Fixture Week 1 AFL finals

Remove this Banner Ad

If Port loses how much would they have to lose by for the Cats to go past them on percentage and host the QF?

Plus would that final definitely be at the MCG or is there a chance it will be at the Cattery?

Freo (should they make it) will have to visit 3-4 states to win the flag. Given the travel road ahead for Blues/Freo (QLD-NSW-maybe SA) the Thursday would be kind.

Whereas Bulldogs/Hawks might only have to travel for prelim

That said Brisbane v Freo would be an awkward Thursday night final fixture for those markets and time zones.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No troll, but can someone explain to me how Swans can play a team from their state at a smaller stadium (as opposed to Homebush) - but if Geelong hosts a final against a Vic team it’d have to be at the MCG?

Because if required, you can fit the entire GWS fan base into a small function room behind the Ladies Stand at the SCG?

No troll, but can someone explain to me how Swans can play a team from their state at a smaller stadium (as opposed to Homebush) - but if Geelong hosts a final against a Vic team it’d have to be at the MCG?
Because the AFL fly by the seat of their pants. No integrity at all and play us loyal fans for fools year in year out.

Because Accor Stadium is an absolute shithole and not fit to host AFL games

Multiple safety incidents lead to the AFL pulling out of hosting fixtures at Accor.

Pretty sure the last game played there was 2022 and that's the only game that's been played there since 2016.

Last edited:
The games are paired up now, 1st v. 4th and 5th v. 8th are played on Thusday Night and Friday Night, and 3rd v. 4th and 6th v. 7th are played on Saturday. Hawks have had only one night game in their past ~40 starts, imagine if they get the only daytime final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture Week 1 AFL finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back