WCE looking for speedy mids already in the system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we don't really know what we're getting with Corey. We just know what we should get. Should being the other operative word in this scenario.

Fremantle should have been getting an awesome midfielder that polled 16 brownlow votes in Des Headland. Take him away from Voss, Black, Aker, Power etc.. and he's not even close to what he was with those guys around, and he was a #1 pick.

Corey is in his eigth year in a midfield he has learnt to play with week after week. He knows where to go and those other blokes that he plays with are as good or better than him.

We should be getting a champion midfielder, but take away Ablett, Bartel, Ling, Chapman, Enright, Kelly etc... and we may be looking at our very own Des Headland, not to mention that Corey may well have peaked and this is as good as he gets. I'd rather take that punt on a kid who will be with us for his whole career and get better every year he's with us. :thumbsu:

IF we MUST get a player in the system, I would be much happier with someone like Ray or Prismall, who still has over 5 years left on the clock with room to grow with the midfield not fade out just as the midfield starts peaking.

i havent seen much of farren ray so cant comment on him, i really hope we keep our picks althouhg i could see us going after Prismal

js29car_bri_03_gallery__298x400.jpg

I have a horrible feeling... :(

Surprsied nobody has mentioned Andrew Lovett. Fits the description perfectly. Plenty of years left in him and may need a change. Lighting quick with good skills. Pick 20 for Lovett should get the job done.

Surprsied nobody has mentioned Andrew Lovett. Fits the description perfectly. Plenty of years left in him and may need a change. Lighting quick with good skills. Pick 20 for Lovett should get the job done.
Pass.

The last thing we need is a player who cant keep his act together off field.

All I could suggest is Shannon Byrnes. Lightning quick, amazing skills and contested ability, not to mention the X-Factor.
Always does the team things too like when he 'purposefully' rushed S.Johnsons miracle goal to stop him getting ahead of himself. Pure poetry.

Na he's crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prismall, Ray, Walker, Iles, Swallow, Jetta, J.Morton, N.Djerrkura, JON, A.McGrath, D.Pearce, Van berlo, Stack.

All have speed all could play Midfield some would be cheaper then others.
Take your Pick.

whats with the word "speed"?

you think midfielders who have speed will be gun players?

absolute bullocks!

getting the ball and precision delivering > speed

i only rate the bolded

LOVETT!!!!!!!!!!! Speedy mids, well hes one of the quickest in the AFL. And hes not afraid to take the game on (unlike Wells and the starting 22 for West Coast atm)

Yeh hes done some dumb things and we're the new breed of Eagles, so what, give a guy a chance ay. Hes shown the potential to dominate and hes still very young.

Hes an excitement machine, especially when he did that Michael Jackson dance on the Footy Show last year, haha dam that was good. :)

Guys what I have been told is we wont trade our first 3 picks any after that we will trade.

So at this stage 1,17 and 20 wont be traded.

Pick 36 and above and players will be tradable.

absolute bullocks!

i only rate the bolded
its not about being a gun but offering a different dynamic to the team.. look at our current midfield..its sluggish. teams are literally running away from us. we lack the speed to break lines and take advantage of the wide open spaces of subi like we used to. the team at current is very one dimensional with nothing special about it. kerr is the only midfielder that can take them on but he cant becasue hes being bear hugged at every stoppage. just my opinion

Danyle Pearce i reckon is another good option. Lets not forget he was the Rising Star winner, and lets not forget the great players that have arisen after winning that award.. such as Ben Cousins :D

its not about being a gun but offering a different dynamic to the team.. look at our current midfield..its sluggish. teams are literally running away from us. we lack the speed to break lines and take advantage of the wide open spaces of subi like we used to. the team at current is very one dimensional with nothing special about it. kerr is the only midfielder that can take them on but he cant becasue hes being bear hugged at every stoppage. just my opinion

what are u 18?

we look sluggish bc we dont have "gun" midfielders

of course the team is one dimensional, we dont have "gun" midfielders

how can u break lines when your midfield cant get or give you the ball without making clangers

just b/c being quick looks good on tv doesnt mean its 100% effective, how often do you see a player run and carry the 4qtrs?

kerr cant take no one on if hes got somone up his ass all day

ur top 3 midfield should have 2 onballers (inside/outside) and a tagger

hodge, black, luke power, hayes, stevens, goodwin, bartel, corey

just some names who are very effective in the midfield without "speed"

absolute bullocks!

i only rate the bolded
If we trade for 1 person I hope its Prismall, IMO this kid is Joel Selwood mark 2.
Imagine a midfield like this Next year
FB: Waters, Glass, Davis
HB: Embley, McKenzie, A.Selwood
C: Hurn, Masten, Rich
HF: Ebert, Kennedy, MacNamara
FF: LeCras, Brown, Wirra
RR: Cox, Kerr, Prismall

Int: Priddis, Houlihan, Butler, Lynch.
All Bolded players can and Have Played as Midfielders.:thumbsu:

We'll probably have picks 2, 18, 20, 36 and 52 or very similar.

Joel Corey, for example, I'd be happy to give up 18 or 20 for, as he is a proven player and you'd expect he would give 4-5 years good service to the club.
I wonder how Geelong would feel about that.

I reckon they'd prefer to keep Corey.

They're in the middle of a premiership window. Why would they be prepared to lose one of their best midfielders for pick 18?

I wonder how Geelong would feel about that.

I reckon they'd prefer to keep Corey.

They're in the middle of a premiership window. Why would they be prepared to lose one of their best midfielders for pick 18?

Because we would quadruple Coreys wages and he would demand to leave

LOVETT!!!!!!!!!!! Speedy mids, well hes one of the quickest in the AFL. And hes not afraid to take the game on (unlike Wells and the starting 22 for West Coast atm)

Yeh hes done some dumb things and we're the new breed of Eagles, so what, give a guy a chance ay. Hes shown the potential to dominate and hes still very young.

Hes an excitement machine, especially when he did that Michael Jackson dance on the Footy Show last year, haha dam that was good. :)

Last thing we need is Sampii MkII

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE looking for speedy mids already in the system.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back