Welcome Welcome Luke Jackson!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I’ve figured out what makes this guy special. Yes, he’s 199cm and fairly athletic, but there are actually lots of players like that now and his athleticism is actually fairly average compared to players like Blicavs or the King brothers. What he has is just natural football talent and the rarest of all traits: enormous amounts of empathy. He just likes people and people like him, which means he’s constantly thinking about what everyone else is doing and thinking. The result is that he leads to the right spots, his kicks are often weighted perfectly, he anticipates where his opponent is going to move and can shut them down in an instant. He’s not a cerebral player, he’s not all in his head, he’s all in your head. A good team needs a few of these extroverts.

I think I’ve figured out what makes this guy special. Yes, he’s 199cm and fairly athletic, but there are actually lots of players like that now and his athleticism is actually fairly average compared to players like Blicavs or the King brothers. What he has is just natural football talent and the rarest of all traits: enormous amounts of empathy. He just likes people and people like him, which means he’s constantly thinking about what everyone else is doing and thinking. The result is that he leads to the right spots, his kicks are often weighted perfectly, he anticipates where his opponent is going to move and can shut them down in an instant. He’s not a cerebral player, he’s not all in his head, he’s all in your head. A good team needs a few of these extroverts.
Yep, he has athletic traits but he’s a natural footballer who plays with high energy and as part of a team. When he took that mark in the second, and then just kept galloping towards goal like it was under 12s … a sight to behold!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing better than he did at Melbourne.

Still think we should’ve got him cheaper given the contract circumstances, but feelng pretty sanguine about the trade now.
He’ll be massively better again when 25. Enjoy the ride.

Seeing him emerge in front of our eyes this last 3 weeks has been so exciting/satisfying.

I think you are onto something, watching him ride shot gun to the midfielders and land a pass directly to a forward's lead or pick up below his knees and know exactly where the handball needs to go has been a revelation the last three weeks.

He has had multiple times where he has nailed a tackle or cut off a kick with his height because of the pressure he is applying.

I also want to retract all my doubts, the guy is an absolute beast.

It's a shame we coughed up this year's first
Well we were always gonna have to give up that future 1st.

It's throwing the future 2nd rounder in for basically no reason other then getting the trade done a few days early before the trade deadline, that's the problem.

Last edited:
Give them a few more years and Bang!
I love how well Luke is doing for such a young player switching between forward, ruck and mid in recent games. I think long term what Luke offers as a midfielder could be even more important that what he offers as a ruck or a forward potentially. Rotating Erasmus, Luke and Brayshaw through the midfield will certainly give us elite defensive pressure for the coming years.

I love how well Luke is doing for such a young player switching between forward, ruck and mid in recent games. I think long term what Luke offers as a midfielder could be even more important that what he offers as a ruck or a forward potentially. Rotating Erasmus, Luke and Brayshaw through the midfield will certainly give us elite defensive pressure for the coming years.

All we need now is to get more games into Erasmus and Johnson

He’ll be massively better again when 25. Enjoy the ride.

Seeing him emerge in front of our eyes this last 3 weeks has been so exciting/satisfying.
At the end of the day, you wanna know that the club is bringing in flag calibre players. On that assessment, the trade's a tick, despite the price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome Luke Jackson!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back