WE MUST TRADE DARCY

Remove this Banner Ad

Well... Time to put my 2 cents in this....

I remember the 2013 AFL season when we made the Grand final.

Freos ruck stocks in 2013: Sandilands, Jono Griffin, Zac Clarke and Jack Hannath.

Sandilands was out with a turf toe injury. Clarke got injured in the big day out concert, he missed rounds 1-7.

Rounds 1-7 Jono Griffin and Jack Hannath were the available rucks. Sadly Jono Griffin did his knee in round 7.

Zac Clarke returning came at the best possible time.

So from rounds 8-14, Zac Clarke and Jack Hannath were our 2 main rucks.

Sandilands came back in round 15. From that round 15 until the grand final, Sandilands and Zac Clarke were the main rucks.

You are wondering why I posted all that on this thread....

Point is, Look at Freos ruck stocks now..

Sean Darcy when fit is good. Luke Jackson is 198 cm. He can ruck, but we prefer him to kick goals.

Liam Reidy and Max Knobel havent had a Debut game yet. Mind you, I wished they both got a debut game each this season in 2013.

Well... Time to put my 2 cents in this....

I remember the 2013 AFL season when we made the Grand final.

Freos ruck stocks in 2013: Sandilands, Jono Griffin, Zac Clarke and Jack Hannath.

Sandilands was out with a turf toe injury. Clarke got injured in the big day out concert, he missed rounds 1-7.

Rounds 1-7 Jono Griffin and Jack Hannath were the available rucks. Sadly Jono Griffin did his knee in round 7.

Zac Clarke returning came at the best possible time.

So from rounds 8-14, Zac Clarke and Jack Hannath were our 2 main rucks.

Sandilands came back in round 15. From that round 15 until the grand final, Sandilands and Zac Clarke were the main rucks.

You are wondering why I posted all that on this thread....

Point is, Look at Freos ruck stocks now..

Sean Darcy when fit is good. Luke Jackson is 198 cm. He can ruck, but we prefer him to kick goals.

Liam Reidy and Max Knobel havent had a Debut game yet. Mind you, I wished they both got a debut game each this season in 2013.
Should've played the last 2-3 games one in at a time or something.
(Liam Reidy and Max Knobrl)

Should've played the last 2-3 games one in at a time or something.
(Liam Reidy and Max Knobel)
Agreed..... That period where Darcy was out for the season with 4 or 5 games left was the chance to give them a game each.

Luke Jackson as the main ruck and Josh Tracy at 195 cm and Cox at 195 cm to pinch hit can work on certain days.

Its weird. In 2012-15, Dockers tall forwards were bare outside of an Aging matty pavlich. Rucks Had Sandilands, Griffin, Clarke and Hannath.

Our current Squad has many tall forwards in Amiss, Tracey, Sturt and Tabs. Rucks Have Darcy but Reid and Knobel are untested.

Jackson can play ruck and forward.

Following on from my Acres thread where I was proven right, along with being against a previous Fremantle player becoming our coach..when that was an unpopular opinion.

We must cash out Darcy and get what we can (Kings Ransom), play Jacko full time ruck and Treacy as Ruck/Fwd. Reidy and a developing Knobel as backup in wafl.

Darcy is constantly injured, taps aren’t to advantage and too unfit for the modern game.

We will definitely regret having an overpaid, underplayed, overweight Ruck on a long contract. We must move on becoming a more athletic and lethal midfield.

If Jackson wasn’t brought over I would’ve been fine having Darcy kept on. Jackson is here for another 7 or 8 years..

This is the crossroads. We must trade him.
Just giving this a bump and it’s fair to say I was smashed in the comments and it’s good I have thick skin.

I haven’t been proven right yet, but it’s looking that way.

Why the f did we sign him for 6 years?

Just giving this a bump and it’s fair to say I was smashed in the comments and it’s good I have thick skin.

Please, this year reinforced that people that say Jackson should be first ruck are stubborn losers who deliberately misconstrue reality all in the name of their own ego.

We are significantly better when Darcy plays, we get smoked when he doesn't - ergo we should do everything we can to get him healthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please, this year reinforced that people that say Jackson should be first ruck are stubborn losers who deliberately misconstrue reality all in the name of their own ego.

We are significantly better when Darcy plays, we get smoked when he doesn't - ergo we should do everything we can to get him healthy.
I somewhat agree with the Jackson part. I would bring in an established recycled ruckman and have him battle Reidy for the top spot.

6 years for Darcy is the worst idea in a sad history of bad ideas.

I somewhat agree with the Jackson part. I would bring in an established recycled ruckman and have him battle Reidy for the top spot.

6 years for Darcy is the worst idea in a sad history of bad ideas.
Disagree, we're a far better team with Darcy. I'd happily trade Jackson long before Darcy. Jackson is more professional, but Darcy makes us a better team overall

All well and good to say we should trade him when he has his worst year to date. However, I think this year has shown that Jacko is not a first ruck, and when we've played him as first ruck against the bigger rucks, he got flogged like red headed step-son. The knock on affect is the team looks far worse as to when Darcy is there.
Perhaps hanging onto Meek and letting Darcy go would have been a wise choice in hindsight. I don't think many of us would have been fans of that at the time if we're being totally honest tho

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

What is this thread? Trade Darcy...this sounds so similar to the Trade Sandilands threads of yesteryear. Then Sandi got fit and showed the whole competition why he was a monster.

I'm backing Darcy in to do the same.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1725193504710.jpg
    FB_IMG_1725193504710.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 32

You want to play Treacy as the 2nd ruck and have Jackson 1st ruck? I think that looks like our last three weeks with Treacy not playing due to an injury.

Rucks get injured more, that's why we have two good ones so we can cover. When Darcy gets back to his best, he's going to make you look silly. You don't win a Doig for no reason.

You want to play Treacy as the 2nd ruck and have Jackson 1st ruck? I think that looks like our last three weeks with Treacy not playing due to an injury.

Rucks get injured more, that's why we have two good ones so we can cover. When Darcy gets back to his best, he's going to make you look silly. You don't win a Doig for no reason.
I would go Reidy or a cheap recycled ruck as main ruck. Darcy off the books will give us more to throw at Warner and to keep our young midfielders who will all be champions and sought after.

Jackson backup ruck/fwd.

I have changed my mind on Treacy rucking. I don’t want him anywhere near that anymore. Too important to the FWD structure.

I would go Reidy or a cheap recycled ruck as main ruck. Darcy off the books will give us more to throw at Warner and to keep our young midfielders who will all be champions and sought after.

Jackson backup ruck/fwd.

I have changed my mind on Treacy rucking. I don’t want him anywhere near that anymore. Too important to the FWD structure.
So we still lose our last 2 as that was our set-up. Darcy playing injured did him no favors against Essendon and I recon we win that game and Geelong if Reidy plays instead. Coaches have hopefully learnt a lesson there.

If Darcy is fit though, we win all 4. Seems to make a lot more sense than trading him, especially since he had a great patch in the season that got us on a roll at one stage. We looked gone in the 2nd Derby when he went off but he soon returned and we got the ascendency back and the win.

Remove this Banner Ad

WE MUST TRADE DARCY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back