Welcome G.Polak

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond just did very well. Polly will be a star. He is one of the best contested pack marks in the AFL. Struggles with goal kicking badly though.

The Dice Man said:
What Im really pissed off about is that we've helped Collingwood to 2 top 10 draft picks:eek: while we have none.

I just dont feel good about this, but hope Im wrong :(
Dice Man, it's all about what you have, not what the other kid has. The other kid in the playground might have an ice cream on a 35 degree day, but it melts in a few minutes. You might have a can of Coke and a lollipop that lasts until dinnertime.

Good deal for the Tiges. We boltser the backline with a guy who is still only 22. The drop in the first round to 13 shouldn't make much difference and the late stuff with the swapping of picks seems pointless. Losing Tuck would have been a terrible deal. All in all, it's about as good as we could have hoped. The back six will be a straight swap of Kellaway for Polak. If we can keep Gaspar fit for fifteen games or so against the bigger bodies, maybe Shulz can become the other key backman we need. Thursfield back and Ray Hall is still there. That should free up the Bodwens a little more. It makes sense on paper. Now Polak and Shulz have to put the work in. Simple as that. :thumbsu:

I hope that Polak holds down CHB, but I don't know, he lacks a fair bit of discipline, maybe rotate him and schulz.

The best thing is that joel bowden is now freed up :thumbsu: If JON bulks up, at 190 cm and around 85-90 kg he could be a perfect replacement for chubba with speed and silky ball handling skills. Imagine the run of half back with raines, polo, JON and Joel Bowden. Patty Bowden to go up forward with Polak, pettifer, richo and brown :)

tugga said:
Dice Man, it's all about what you have, not what the other kid has. The other kid in the playground might have an ice cream on a 35 degree day, but it melts in a few minutes. You might have a can of Coke and a lollipop that lasts until dinnertime.

yeah, but yo have to worry that the coke doesnt go flat, and the you are not left sucking on the stick by dinnertime too. ;)

CoggaRules said:
yeah, but yo have to worry that the coke doesnt go flat, and the you are not left sucking on the stick by dinnertime too. ;)
But you don't open the can until you are ready to drink it.;)

tugga said:

Yeah I understand why and everything, just would've liked pick 8.

Hopefully Polack can get off the cones and become the next Jakovich.

Sheesh, imagine that! :D

Matt9 said:
Good deal for the Tiges. We boltser the backline with a guy who is still only 22. The drop in the first round to 13 shouldn't make much difference and the late stuff with the swapping of picks seems pointless. Losing Tuck would have been a terrible deal. All in all, it's about as good as we could have hoped. The back six will be a straight swap of Kellaway for Polak. If we can keep Gaspar fit for fifteen games or so against the bigger bodies, maybe Shulz can become the other key backman we need. Thursfield back and Ray Hall is still there. That should free up the Bodwens a little more. It makes sense on paper. Now Polak and Shulz have to put the work in. Simple as that. :thumbsu:

So you want Polak, Schulz, Thursfield and Gas in defence? Schulz will now stay forward, needs a HUUUUGE pre-season (along with Polak). Jay should be aiming for 50 goals in 06 :) :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dice Man said:
Yeah I understand why and everything, just would've liked pick 8.

Hopefully Polack can get off the cones and become the next Jakovich.

Sheesh, imagine that! :D

If its a "super draft" then the difference between #8 and #13 couldn't be that much and plus Freo have no picks early on :D

G Polak has cost us trade 8 to 15, and trade 42 to 60.

A net slippage of 5 on our first draft pick and effectively the swap of our 3rd draft pick for another 4th round pick.

The success of this deal will depend on the RFC's coaching staffs ability to motivate, discipline and mentor this player.

This deal is going to be a real test on if we have developed a culture?

ata40 said:

A net slippage of 5 on our first draft pick and effectively the swap of our 3rd draft pick for another 4th round pick.

The success of this deal will depend on the RFC's coaching staffs ability to motivate, discipline and mentor this player.

Not too sure about that to be honest. If he is a bad egg, then he's a bad egg. Simple as that. Angwin was a bad egg. If Polak lacks the discipline and motivation to succeed at AFL level then it's his own doing. You can only help someone so much. In the end, it all boils down to how much the individual helps himself.
Apparantely tarrant has hired a personal trainer at his own expense (obviously) and is in full training while the rest are sucking cans. Remains to be seen whether he makes it work, but at least he is givign himself every chance. Nobody told him to do it.

ata40 said:

the young fella has made the right choice he's put footy before everything else in his life to cross the country and start again, hopefully he can put the past behind him and convince the footy world that he's got what it takes

ata40 said:

We can only really assess the deal after draft day. i'm disappointed we didn't trade anyone out for an improved draft position and that we caved on R3 pick. Draft very very well this november tiges.....

i'll be watching the pie selection at 8 very very closely.

tugga said:
Not too sure about that to be honest. If he is a bad egg, then he's a bad egg. Simple as that. Angwin was a bad egg. If Polak lacks the discipline and motivation to succeed at AFL level then it's his own doing. You can only help someone so much. In the end, it all boils down to how much the individual helps himself..

We know he is a bad egg, we know the discipline and motivation is not quite their, we also know he has the talent to be a Pavlich.

What we have done is backed ourselves that we have the coaches, players and overall enviroment to turn him around.

Tambo said:
He better do something. He's on for 3 years :eek:
Massive risk, isnt it?

Not sure I like this trade so much.

Polak had better impress.

Listening to radio talkback the past few days, many Tiger supporters have threatened to not renew their membership if Polack and his "baggage" was traded. They said they have had enough "bad culture" which was almost cleaned out. Not happy members!!!!! Will interesting to see whether this will affect your membership figures..Only time will tell I guess. Let's hope he left his "baggage" behind...He knows he is on notice..as do many foot ball followers.. I am glad we did not want him... very happy indeed....:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome G.Polak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back