Toast Welcome Liam O’Connell

Remove this Banner Ad

He lived in Australia between the ages of four and 11 so he has knowledge of the game

The Saints, in an exciting development for the club ahead of this year's finals series, are understood to have acquired the services of Irishman Liam O'Connell from the Ballincollig Gaelic Football Club U20s in Cork, Ireland.

Go n-eirí an t-ádh leat is one way of wishing 'good luck' which literally means, 'That luck may rise with you! ' Another well-known phrase that wishes good fortune is go n-éirí an bóthar leat.

All the best and welcome to the Saints Liam!

Found a little footage of him at the 18 second mark of this clip. He's the tall blonde forward wearing the red white and black #12. No joke.

I just looked up Ballincollig and realised that I nearly set foot in the town a few years back, I was literally the other side of the river.

Liam is also in this match wearing #11:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ádh Mór Liam, tá súil go n-oibríonn sé amach go maith.
Níos tá bhachtai fós tá súil agam go n-èireoidh go maith linn.
Beidh sé ardtús

Cad a bheidh, a bheidh.

In fairness like most people in Ireland, that only know a few phrases of their language here and there, he won't know what any of the above means.
Oh, well 🤣

You don't need permission Paddy 🤣 (my 8 year old is laughing his head off)

When I googled it, they suggested that that's the only thing most people remember from Irish lessons at school.

When I googled it, they suggested that that's the only thing most people remember from Irish lessons at school.
Well, my kid says that his classmates go to the toilet a whole lot more when the Irish lessons happen 😆
Years ago I went to the Aran Islands, where the Irish language is very much alive and well... I thought I had a phrase or two to get me by...however it turned out that I'd been calling everyone a horse for the night 🤦🏼‍♂️
It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue easily, hey!?

Well, my kid says that his classmates go to the toilet a whole lot more when the Irish lessons happen 😆
Years ago I went to the Aran Islands, where the Irish language is very much alive and well... I thought I had a phrase or two to get me by...however it turned out that I'd been calling everyone a horse for the night 🤦🏼‍♂️
It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue easily, hey!?

Yeah, I used to learn Italian and all the families of friends spoke weird regional dialects or something because I couldn't understand anything they said and they thought I spoke Italian like a dickhead. Same. Pretty sure I propositioned an old lady by accident once.

Yeah, I used to learn Italian and all the families of friends spoke weird regional dialects or something because I couldn't understand anything they said and they thought I spoke Italian like a dickhead. Same. Pretty sure I propositioned an old lady by accident once.
That was no accident

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome Liam O’Connell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back