Welcome Welcome To Freo Josh Corbett!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The serious question has to be asked - has he been better than Bailey Banfield?
I guess we will see if Corbett is maintained in the team for the remainder. With Banfield just coming back from injury, I don't see him playing in the next two weeks.So Corbett has the front running.
I thought that Corbett looked a fair bit bigger than Banfield but was surprised to see they are both the same size.

Had a good game against Geelong. Was a non factor against Brisbane and again showcased his poor set shot.

Do feel like he would be more of a team player than Tabs and not get in the way of anyones lead.

The serious question has to be asked - has he been better than Bailey Banfield?
IMO no
I reckon Banfield produces about the same but offers a lot more around the ground therefore is more valuable
To be clear though , I want both of them at Peel and a hybrid version of both to replace them in the 22 😁

Might as well play him until the end of the year although I’d rather them reshuffle things and get Stanley in.
He’s what, 26-27 now. I doubt he’ll carve out a career but who knows. He might surprise us all

Fremantle Dockers Training Notes: Josh Corbett, Brennan Cox make strides as plenty of players hit the track​

It's really worth listening to Josh Corbett's chat on Better Down Back. Having a hip replacement is huge, and I will be amazed if he can get back to playing AFL football - apparently it will be a first. Best of luck to him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really worth listening to Josh Corbett's chat on Better Down Back. Having a hip replacement is huge, and I will be amazed if he can get back to playing AFL football - apparently it will be a first. Best of luck to him!
I’ve had 2 hip replacements I’m 26 my first one was at 18 and 2nd one at 20 and that was from an injury playing footy, I was told I would never play again and I’m not allowed to play contact sports anymore, so he’s very lucky if he can play again

I’ve had 2 hip replacements I’m 26 my first one was at 18 and 2nd one at 20 and that was from an injury playing footy, I was told I would never play again and I’m not allowed to play contact sports anymore, so he’s very lucky if he can play again
sorry you went through that - he's probably had access to some amazing doctors and physios, and sounds like it will be some sort of a 'miracle' if he does play again

sorry you went through that - he's probably had access to some amazing doctors and physios, and sounds like it will be some sort of a 'miracle' if he does play again
I had the best Orthopedic doctor at Fremantle hospital and an Ex peel thunder physio who worked with Daniel wells back in his WAFL days, but my bones were too ruined to have any chance of playing again so I was happy to be able to walk and live a normal life, minus not being able to play footy again

I haven't read/listened to it - but I'd be surprised if he's had a full hip replacement. I imagine it's more a partial one or a resurfacing similar to Andy Murray.

Edit: Quick google says full replacement. Wow! I'd be stunned if he plays again.

I haven't read/listened to it - but I'd be surprised if he's had a full hip replacement. I imagine it's more a partial one or a resurfacing similar to Andy Murray.

Edit: Quick google says full replacement. Wow! I'd be stunned if he plays again.
Haha he literally addresses this in the pod, that people don't believe him and assume he's had a different simpler procedure.

I had the best Orthopedic doctor at Fremantle hospital and an Ex peel thunder physio who worked with Daniel wells back in his WAFL days, but my bones were too ruined to have any chance of playing again so I was happy to be able to walk and live a normal life, minus not being able to play footy again
When I destroyed my elbow (in an accident) I was taken by ambulance to Fremantle hospital. The surgeon admitted he couldn't repair my elbow and sent me to Murdoch to be treated as a private patient at SJOGH...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back