Welcome Welcome Josh Draper!! - 2022 Cat B Rookie List

Remove this Banner Ad

So is Draper still a cat B Rookie next year and beyond or does he get elevated to main list sooner rather than later. Snuffy? Taylor?

Literally says in the article on the Freo website he’s getting elevated for the 2026 season.

The old rules still apply for rookies that play more than ten games is my understanding. Can stay as a Category B rookie until his three years are up, which is end of 2025 - i.e. exactly what the article on the Freo website says.

This guy is too Niiiice!
Was one of the best down back today.
Clean & composed. Finally showed a little mungrel
Be a shame if he’s playing at Peel
Were you watching the same game as me, he was very soft in on on one contests and allowed at least 3 easy shots on goal by his opponent and some of his decision making with handball at critical times was poor.

Were you watching the same game as me, he was very soft in on on one contests and allowed at least 3 easy shots on goal by his opponent and some of his decision making with handball at critical times was poor.

Started off poorly. Excellent third quarter

I thought he was superb.
The biggest positive of 2024 for me.
He’s a player that can hold his head high after today. Needs to play every game next year ideally.
Needs to do a lot of upper body weights though, at one staqe outmarked by someone that had played 6 games.

I thought he showed why he's rated highly and why it's hard to compete with a young team. Kind of our team / season in a nutshell. Crumbled under the pressure and made some bad mistakes but also showed a lot of ability / class

He went to the wing in the last quarter apparently. I liked that.
The wing was the 'send the kpd to the front edge of the square late in the game to play fwd' move, rather than actually play wing, but agree was interesting that he was the one they decided to roll.

The wing was the 'send the kpd to the front edge of the square late in the game to play fwd' move, rather than actually play wing, but agree was interesting that he was the one they decided to roll.
ah right. He seems to be more than a lockdown defender to me so that's great. In reality, Pearce and O Mac would probably get the big forward before him, so I would like to see him used in other areas of the ground.

Thats weird, thats Cox's role

Moose only did it because Cox was out

I guess Drapes was actually a forward as a junior but doubt he has trained that role much at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats weird, thats Cox's role

Moose only did it because Cox was out

I guess Drapes was actually a forward as a junior but doubt he has trained that role much at all
I was wondering why Cox was still playing defence when we got down two goals that late. Didn't realise Draper had been the one to swing.

Obviously still has a lot to do when it comes to strength and positioning, but these highlights are very nice. He's starting to trust himself a lot more when he gets the ball and it's really exciting to watch.

Chappy , Drapes and Walker held their heads very high on Sunday

Walker leant some valuable lessons playing on that slippery Rioli (funnily enough exactly the type of player we were lacking up the other end )

Great future back there 👍

Chappy , Drapes and Walker held their heads very high on Sunday

Walker leant some valuable lessons playing on that slippery Rioli (funnily enough exactly the type of player we were lacking up the other end )

Great future back there 👍
Except Walker let his man kick 3 goals in a relatively low scoring game.

Except Walker let his man kick 3 goals in a relatively low scoring game.
There was one entry there where the ball landed in Rioli ‘s lap who was standing alone inside a circle of about 6 of our defenders.

That’s team failure , not an individual

Another was that first very soft holding free kick , again a valuable lesson

Must have had drapes” over me eyes!
20 games in. I think he’s gonna be a star.
Yep an absolute gun. His improvement over the last 12 months is staggering for a young key defender. Next season I think we move Chapman to the wing and play Draper on the oppositions 2nd tall so Cox and Ryan can focus on intercepting. Honestly not sure what football people are watching if they think he was poor against Port. He wasn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome Josh Draper!! - 2022 Cat B Rookie List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back