News Welcome to Carlton Rob Inness - Head of High Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

I know nothing about the bloke and very little about the fitness industry, all I know is that our injury list and overall fitness have been a concern for quite some time, so I have full faith the board would have ensured we got the best possible staff available to address this.

Does he get a crack at repairing Jack Martin..?

The beauty of the East Brunswick lifestyle versus the Bondi lifestyle is that we can offer him the same contract or slightly less than what he is on in Sydney, but at the end of the year he'll have saved more. There are also some great restaurants, much better coffee, a lovely lawn bowls club and great dog walking areas in Brunswick East.
On top of that, he is a Melbourne boy and was coming to a Melbourne club next year anyway, even if it wasn't us.
I live in East Brunswick
Which part is Rob moving to so I can stalk him and get some goss :)
PS. Quite a few players live in Brunswick...have seen them at Barkly Square
Pretty sure Crippa lives in Brunswick. I've been told the street but won't divulge it

Definitely not the case.
I can't even begin to say how happy I am with this signing.
This guy is an absolute gun, and he has not broken the bank by any stretch of the imagination.

This really is a sign of what I like to call the Cook effect.
There were several voices inside going very hard for Burgess. A godfather style (Russell sized) offer was being prepared and spoken about. We learnt relatively late on in the piece that Inness was keen to get back to Victoria. He was pretty much signed, sealed and delivered to return back to Richmond. Seriously, they had already started putting his name on the office door.
But once we caught wind of his desire to return we put our cap in the mix, and managed to get him to choose us.

Although he has quite the resume, he is still an up and coming guy in the industry. Far cheaper than some of the other names we've had and were looking at. But also younger and with a very different and modern view on training methods. He is still on the upward trajectory, and its so refreshing to get the guy that is touted as the next guru for a change rather than getting the guy that has been to the top and is perhaps.. old school.. (to put it politely)

From what I've been told from people outside of Carlton, he isn't driven by money, he is still at the age that his main goal is developing and betting the industry he's in.
So he's driven by learning, developing, redefining and bettering sports high performance.
And he's also very big on the idea that High Performance departments require a strong team. No single Messiah can achieve what a strong team can.

Once again, this really is a massive coup for us, and is probably the most New Carlton signing I've seen.

Really really stoked about it.

All the best Rob!!
😍 This is one of the best posts in 24

The swans are jacked. Looking forward to seeing this unfold! Can this man unlock the curse.....

Unrelated,
Hearing all the noise around ikon being to hard a deck, have we had it reviewed? Might be a silly question... i see similarities with the deck at london colney (arsenal) which ive been on and its quite hard compared the emirates. Soft tissues.....

The swans are jacked. Looking forward to seeing this unfold! Can this man unlock the curse.....

Unrelated,
Hearing all the noise around ikon being to hard a deck, have we had it reviewed? Might be a silly question... i see similarities with the deck at london colney (arsenal) which ive been on and its quite hard compared the emirates. Soft tissues.....
People have been talking about this forever. It was reviewed a couple years ago and found to be fine.

Article from 2022, quote from Luke Sayers: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/12...epartment-following-disastrous-injury-season/

Carlton president Luke Sayers said the club is not concerned about the playing surface at IKON Park, but is looking into the medical department.

“That's well and truly outside my (expertise). I'm sure the relevant people have looked at that. We are very blessed to have a great surface here, great facilities all around,” Sayers told the Carlton website. “I'm led to believe there are a number of other things that've caused the injury challenges over the past 12 months, we've had a look at the high performance area, the medical area (and) we've made some changes in the off-season. None related to turf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought was, at the end of this year - recall Cook mentioning it in an interview at some point?
I've had a looksie and couldn't see anything about it being refurbished.

I'd suggest the ground would undergo some maintenance every off-season, scalping, redoing the top dressing etc. to regenerate the field. As far as wholesale changes i.e. resoiling/returfing etc. I'd imagine that would still be a ways off. It was renovated less than 10 yrs ago which added underground drainage and an improved irrigation system iirc, so I doubt it would be renovated again so soon unless there were found to be significant issues - of which the only communication I've seen is that it is not the issue.

There's a difference to redoing the surface and routine maintenance. They may look similar as scalping is essentially what it sounds like, scalping the top layer of grass just leaving the roots/stems. It will look like it's being completely redone to the naked eye but that's a rather routine lawn maintenance routine and regenerates the grass. It looks archaic but the grass/soil love it.

People have been talking about this forever. It was reviewed a couple years ago and found to be fine.

Article from 2022, quote from Luke Sayers: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/12...epartment-following-disastrous-injury-season/

Reading that article makes me so damn mad

“Carlton is looking closely at its high performance department in a bid to correct the massive injury toll that has plagued them for the last few years.”

Took another 2 years to move on the head honcho 🤬🤬🤬

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reading that article makes me so damn mad

“Carlton is looking closely at its high performance department in a bid to correct the massive injury toll that has plagued them for the last few years.”

Took another 2 years to move on the head honcho 🤬🤬🤬

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If I remember correctly, at that time most injuries were impact related and not like the soft tissues we've had this yr.

I think this yr has been the worst overall given the types of injuries suffered and the recurrences.

We would’ve had to pay well above to ‘Poach’ him from the Swans I reckon…
Don’t know about that .. I am not sure how much is a lot in that field but when I heard the figure he was on at the swans they don’t make that much …. 10-20% on top of that figure anyone would leave and he is from melb

I could post this in a number of threads, and it would be relevant

You have 2 vehicles, similar age, type, etc, which you obtained new, 1 durable, 1 a lemon

After a number of years, you are fed up with your mechanic not being able to keep that lemon vehicle on the road, pouring money down the drain

You have had enough, so you change mechanics

A few more years pass and you still can't keep that lemon vehicle on the road, so, once again you blame the mechanic and find a new one and so on and so on

That motto of, let's try this guy, he can't do any worse, is a flawed strategy

Let's give this guy the best possible chance of success, move on the lemons, let's prevent rather than trying to fix

I could post this in a number of threads, and it would be relevant

You have 2 vehicles, similar age, type, etc, which you obtained new, 1 durable, 1 a lemon

After a number of years, you are fed up with your mechanic not being able to keep that lemon vehicle on the road, pouring money down the drain

You have had enough, so you change mechanics

A few more years pass and you still can't keep that lemon vehicle on the road, so, once again you blame the mechanic and find a new one and so on and so on

That motto of, let's try this guy, he can't do any worse, is a flawed strategy

Let's give this guy the best possible chance of success, move on the lemons, let's prevent rather than trying to fix
What if the driver/owner flogged the hell out of the vehicle week in week out and smashed the lemons. Hint, they don’t become lemonade no matter how much sugar you put on top.

What if the driver/owner flogged the hell out of the vehicle week in week out and smashed the lemons. Hint, they don’t become lemonade no matter how much sugar you put on top.

I'm not so sure , one of those "models" had trouble staying on the road before purchase, and was even traded to a new owner

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome to Carlton Rob Inness - Head of High Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back