Welcome Welcome Corey Wagner!!!! Pick 57 in the 2022 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked the article. Still very inexperienced in number of games but has been in the system for a while

I think he's added something in our back half, looks to move immediately and has been a big part of our Improved attack.

Opp will start locking down on him a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked the article. Still very inexperienced in number of games but has been in the system for a while

I think he's added something in our back half, looks to move immediately and has been a big part of our Improved attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At their peril because that lets Clark run rampant.

Yes, and we’ve got three of their talls covered with Cox, Ryan and Drapes. It’s really a well structured backline.
Heath Chapman likely to stand Oscar Allen.
My matchups would be:
Darling : Ryan (soft as and Ryan can roll off him once it hits the deck)
Allan: Draper (tallest defender)
Waterman: Chapman (has the speed to go with him, might struggle in the wrestling match)
Williams : Cox (slow big guy so Cox can roll off and intercept at will)
This means Draper and Chapman are on their most dangerous forwards, however Cox and Ryan can roll off their opponents to provide coverage for the younger defenders.

Liked the bit about not going over the hill. It's so obvious now I've read it that that's why he's been playing well — although I'm pretty sure he went over at least once in one of the last few games (Hawthorn?).

It's also a nice little insight into coaching/strategy. So much so that he may have given away a bit too much info!

We are such a better side with him in it, seems ever since that mad last quarter against the Pies. Loved the heart he showed when he found himself hobbling to get off the ground, then had the ball nearby and took off to chip in, seemed to come good after that and told the Doc’s to bugger off!

He just gives all he’s got. Love it.

Wagner: red hood (aggressive at all costs, fighter)
Clark: nightwing (clinical, will cut you)
Walker: robin (defensive, by the book. But will still hurt you)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a tough competitor for sure. Going back to last week with that knee to the chest, I thought he was going to be taken to the hospital when it happened. And then the ankle/leg injury last night and he ran it out.

He’s a great little player. I love him in the side. Been a fan from the early days of his arrival at the club.

He's won me over a little with his rebound run, just please don't let him ever take another shot on goal
Now I understand why Boyd told him to not “ come over the hill “.
I reckon I would have kicked the ball in the more general direction of the goal than he did in the last qtr.

Am I crazy in thinking that this guy has great football IQ and doesn't get enough plaudits? Forget him cementing himself in the B22 now, I think I would pick him fair earlier in that when naming the side.

I love his attack and courage.

Can't say I knew a thing about him prior to joining Freo, but from a top level view, seeing that he's at his 3rd club now and had multiple stints between being drafted and having to work through the VFL - surely his persistence to improve and make it deserves some credit too.

With someone like Aish being phased out now (who I always preferred down back and then coming up) - it's nice to see Wagner able to come in and provide that for us.

Seems like the boys really love him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome Corey Wagner!!!! Pick 57 in the 2022 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back