Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

That turn towards the boundary into the tackler to absorb the clock was just smart football - he is a neat, clever player who is hard as nails - he has totally won me over. Seems like a great bloke to boot.

That's the one particular play I had in mind.

He also managed to slow the game down a few times earlier on in previous quarters. Has a way of getting tackled and giving the umpire absolutely no option to pay HTB.

Moore had blonde hair and ankle straps....flashy! Grundy is a battering ram, a gladiator, a one man clearance machine. He'd take Peter Moore after a few contests. Moore was great....but this bloke's something completely different.
You'd love both because Moore kicked bags at FF.

Great win. Sydney played well, we stuck it out.
- Enjoyed Sidey's game. Tagged out for most of it, kept running and came good in the last.
- Treloar doesn't run in open space these days, but he's a Trojan in close.
- Brown brings fantastic energy.
- My affection for Grundy is approaching unhealthy proportions.
- Stephenson didn't break loose tonight, but he makes defenders work incredibly hard.
- Levi was legendary.
- Well done to Roughead. I underestimated his value at the start of the year, but he's made himself a valuable player.

Hope Wells is okay.

Can't wait for Cox to come back...We got more then enough mobility around the ground but nobody stands taller then Cox in the fwd 50

Moore had blonde hair and ankle straps....flashy! Grundy is a battering ram, a gladiator, a one man clearance machine. He'd take Peter Moore after a few contests. Moore was great....but this bloke's something completely different.
Moore was a champion who was ahead of his time, but Grundy, geeze!!!

I keep telling myself not to over do it, but every week he just dominates. I think he might just end up the best player I've seen in a Collingwood jumper, and that's all the way from Thommo to Pendles. God I hope he stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're wrong

Not on the evidence of recent games. Sub 60%DE for such an outside player isn't acceptable when even his good kicks rarely go to the advantage of team mates down field. He has saved face the last 2 games with 1 standout quarter but couldn't even muster that tonight. With the number of players back in the next week or so he's really vulnerable.

I think the Grundy hype is getting a little over the top. he is our best player, one of the best in the comp and played an excellent game tonight, a big reason why we won. however, he was getting credit when tapping it to nobody tonight and Sinclair is hardly one of the top rucks in the comp. Thought Pendles was our best player.

Probably the end of the road for Wills and Magden, showed tonight they're simply VFL players and and both are 26... Will be moved on at the end of the year.

Where did Callum Brown's pace come from?

Still bullish that Wills could lengthen his career further beyond this year (although not with us). Madgen is done for sure.

I think the Grundy hype is getting a little over the top. he is our best player, one of the best in the comp and played an excellent game tonight, a big reason why we won. however, he was getting credit when tapping it to nobody tonight and Sinclair is hardly one of the top rucks in the comp. Thought Pendles was our best player.
The art of tucking isn’t exactly jujitsu. But commentators will continue to froth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back