Analysis We need to chat ( some of our more sensitive posters, probably shouldn't enter)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that anyone believes that this is our future premiership list. Everyone knows that there will be turnover. We'll probably have 7+ players join the list in the next 12 months, at a minimum (including George).

I reckon we've got 8 good players who we know we can build around.

LDU
Simpkin
Zurhaar
Logue
McKay
Larkey
Sheezel
Stephenson

5 vets gone within 2 years
Cunnington
Goldstein
Ziebell
Shiels
Greenwood

8 players you'd expect to be good
Phillips
Powell
Comben
Wardlaw
Curtis
Goater
Bergman
George

1 ninja
Thomas

A handful of limited role players
McDonald
Corr
Scott
Tucker
Howe

Then a bunch of blokes that you hope a few can stick.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Corr 195cm 97kgs. Allegedly not suited to playing KPD. What the * is he suited to?

He sucks.

Sucks as a one on one player, sucks an interceptor. Gets beaten by third talls, can’t compete with the big boys and you can’t trust him with the ball in hand.

He has played 26 games for the club and I can’t remember more than 3 where he has dominated his direct opponent.

Mate McKay is that overblown around here it is madness
I still remember that round 1 Hawthorn game where Mitch Lewis shredded him before he got concussed, and then somehow everyone retro'd it as McKay had him covered, then got concussed, then Ziebs got shredded.

I think Ziebell and Goldstein are a given to be moved on. Cunnington has a year left on his contract.

B10’s heart doesn’t look in it; he’s the type of guy that would walk at the end of the year rather than end up where Cotchin is atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we let McKay go as a restricted free agent what would the likely AFL compensation be? I suspect only 1 pick rather than two

If the numbers and length of contract that have been rumoured (5yrs x 800k) then we’d be getting a 1st round compo straight after our first pick, which would in all likelihood end up being a top 5 pick.

If the numbers and length of contract that have been rumoured (5yrs x 800k) then we’d be getting a 1st round compo straight after our first pick, which would in all likelihood end up being a top 5 pick.
So say we win 4-5 games surely we get a proper compo pick. If we finish 16th that would mean you get picks 3,4,5 and Poorts pick. Would you swap two of them for Reid?

I still remember that round 1 Hawthorn game where Mitch Lewis shredded him before he got concussed, and then somehow everyone retro'd it as McKay had him covered, then got concussed, then Ziebs got shredded.
He’s all we’ve had down back for a few years now so we have an inflated opinion of him. Not averse to cashing in but still think Mackay, corr and Logue, with enough games together could form a very solid backline core.

He sucks.

Sucks as a one on one player, sucks an interceptor. Gets beaten by third talls, can’t compete with the big boys and you can’t trust him with the ball in hand.

He has played 26 games for the club and I can’t remember more than 3 where he has dominated his direct opponent.
Yeah he's no good at all.

Imagine for a second that GWS had 50k members and say 200k followers - ha. You still would not find 1 of them that laments the fact that Corr got away. He's Polec just a bit taller but can't kick.

I have spent the last 3 seasons wishing we'd get beaten. ( hated myself for it fyi) I was super excited by the prospect of watching us compete under al clarko in the year of the Lord 2023.
Well not much has changed, we have a better squad than we've had over the last 3 seasons, and today's result was as bad as anything we've dished up in the past. Not going to bother analysing the fact we got analysed. It was there for the football world to see.

The Hawks defeat was also catastrophic and I wasn't a bit surprised the Blues copped a belting against the Crows. We are once again closing in on averaging 100 points against every week. With many more options in the back six than we've had in a while.
Someone said that Sheezel may well win our B&F and as laughable as that should be, you'd think he'll go close.

I'm not sure how we arrived here but alas we are here and I still feel finals in 2025 are a real chance, I also don't rate the quality of the comp, think it is quite poor. That helps us I suppose.

On to the real issue at hand. In alphabetical order

1. Bergman
  2. Comben
  3. Corr
  4. Cunnington
  5. Curtis
  6. Drury*
  7. George*
  8. Goater
  9. Goldy
  10. Greenwood
  11. Harvey*
  12. Howe
  13. Larkey
  14. Logue
  15. McKay
  16. Phillips
  17. Powell
  18. Sheezel
  19. Sheils
  20. Simpkin
  21. Stephenson
  22. Thomas*
  23. Tucker
  24. Wardlaw*
  25. Xerri
  26. Ziebell
  27. Zurhaar

That is our AFL capable squad, the * I haven't seen as yet, so I'll give then a chance. The rest aren't any good and for 99% they never will be good enough for AFL football, regardless of how poor a standard it is.

The break down as follows.

The below fab five I believe won't be playing in season 2025, so leaves us with 22

1. Goldy
  2. Cunners
  3. JZ
  4. Greenwood
  5. Shiels

The below flaky four make the San Andreas seem stable, leaves us with 18.
  1. McDonald
  2. McKay
  3. Corr
  4. Howe

The good news, the below are our future

1. Bergman
  2. Comben
  3. Corr
  4. Curtis
  5. Goater
  6. Larkey
  7. Logue
  8. LDU
  9. Phillips
  10. Powell
  11. Sheezel
  12. Simpkin
  13. Stephenson
  14. Xerri
  15. Zurhaar

May be the above is bad news as there isn't many of them.

Then of course; * Haven't seen them play

1. George- hope he is as good as they say.
  2. Wardlaw- very unfit, but that is actually very exciting if you think about it
  3. Drury- don't know anything about him
  4. Harvey- isn't impressing many on the track with his efforts fyi.

For the rest, you could all be delisted without causing a ripple. Now I'm not suggesting we delist 18 at seasons end, but we *en should.
This is dire and I hope we're smart enough to let McKay walk and cash in big time.
Head to the draft with 3 first rounders and shake them about , see if we get a bite.

Collingwood have moved on great players and it never seems to set them back.

oh well
Well mate I always rate your posts highly and I agree. From what I’ve seen this season from guys getting regular games….1. Goldy and cunners starting to look slow and past it. 2. Turner and Howe are not afl standard. 3. Shiels is brave and shows leadership BUT his best is well behind him.
4. We are extremely shallow for key forwards …and they take time to develop
5/ minimum of 1 of Goater, Bergman, or Perez should be in the team if fit ahead of Howe not to mention Hall and Young.

Start of the season Lions one of the flag favs and I reckon today the first time they started showing that, but the turnovers today were reminiscent of the past 3 seasons and time to sharpen the axe.

So say we win 4-5 games surely we get a proper compo pick. If we finish 16th that would mean you get picks 3,4,5 and Poorts pick. Would you swap two of them for Reid?

Even if we finish bottom four again I doubt we get another round of priority picks, the AFL is anti-north and giving us picks inside the top 10 wouldn’t suit their agenda. We got extra list spots and 2 free picks last year that netted us Tucker and Logue.

I wouldn’t be swapping 2 top 5 first rounders for H.Reid. I love him and think he will be a gun, but we need
More bites at the cherry not less. We need top end talent, as many top 25 picks as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis We need to chat ( some of our more sensitive posters, probably shouldn't enter)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back