.

I think the dogs would have no choice but to give it to a Murphy or a Morris for the short term.

Dahlhaus and Liberatore would probably lead the race to succeed them. Macrae is another who might be able to, but knowing Jack's personality, he's quite reserved and doesn't strike me as a leader amongst men.

I'd also throw Minson's hat in the ring if you could guarantee he'd be committed to the role.

This is actually a very intriguing question. Ideally you'd like to pass it onto one of your best young midfielders, but no one stands out.

I think the dogs would have no choice but to give it to a Murphy or a Morris for the short term.

Dahlhaus and Liberatore would probably lead the race to succeed them. Macrae is another who might be able to, but knowing Jack's personality, he's quite reserved and doesn't strike me as a leader amongst men.

I'd also throw Minson's hat in the ring if you could guarantee he'd be committed to the role.
Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

Minson did captain a couple of games when whatshisface was out this season. Is a chance
Minson should be a delisting candidate, not a captain candidate.

How about Koby Stevens? Yes, he's not the most talented guy around, but maybe a Vandenberg like captain is what the Scray need right now.

How about Koby Stevens? Yes, he's not the most talented guy around, but maybe a Vandenberg like captain is what the Scray need right now.

What? He might be a bit of a nutter but he's one of the best rucks going around still.

Minson's not a captain and should be delisted ... and Koby Stevens would be a good captain. Wow :eek: I like Koby, but in a bad year Minson still outperformed Stevens

Morris or Murphy should be captain

Anybody that's ever ran in to Libba out on the town would know he isn't going to be an AFL captain in this life time
At least you know he's going to give his all for his club, unlike some campaigner (griffen)

True at the moment but the leadership in our young players is fantastic, you could make a case for any of Rough, Wallis, Koby, Hrovat, Macrae, Bonts, Stringer being future captains, but we wouldn't want to put that burden on them this early. Hopefully we give it to Murph or Moz for a year or two until one of these guys cement themselves in the team and are ready for it. Reckon it will be Roughy.

Remove this Banner Ad

WB Captain for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back