Opinion We Drive to the World Stage in an MG ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodbye MG ?

When Peter Ciao, CEO of MG Motor in Sydney, met with the PAFC directors on the day of the partnership launch pre-season 2020, he asked them when was Port going to win its next premiership.

His question was greeted with a prolonged uncomfortable silence.

Ciao was puzzled. He looked baffled. What’s wrong with these people, his face seemed to read.

Now we have supporters leaving home games in the third quarter, booing the senior coach when his booable face appears on the big screen, booing him physically off the ground.

Why? No premiership. No sight of one. Ever.

Worse, we have the senior coach pulling crying games on TV, having won against a bottom side by 2 points, babbling like a kid with a psycho disorder: “I want to be the coach!”

Today Peter Ciao will be wondering what sort of zoo he has signed up with as a partner.

He will be looking for the closest exit. He will be looking to get out.

Goodbye MG ?

When Peter Ciao, CEO of MG Motor in Sydney, met with the PAFC directors on the day of the partnership launch pre-season 2020, he asked them when was Port going to win its next premiership.

His question was greeted with a prolonged uncomfortable silence.

Ciao was puzzled. He looked baffled. What’s wrong with these people, his face seemed to read.

Now we have supporters leaving home games in the third quarter, booing the senior coach when his booable face appears on the big screen, booing him physically off the ground.

Worse, we have the senior coach pulling crying games on TV, having won against a bottom side by 2 points, babbling like a kid with a psycho disorder: “I want to be the coach!”

Today Peter Ciao will be wondering what sort of zoo he has signed up with as a partner.

He will be looking for the closest exit. He will be looking to get out.
My (Port supporting) mate in Sydney recently started working for GFG's Infrabuild division in Circular Quay. We spoke after the Brisbane disaster. He didn't know a mutual friend was working there when GFG first came on board to support Port.

When I hung up the phone I wondered what our sponsors make of all this crap. I figured GFG every 6 months seem to be in the news about financial difficulties so maybe they weren't too phased by all this.

But what about the rest of them, including MG?

My (Port supporting) mate in Sydney recently started working for GFG's Infrabuild division in Circular Quay. We spoke after the Brisbane disaster. He didn't know a mutual friend was working there when GFG first came on board to support Port.

When I hung up the phone I wondered what our sponsors make of all this crap. I figured GFG every 6 months seem to be in the news about financial difficulties so maybe they weren't too phased by all this.

My employer can't get insurance to trade with GFG. We refuse to trade with them on that basis.

My employer can't get insurance to trade with GFG. We refuse to trade with them on that basis.
The irony is, the mutual mate I mentioned in my previous post, told me several years ago, Infrabuild division make all the money, and then it is moved to plug holes in the rest of the GFG in Oz and elsewhere.

Last edited:

Presume we'll hold onto KFC - they don't care, they love it.

Presume we'll hold onto KFC - they don't care, they love it.

My goodness. It’s a symbol of happy-clapping. I won’t be able to eat it again! 😱

Last edited:

“But, hey, look all the STABILITY we have!”

— Sorry, what? I can’t hear you with all this booing going on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back