Toast Welcome to Freo Jeremy Sharp - SSP Selection 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched it and I couldn't tell you what role he played, though it was something in the midfield. But he has been played inside mid and forward this season too.

Henry seems to playing a sort of Dusty Martin or Petrencca or Warner (Walters did it a fair bit in Lyons last few years. In fact that may be exactly what Ross has in mind) role where they often start in the centre bounce but swap in play to half forward.
Dunno what Ross is seeing though as I'm not seeing a future comp leading mid forward emerging here with a bit of empowerment and experience. Gotta want the footy first.

Henry seems to playing a sort of Dusty Martin or Petrencca or Warner (Walters did it a fair bit in Lyons last few years. In fact that may be exactly what Ross has in mind) role where they often start in the centre bounce but swap in play to half forward.
Dunno what Ross is seeing though as I'm not seeing a future comp leading mid forward emerging here with a bit of empowerment and experience. Gotta want the footy first.
That’s it.

He doesn’t want the pill bad enough to hurt or get hurt.

Sonny was similarly relatively small and slow but is way more skilled and staunch in the contest. Ross is huffing Colin’s farts if he reckons he’s going to get another SonSon from Liam.

Didn’t watch the saints game, was Henry playing on a wing, I thought he was a forward now?
He hasn’t played all that much wing at Aints. They have preferred Mason Wood and Brad Hill. He seems to be mixing time between half forward and midfield.

The only time Henry has showed anything is on the wing but RTB knows best and all is going well at Saint Kilda.

Also the small part of that game I watched Watson would wax lyrical about how good Henry was and how important it was for Saints to get the ball in his and Hill’s hands. Then there was a moment Henry happened to be in the right place where the ball landed in his lap and he flicked out a handpass to inside runner. Watson said “such a clever player Henry”. All he friggin did was flick out a handball that even I have done a million times playing Amos and Supers.

He hasn’t played all that much wing at Aints. They have preferred Mason Wood and Brad Hill. He seems to be mixing time between half forward and midfield.

The only time Henry has showed anything is on the wing but RTB knows best and all is going well at Saint Kilda.

Also the small part of that game I watched Watson would wax lyrical about how good Henry was and how important it was for Saints to get the ball in his and Hill’s hands. Then there was a moment Henry happened to be in the right place where the ball landed in his lap and he flicked out a handpass to inside runner. Watson said “such a clever player Henry”. All he friggin did was flick out a handball that even I have done a million times playing Amos and Supers.
Yeah the commentary was hyping him up so much it was strange. He had an easy handball into the corridor that he took and they went crazy about it

The way we were being pumped out of the centre, I reckon if Jezza had nailed that goal, we would have still been celebrating while the Pies waltzed it out of the middle for a goal to win the game by a point.

Well done, Jezza. Bloody glad to have you home.

Best fatside winger in the game. Holds his width so well everybody else wants to.

The way we were being pumped out of the centre, I reckon if Jezza had nailed that goal, we would have still been celebrating while the Pies waltzed it out of the middle for a goal to win the game by a point.

Well done, Jezza. Bloody glad to have you home.

Best fatside winger in the game. Holds his width so well everybody else wants to.
Wish we’d just change the ‘Fat Side Winger’ tag to its original name.

Seagull.

Instead of the ‘fat side winger role’, we can just call it the ‘seagull role’ & Jeremy Sharp is the best seagull in the league.😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only person who doesn't listen to podcasts.....any....?! Or certainly not ever a full one.

Boy I'm lazy
Youre Not Alone Democratic Party GIF by Joe Biden

Jeremy Sharp​

Sharp’s acquisition during the Supplemental Selection Period has paid dividends, with the 22-year-old’s ability to patrol up and down the wing a shining factor so far this season. Sharp has quickly become a crowd favourite amongst the Purple Army and we can’t wait to see what the second half of his season has in store.

Key stats – Competition-wide rankings

#6 for running bounces (6)
#15 for uncontested marks (72)
#16 for metres gained (5883)
#16 for effective metres gained (4249)
#17 for kicks inside 50 (49)
AFL Fantasy Average: 81.3

Jeremy Sharp​

Sharp’s acquisition during the Supplemental Selection Period has paid dividends, with the 22-year-old’s ability to patrol up and down the wing a shining factor so far this season. Sharp has quickly become a crowd favourite amongst the Purple Army and we can’t wait to see what the second half of his season has in store.

Key stats – Competition-wide rankings

#6 for running bounces (6)
#15 for uncontested marks (72)
#16 for metres gained (5883)
#16 for effective metres gained (4249)
#17 for kicks inside 50 (49)
AFL Fantasy Average: 81.3

And yet not even in the Vic media conversation as recruiting bargain of the season or AA contention on a wing.

Make them eat dust Jezza. Has so far exceeded my expectations and rapidly become one of our most important & reliable players.

So disciplined & just a freak endurance athlete. And loves a goal.
Total win!

And yet not even in the Vic media conversation as recruiting bargain of the season or AA contention on a wing.

Make them eat dust Jezza. Has so far exceeded my expectations and rapidly become one of our most important & reliable players.

So disciplined & just a freak endurance athlete. And loves a goal.
Total win!
and is invisble!

Sharp goes out of his way to celebrate his teammates individual successes & that of the team. He seems to be the first one there jumping on the goal scorer with a big beaming smile.
He would have loved to give his teammates that win over the Pies & was clearly devastated he couldn’t. He’s a good egg & deserves some recognition for making us a better team, which he’s getting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Freo Jeremy Sharp - SSP Selection 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back