Toast Welcome to Freo Jeremy Sharp - SSP Selection 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

JOM's pretty good for our mature agers ;)

we generally have a pretty good looking side!
Which is funny because I remember reading an article a while back which ranked the AFL clubs on "attractiveness" and they said the best way to describe our playing group is "ugly hot", we apparently have players who are attractive in unconventional ways.

JOM's pretty good for our mature agers ;)

we generally have a pretty good looking side!
Anna Madeley Awww GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

What a pickup man. I'll be honest I had very low expectations but far out he's been incredible.

Think back to us trying to force Henry onto a wing last year and even his best games there weren't even close to Sharp's output imo.

He has been huge and will improve with confidence. Having said that, if this is his output level we are in a great spot.

There was a play in the first where he bursts through the D50 and then composes to hit banners on a sharp lead. It was class.

We may have found a 13-15 goal a year mid. YOU BEAUTY!

He has been huge and will improve with confidence. Having said that, if this is his output level we are in a great spot.

There was a play in the first where he bursts through the D50 and then composes to hit banners on a sharp lead. It was class.

We may have found a 13-15 goal a year mid. YOU BEAUTY!
Sharp has already kicked 9 this season so far, got to aim higher than that! I'm thinking 20+ goals for the season. Also, Bailey has kicked 14 rotating through forward and the wing so he is on track for 30. We have made some big steps toward getting more goals from our wingers, now we just need to get more from our mids.

Sharp has already kicked 9 this season so far, got to aim higher than that! I'm thinking 20+ goals for the season. Also, Bailey has kicked 14 rotating through forward and the wing so he is on track for 30. We have made some big steps toward getting more goals from our wingers, now we just need to get more from our mids.
hate to be THAT Pedantic Percy, but he's kicked 8. Just the paltry 8! :p

Someone else said he'd kicked 9 before yesterday's game when it was still 7! I'm a bit OCD on these things, sadly. I know - pathetic right?!

Anyway, I agree he's been an astounding pick up for nothing. Better business than when we traded in some guy called Hogan :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone else said he'd kicked 9 before yesterday's game when it was still 7! I'm a bit OCD on these things, sadly. I know - pathetic right?!
Think it was something along the lines of if those two touched just on the line vs saints had gone through he would've had 9.

The best thing to happen to Freo this year in just about every way.

I have him with Chappy, the development of Clark and Treacy as the best things to happen this year.

That isn't a knock on him, it is a huge wrap. His confidence is growing. He is having enough influence now that soon teams will put work into him. It will be interesting to see how he deals with it and if he can just run them into the ground.

The good news is, there are only so many players the opposition can tag in any one game.

Think it was something along the lines of if those two touched just on the line vs saints had gone through he would've had 9.
7/8/9, not much in it is there..?! I think we can all agree he's been an astute and exciting pick up for us, feels like an actual winger and not just a makeshift one. Remember, Ethan Hughes not so long ago.......oh thank you god!!

Amen.

7/8/9, not much in it is there..?! I think we can all agree he's been an astute and exciting pick up for us, feels like an actual winger and not just a makeshift one. Remember, Ethan Hughes not so long ago.......oh thank you god!!

Amen.
Hughes was clearly just us trying to fill the holes with a defensive type winger, and I don't think was ever a real solution. But Henry was definitely a long term solution from the club and he just wasn't a winger in the slightest. Honestly at this point I prefer rotating guys of Banners/Johnson/JOM over Henry. Watching Sharp play this year has just shown how far off Henry was from being a good winger.

The best thing to happen to Freo this year in just about every way.
He has the potential to average 20+1 for years to come which puts him in very rarified air. Forget Henry, Sharpy could be the best winger in the comp period. And he was free. what on earth is wrong with Gold coast?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back