AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man United
Forward Line
Essendon Carlton
- Laycock vs -Fisher
-Lloyd -Fevola
-McPhee -Waite (hopefully if he plays there)

Midfield
Essendon have Stanton, Dyson, Houli, J Johnson, Jobe Watson n some other duds
compared to
JUDD STEVENS CARAZZO MURPHY GIBBS SIMPSON

Defence
Our defence will be good enough for this match as they only really have Lloyd to match up on- and out of Thornton, Jamison and O'hAilpin, one will do the job.

On the other side, Ryder, Michael and Fletcher could struggle to maintain the likes of Fev, Fisher, Waite and Kreuzer.

Rucks
Hille/Laycock vs Hampson/Cloke
They may have a slight advantage there but nothing that will change the game.

I am really positive we will win as we are stronger than Essendon in the mid, defence and attack.

Forward Line
Essendon Carlton
- Laycock vs -Fisher
-Lloyd -Fevola

Midfield
compared to

Defence
Our defence will be good enough for this match as they only really have Lloyd to match up on- and out of Thornton, Jamison and O'hAilpin, one will do the job.

On the other side, Ryder, Michael and Fletcher could struggle to maintain the likes of Fev, Fisher, Waite and Kreuzer.

Rucks

I am really positive we will win as we are stronger than Essendon in the mid, defence and attack.

putting our players in bold doesnt make them better unfortunately. as it stands they are 1-1, we've done nothing.

Forward Line
Essendon Carlton
- Laycock vs -Fisher
-Lloyd -Fevola

Midfield
compared to

Defence

Rucks

All of the above means absolutely nothing if our disposal is going to be as poor as last week. We finally get a great game from our backline and everyone else failed to step up, excluding a few. I really hope we do get our sh1t together from now on because we got some big games coming up against our biggest rivals, and it definately wouldn't hurt to get a win or two for the group moving forward, confidence is absolutely huge in sport and we have SFA. I do hope this is the beginning of better times ahead, i don't expect us to be world beaters and dominate, but i would like us to get few wins and to be competitive in the games that we do lose. Can't wait for saturday night love watching us play the dons, especially when we win by a point or two...

Forward Line
Essendon Carlton
- Laycock vs -Fisher
-Lloyd -Fevola

um... i think you'll find that the forwards play on the defence so i don't see how it matters if our forward line is better or not...

if Fev is better Lloyd is doesn't matter because michael/flethcer will be on them..

so i think who cares which parts are better!!

if we put them matched up then that is a better comparison

i'd say

Fev can beat Michael
Fisher will struggle against Ryder
and Waite (doubt he'll play there) would have to play well to beat fletcher...

the other end.
Lloyd can most likely beat Jamiso/thornton but not kicka bag
setanta will beat laycock
and waite if he plays back there will dominate

we beat their midfield easily but i think the big dual is our backline vs their foward line...

Forward Line
Essendon Carlton
- Laycock vs -Fisher
-Lloyd -Fevola

Midfield
compared to

Defence
Our defence will be good enough for this match as they only really have Lloyd to match up on- and out of Thornton, Jamison and O'hAilpin, one will do the job. <---hideous footballers

On the other side, Ryder, Michael and Fletcher could struggle to maintain the likes of Fev, Fisher, Waite and Kreuzer. <--- wtf?

Rucks

Peanut.

I am guessing your IQ is at a similiar level as Carlton's percentage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we have learnt anything in the first 2 weeks and thus play close to our potential we should win. Certainly have the team capable of it. Just the application in doubt. But we must WIN the game not let Essendon beat us!
JUST WIN!!!

Their defensive pressure will not allow Fevola, and Fisher get the ideal disposal they want and need. What they do not match one on one, they beat you in game plan and their ability to execute it. They will run you out, it will be close come half time but I cannot see you guys winning this.

Who will take Lloyd though? I trust their backline ahead of yours if Waite goes forward.

This isnt a troll, just my opinion.

Their defensive pressure will not allow Fevola, and Fisher get the ideal disposal they want and need. What they do not match one on one, they beat you in game plan and their ability to execute it. They will run you out, it will be close come half time but I cannot see you guys winning this.

Who will take Lloyd though? I trust their backline ahead of yours if Waite goes forward.

This isnt a troll, just my opinion.
either Jamison, Waite or Sentanta could take Lloyd, good thing Lucas isnt playing as we would have had a match up problem

i may be wrong but doesn't Thornton usually take Lloyd, and do a pretty good job on him ?

Watch for Lloyd to get reported too - that's his normal form against us...

Back on track. We do match up pretty well but the leg speed of Essendon and their quick ball carrying is a bit of a worry.

But then again it's Carl v Ess anything could happen :thumbsu:

Back on track. We do match up pretty well but the leg speed of Essendon and their quick ball carrying is a bit of a worry.

But then again it's Carl v Ess anything could happen :thumbsu:

Thats the key. And to be honest, I think thats what the Blues fans need to be hoping for.

Some of the OPs comments were laughable, granted they wont thump you but I just cant see the Blues staying with Essendon for four quarters.

No-one's mentioned the obvious.

No J Hird. Carlton win. Simple.
Also, no S Camporeale - he tore us a new one in round 20 last season.

Monfries showed trepidation in every game he played last season, except against us in round 20, he also tore us a new one.

Not sure what to make of this game... this is as easy as it gets to open our account. We'd all prefer it to be in round 3, instead of round 5 against Melbourne...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back