We all told Melbourne last season

Remove this Banner Ad

Kudos to CNB for his postings in our chat yesterday here, more than made up for the OP :thumbsu:;)

As I said to another Tiger-supporting mate recently, I figure fans of our two clubs really ought to stick together more than we have, we've got a lot in common as supporters.

We both support inner-city Melbourne clubs with a long and respected tradition in the game, and we always come out fighting for our club when the chips are down. And we've each suffered massive frustration over the last three decades. Obviously we're both acutely aware what it's like to be in this sort of position on the field too.

Some points I picked up from the game yesterday seeing the Dees live for the first time in a while:

- Davey is LAZY!!
- Watts shows plenty...but will never be a power forward. Still going to be a good player for the Dees.
- Howe has great hands. You've got yourself a good one there.
- Tom Macdonald also looks good.
- Clarke adds to your team and will be a good get. I was very sceptical about him but looks ok.
Sad indictment on the senior players at the club that the kids Trengove and Grimes were given the captaincy at their age. Both those kids though are very impressive and will end up being fantastic servants of the MFC. Kudos to Neels not bowing to pressure and giving it to the older players who aren't up to it.
- Davey is LAZY!!

I was sitting amongst Dees supporters yesterday and had to remind them what the Tiges were like in Hardwick's first year. The players struggled to adapt to a new game plan and openly said as such. Same will apply to the Dees and it will take a while yet before they get it. The Dees have a better list than what the Tiges had back then and hence your improvement should be a little more rapid than ours was.

As for those going on about Rawlings and Royal being sh1t coaches, I say those posters know sweet fk all!!

And finally, the Dees should seriously look to swap one of those priority picks for a strong bodied 22 yo (or thereabouts) who can make an impact almost immediately. You need others in there who can take some of the heat from your kids. Viney seems like he'll be a great pickup but again, he's a few years away from being able to consistently contribute.

Oh, have I mentioned that Davey is LAZY!! Seriously, he needs to go.

What??!

I'm a big Rawlings fan, what I've seen at training is he's a very clear communicator.. he knows what he's doing.

And since when was he 'fired' from Richmond??

He was a caretaker coach, and left when he wasn't offered the senior gig.

Fair enough I would have thought.

Royal was St. Kilda's midfield coach from 08 or 09 I think...

Look at the players we had in the midfield.

Some points I picked up from the game yesterday seeing the Dees live for the first time in a while:

- Davey is LAZY!!
- Watts shows plenty...but will never be a power forward. Still going to be a good player for the Dees.
- Howe has great hands. You've got yourself a good one there.
- Tom Macdonald also looks good.
- Clarke adds to your team and will be a good get. I was very sceptical about him but looks ok.
Sad indictment on the senior players at the club that the kids Trengove and Grimes were given the captaincy at their age. Both those kids though are very impressive and will end up being fantastic servants of the MFC. Kudos to Neels not bowing to pressure and giving it to the older players who aren't up to it.
- Davey is LAZY!!

I was sitting amongst Dees supporters yesterday and had to remind them what the Tiges were like in Hardwick's first year. The players struggled to adapt to a new game plan and openly said as such. Same will apply to the Dees and it will take a while yet before they get it. The Dees have a better list than what the Tiges had back then and hence your improvement should be a little more rapid than ours was.

As for those going on about Rawlings and Royal being sh1t coaches, I say those posters know sweet fk all!!

And finally, the Dees should seriously look to swap one of those priority picks for a strong bodied 22 yo (or thereabouts) who can make an impact almost immediately. You need others in there who can take some of the heat from your kids. Viney seems like he'll be a great pickup but again, he's a few years away from being able to consistently contribute.

Oh, have I mentioned that Davey is LAZY!! Seriously, he needs to go.

Some good points.

But I was alright with Davey's efforts, we need his type and he's improving.

Kudos to CNB for his postings in our chat yesterday here, more than made up for the OP :thumbsu:;)

As I said to another Tiger-supporting mate recently, I figure fans of our two clubs really ought to stick together more than we have, we've got a lot in common as supporters.

We both support inner-city Melbourne clubs with a long and respected tradition in the game, and we always come out fighting for our club when the chips are down. And we've each suffered massive frustration over the last three decades. Obviously we're both acutely aware what it's like to be in this sort of position on the field too.

Absolutely :thumbsu: I think of Melbourne in the same vein as Richmond.

I want James Frawley Vs. Jack Riewoldt to be Jacko Vs. Carey, not Gasper Vs. Neitz. Still will never forget Sheedy claiming we should both merge. How wrong he will be proven to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

We all told Melbourne last season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back