MRP / Trib. Webster KO's Simpkin - Update 7 week penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

Do suspensions mean leave without pay? Because he shouldnt just get to be paid for nothing when he is suspended for something as bad at that.

Do suspensions mean leave without pay? Because he shouldnt just get to be paid for nothing when he is suspended for something as bad at that.
He'll get base pay but not match payments. It really depends on how his contract is structured.

Can't believe people are arguing there is no or minimal head contact. I've seen many bumps that start at torso or shoulder and slip up, but at the start of Webster's bump with his elevation off the ground he fully clears lower body and all the force of the initial contact is head. Like i can't recall for some time a bump where the elbow or arm has gone through at the head so direct it's not made contact with neck or chest (or shoulder for the side on ones) first or simultaneously

The Webster family not the sharpest tools in the shed to say the least

Glad they’ve been named and shamed

Yeah your coach isn't that bright either:

Seems a bit homophobic too -

At quarter-time, Clarkson told Webster he would cop a hefty ban from the tribunal, with expletives among the words used by the four-time premiership coach.

Webster's teammate Dougal Howard responded to Clarkson, who then went back at Howard and other Saints in a derogatory manner.

Clarkson used the term "c---sucker", which was heard by multiple players, fitness staff and AFLW footy boss Tess McManus, who was also nearby.

One onlooker described Clarkson's spray as "explosive." This version of events was corroborated by multiple sources.

I think we can all expect and accept he is going to get 6 weeks

I just love the class of people here trying to character assassinate a person who made a mistake.
Cant wait to hear there responses when inevitably one of the players from there team does the same thing this year.

Absolute Hypocrites all you faceless gremlins
I think that’s fair re other clubs. I reckon Pickett is a fair grub sometimes and should have got 4-6 for his hit on Smith last year.

Are you David King's stylist? Because if you are you should be fired for crimes against buttons.

David King is a moron that obviously has some very good dirt on someone important as it's the only thing that can explain his continued career in the media.
you're coming in this thread to exclusively talk about David King?

nice deflecting buddy. it's his fault.

Whiplash by the looks of it.
Even if that's your take, which i disagree with. Still part of the bumping action and it will still incur a harsh but right penalty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL since when has the AFL ever cared about consistency? They'll just let the "decent" player off regardless by explaining how the player that bumped was actually the victim. Webster is ****ed for 2 reasons, he's not a star and he plays for St Kilda.
I think this will have a lot to do with it. The AFL is totally at sea with these rulings and has been for years. Every single year we hear it, you can’t go high or hit the head. Every year. What do we see? Maynard getting nothing for his hit on Brayshaw when it’s the duty of care of a player going into a contest. Is it just me or has that been the case for a while? You must have a duty of care?

There’s also the finals discount. Basically if De Goey hit that WC player in a semi or QF he’d probably only get the be week, not three. So there’s the inconsistency. This is a bloke who is a no name for St Kilda who has hit a player in the wake of the Brayshaw retirement and SPP hit.

This will be big and the AFL will use this to make an example. If it was a big name you’d not get as long.

Honestly, the way the AFL runs the place birder-lines on incest and boys club professionalism. Webster will get whacked because he is Webster.

At quarter-time, Clarkson told Webster he would cop a hefty ban from the tribunal, with expletives among the words used by the four-time premiership coach.

Webster's teammate Dougal Howard responded to Clarkson, who then went back at Howard and other Saints in a derogatory manner.

Clarkson used the term "c---sucker", which was heard by multiple players, fitness staff and AFLW footy boss Tess McManus, who was also nearby.

One onlooker described Clarkson's spray as "explosive." This version of events was corroborated by multiple sources.

Unacceptable. Clarkson should be suspended for 4-6 for this.

Jesus, if there's one bloke who has no leg stand on when it comes to sickening hits on opponents, it's Clarkson.

And "**********"? What year is this, 1870?

He's unstable, Clarkson. Needs constant supervision and always has.
Just you wait until the pressure mounts on your snake oil salesman. He blew up at op players, the media, a security guard, Marvel roof operator and the greenskeeper at Huntingdale.

Whiplash by the looks of it.
Yes ok, but you have a duty of care not to put a player in a situation where he will get badly hurt. Webster absolutely didn’t need to do that. It simply didn’t need to happen. You can’t really argue that whiplash caused it but it wasn’t a high hit. You set your opponent up for all sorts of injury by making poor choices.

Tongue GIF

Yes ok, but you have a duty of care not to put a player in a situation where he will get badly hurt. Webster absolutely didn’t need to do that. It simply didn’t need to happen. You can’t really argue that whiplash caused it but it wasn’t a high hit. You set your opponent up for all sorts of injury by making poor choices.

Im not saying Webster shouldn't get punished just saying I dont think he got him high.

4 games for the offence minus the 3 game Vic club discount = 1 game but will be reduced to a fine with an early plea. Typical VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Webster KO's Simpkin - Update 7 week penalty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back