Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

You obviously didn’t see Peter Moore play, he was playing the Ruck/follower position like nobody before him. In terms of an extra on baller he was one of the first. Btw it was 2 Brownlows so I’m sorry Grundy not close yet.
Hard to judge on brownlows given it’s turned into the ‘best midfielder’ award...

I understand the allure of a gaggle of top picks but seriously ????

In general about 2 picks in the top 10 make it big, 6 are good to fine and 2 are busts.

It's like chook lotto - we have a certified match winning ruckman that other clubs dream about acquiring.

NO AMOUNT of chook lotto picks will compensate for losing him.

Amen brother! Preach!

There's a number one draft pick every year. We haven't had a ruckman this good for decades. Madness to let him go for multiple lotto tickets.

There wasn't much to like about this game from the teams selected.
I hope we don't have to ever see Madgen again---there's never been a footballer who doesn't want the ball anywhere near him before and this bloke is exactly that.

For a whole first half we were kicking the footy to Rupert Wills like we thought he was JDG.
He's papers are stamped.

Wells was exceptional considering many on here have thought he was barely flying in the VFL but he looked all class.
Hopefully it isn't his last game and injury isnt severe.

The surface looked heavy, the stadium we know is small by nature and we ended up playing a game that suits them.
We grinded out a win so i'll take the 4 points and run.

Dane Rampe---this bloke has been campaigning far too much in the last few weeks- he's seriously lost the plot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There wasn't much to like about this game from the teams selected.
I hope we don't have to ever see Madgen again---there's never been a footballer who doesn't want the ball anywhere near him before and this bloke is exactly that.

For a whole first half we were kicking the footy to Rupert Wills like we thought he was JDG.
He's papers are stamped.

Wells was exceptional considering many on here have thought he was barely flying in the VFL but he looked all class.
Hopefully it isn't his last game and injury isnt severe.

The surface looked heavy, the stadium we know is small by nature and we ended up playing a game that suits them.
We grinded out a win so i'll take the 4 points and run.

Dane Rampe---this bloke has been campaigning far too much in the last few weeks- he's seriously lost the plot.

Magden is being asked to play key back on some handy players. When Moore comes back and he would be better suited to playing on their 3rd tall and releasing Howe to intercept.

Watching the replay back, Greenwood and Aish very solid down back. Loved that game from Levi!!

He has been good down back. Would like to have seen him in the midfield last night, small ground, lots of stoppages and slippery conditions would’ve really suited him. With Adams out I thought Levi would get more time in the midfield as the in and under role.

Are you trying to tell me that being stronger and faster is going to hinder him competing for a footy?

Jayden adding 10kg to his frame will not athletically or physically impede him in anyway.

And for sprinters as a comparison when we are talking about "losing pace" due to adding lean muscle mass its not only relevant it is utter proof that its a myth.

There is a reason every club in the league has weights programs, I'll give you and kappa a hint it's not so players can get weaker and smaller.
Can’t remember suggesting weaker and smaller would be a benefit. My argument is simply that his advantages come largely from being light on his feet, and a lot of extra weight would risk compromising that. I think the conditioning team would agree with my point, btw, and would factor it in to his programme.

Magden is being asked to play key back on some handy players. When Moore comes back and he would be better suited to playing on their 3rd tall and releasing Howe to intercept.

He played in this corresponding fixture last year and got toweled up so we play him in the same one again???
as key back you're playing on handy players every week.

If he cannot do that, there's no other spot for him.
However, there isn't a spot for him in footy period- he just ins't good at any facet of the game.

Our 3 best intercept markers were out last night. Moore, Shaz and Langdon, Howe has spent most of the past 12mths playing as a key defender.

Our defence has been playing really well considering all the outs. Not that it will happen but imagine if we had a full strength backline, teams would struggle to score 60pts against us.

He played in this corresponding fixture last year and got toweled up so we play him in the same one again???
as key back you're playing on handy players every week.

If he cannot do that, there's no other spot for him.
However, there isn't a spot for him in footy period- he just ins't good at any facet of the game.

He is the size of a flanker being asked to play key back because we are short. Cant hang him yet.

Thought Wills was good in that last quarter when he was around the ball. Great effort following up the ball on the ground just prior to the Mayne goal. Bit concerning that we're being pushed so hard by sides down the ladder, but I think we'd do a lot better on any ground other than the SCG.
Wills seems to get beaten in one on one's quite a lot, which is not a good sign for a big fella. He tries hard but don't think he will last to next week unfortunately

Are you trying to tell me that being stronger and faster is going to hinder him competing for a footy?

Jayden adding 10kg to his frame will not athletically or physically impede him in anyway.

And for sprinters as a comparison when we are talking about "losing pace" due to adding lean muscle mass its not only relevant it is utter proof that its a myth.

There is a reason every club in the league has weights programs, I'll give you and kappa a hint it's not so players can get weaker and smaller.

If Olympic sprinting involved 40 efforts instead of 1, with plenty of aerobic running in between, the athletes might be inclined to carry a little less muscle mass around. Unless you are the Eagles in the early 90s.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back