News We’re going to Dingleyland! Teams to move in mid 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nooooooooo

Who lives near Dingerz for training reports !!

I Do Lol GIF by Lifetime

With the land that's around our new home are we keeping it for future expansion development once its all completed, or are we selling it off for redevelopment, with land prices these days we could make a killing and put the club massively in the black, I've never seen what's there only from pictures.

All does the complex take up the whole area we own.

With the land that's around our new home are we keeping it for future expansion development once its all completed, or are we selling it off for redevelopment, with land prices these days we could make a killing and put the club massively in the black, I've never seen what's there only from pictures.

it has been explained a few times on here that the land is a former tip site and so has restrictions on how it can be used. No subdiving for development is possible as I believe.

There will be some area for the club's expansion

it has been explained a few times on here that the land is a former tip site and so has restrictions on how it can be used. No subdiving for development is possible as I believe.

There will be some area for the club's expansion
From memory the previous owners tried their hardest to get the site rezoned including a sketchy 'donation'

Cannot sell for development it's in the green wedge and will not be zoned for residential or commercial. So has to remain parkland or sports ground.

Initial designs included a basketball stadium which could generate some money.

I don't think subdivision is in the plans. We plan to be there 100 years, it's about future proofing. Its looking more likely that eventually we will have a national reserves competition so each club will have to field 2 teams a week. The extra land means that whatever the future needs are we can build it.

At Waverly it was that 1 building and no possible expansion. Many clubs even with new facilities like Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Collingwood and Stkilda have the same problem. Stkilda has space to expand but don't own it so they may not be able to construct new buildings.

From memory the previous owners tried their hardest to get the site rezoned including a sketchy 'donation'
Local community is also full of nimbys who have been fighting hard to stop the development of Kingswood golf course. They've been holding that back for 10 years and Australian super recently sold it just before it got rezoned for residential.

Looking like 700 new homes being built there but will need to be all new proposal as previously planned development was knocked back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News We’re going to Dingleyland! Teams to move in mid 2025!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back