Welcome Welcome Josh Draper!! - 2022 Cat B Rookie List

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow!!
Josh had better sentence construction, better vocab and better elocution at 19 yrs of age than an experienced veteran Media commentator. Impressive. This kid has it all. Take note on how to speak Dwayno.
His interview on AFL 360 tonight was also very good.

He got a good run because Kath Loughnan is hosting.

He said the coaches were always telling him to back himself in and attack the ball.

A very confident young man.

Last edited:
Watching those highlights the thing that stands out for me is his speed off the first few steps and his balance on ground and in the air - both ridiculous for a guy his size.
Clean hands are starting to also become a big part of his game.
Excellent traits

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved it when he called Kath Kylie 🤣

If we somehow win the flag this year I think he should get a statue next to JT. We've been very lucky to witness two emerging bona fide KPPs step up this season. That's a massive gain for the whole club, and in a game where small advantages matter its a huge deal IMO.

Good news. I hope Snuffy and Taylor agree and I don’t have to re evaluate my early call.
I was astonished to read on the Team Changes thread that someone had nominated Draper as an out for next week.

Good news. I hope Snuffy and Taylor agree and I don’t have to re evaluate my early call.
I was astonished to read on the Team Changes thread that someone had nominated Draper as an out for next week.
Just goes to show the knowledge of some here about football and footballers.
He is going to be an absolute gun .

Well done him. If nothing else his upgrade suggests we have a good idea where our list is heading next season

He’s not upgraded next season. The article specifically states 2026.

That’s AFL rules not extra confidential in Draper. The extra confidence is extending him now when we don’t technically need to.

He’s not upgraded next season. The article specifically states 2026.

That’s AFL rules not extra confidential in Draper. The extra confidence is extending him now when we don’t technically need to.
Too subtle for me to pick up. That makes much more sense . Thanks for the info.

Too subtle for me to pick up. That makes much more sense . Thanks for the info.

I’ve just read the afl.com article on it for the other stuff - doesn’t say anything about him getting upgraded in 2026, only that it’s happening.

The article on the club website says upgraded in 2026.

You may have read the wrong article. I’m choosing to believe the club over what is probably oversight from the afl website - tbf to Schmook he’s usually pretty good.

Robert Walls: “With his athleticism, willingness to learn and hard work, we see him as a long-term defender with the ability to adapt to different roles in the future.”

Hopefully means we'll do the thing of having him be the 3rd tall and move Ryan down to potentially free him up a bit. Houston thriving at Port with 3 key backs covering him defensively, and frankly our 3 are better. Would make us incredibly robust defensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome Josh Draper!! - 2022 Cat B Rookie List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back