Toast Welcome Blake "Sherrif" Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Acres likes to get involved within handball chains and coming into the stoppages. He’s going to be seriously impacted playing with ball dominance/hog Cripps. At least Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie all handball, quick off the mark when enabled Acres to get involved. Tonight just seemed to be ignored on the outside

What did he do?
With 10 seconds to go. Tied game.

First he did this...
1678987039835.png

Then this..

1678991669199.png

Which resulted in this reaction when the game ended 5 seconds later...
1678986982785.png

I have no ill will towards Acres, but when the vic media treat him as if he's the recruit of the year and then he dishes up this right at the end...well...let's just say I don't feel bad. And the fact that it happened to a Blues player is even more sweet. lol

Last edited:

I have no animosity towards Blake Acres, Matt Carr, Scott Watters, Ross Lyon , Brad Hill or even Zac Dawson lol

All of those blokes have been with the saints and Fremantle at some point in their lives and careers lol
Don't forget Craig Callaghan, Adrian Fletcher, Brett Peake and Dylan Roberton! I'm pretty sure Dale Kickett suited up for them too...

First he did this...
View attachment 1631366

Then this..

View attachment 1631375

View attachment 1631365

I have no ill will towards Acres, but when the vic media treat him as if he's the recruit of the year and then he dishes up this right at the end...well...let's just say I don't feel bad. And the fact that it happened to a Blues player is even more sweet. lol
It was funny at the time but I doubt he realistically makes the distance. He had a shot in the 2nd quarter with a mark on the 50 but from 55-60 out on a 45 and it nearly went out on the full trying to get the extra distance.

Did he hear footsteps or did he just screw up running back with the flight of the ball?
200.gif

It was funny at the time but I doubt he realistically makes the distance. He had a shot in the 2nd quarter with a mark on the 50 but from 55-60 out on a 45 and it nearly went out on the full trying to get the extra distance.

That bit was too funny. Docherty had just bombed one through and Acres was acting like he could do the same. Cue his trademark rainmaker which goes 60m up and 40m forward.

If he had taken that ball in the last 10 seconds, I am sure the same thing would have happened even if he played on straight away and got closer to the 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo supporters are smashing him on twitter too.
It's getting a bit dodgy how loud Dockers supporters are at trashing their past players playing for other teams.
You don't know the circumstances etc.
Having said that, Lobb can GAGF
Not being subtle and funny about it is poor form but Blacres has been caught in the cross fire of Carlton shafting or trying to shalf us for the past 5 years. Had he gone to another more neutral team like North or Port and the media not fawn over him, I doubt he'd get anywhere near as smashed.

It's getting a bit dodgy how loud Dockers supporters are at trashing their past players playing for other teams.

Somehow I don't think this is something exclusive to Freo supporters on twitter.

He took a few pot shots at Freo through the media after he left - we're just returning the favour.

I think Acres started the night with a dropped overhead mark in roughly the same spot but in defence in the first quarter. It was quickly cleaned up by other Carlton defenders but there was a bit collective crowd sigh when it he misjudged it. Thought he did some OK stuff helping Carlton transition. He was one player that didn't rush and held the ball until another player could come and received and a couple of his long bombs were marked by their fowards. He also gave away a clumsy free kick inside 50m which M. Rioli converted in the 2nd quarter when Richmond were having trouble scoring.

First he did this...
View attachment 1631366

Then this..

View attachment 1631375

View attachment 1631365

I didnt realise that was Acres who dropped that! As it happened I yelled out what a spud that player was, dropping a simple mark which although a fair way out (probably kick from 60m) you'd rather have that opportunity than not.

Don’t necessarily care about players leaving. But recently those that did, have left with noise, animosity, managers being pricks etc.

Neale is a perfect example. Cerra in hindsight wasn’t too bad- always home factor. But whenever players leave, the media suddenly rate them.

Langdon was always an elite runner- Vic media talk him up as a bargain.

Cerra is an elite midfielder and fantastic get for Carlton- we all knew that and what he’s capable of.

Neale was suddenly an upgrade for Brisbane and elite- he was always putting up the same numbers prior to leaving. The way he left was sneaky and Fagan always ****ing smiling about how he snared him.

Lobb is a ****ing Prima Donna. He was great on field last year. Always looked like he cared for the club. Then off field he’s back stabbing and talking smack as if he was denied a move home- when he is from WA! Combined that he’s a client of Young’s, just like Logue, he ll receive the full wrath of Fremantle.

Media then questions the club, then management and commitment of the players within. Whereas it’s so far from the truth. 4 players left to go elsewhere and it’s an exodus. Not much talk of Young, Serong, Brayshaw- all long term Victorians signing on, and in the leadership group.

Legit shat his pants. He did the same thing early rounds last year and everyone was calling for his head.

Absolutely all by himself but dropped it and then fumbled. He can go to sleep now with the lights on.
In a bunk bed. With Cerra.

The carry on about Cerra was OTT, but he's been serviceable at the Tankers, he's no Sam Walsh.
I mean without the go-home factor we wouldn't have got Jackson, and he is the biggest pick up we've probably ever had.
Up there with Modra, and we were seriously shit then!
I thought Acres gave his best, as he was a maligned player b4 Freo, he played some very important games last year imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome Blake "Sherrif" Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Back