Bumped Welcome to Collingwood, Darcy Moore (new posts start at #761)

Remove this Banner Ad

When Collingwood lost the 1981 Grand Final to Carlton, the players where presented with runners-up medallions on the dais. Moore threw his away in the background after receiving it.

Moore was my favourite player from those tragic days. Cannot wait to see his kid debut for the Mighty Pies.

I'm still standing by my Wanye Carey call on page 24..

Are you familiar with The Boy Who Cried Wolf? Those little dots after your Carey post on page 24 could be interpreted as sarcasm. Based on your posting history it is certainly the meaning that I constructed. Happy to give you the benefit of the doubt though. If Moore reaches the level of Carey we will all be ecstatic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy is not arrogant, he is a confident highly intelligent and articulate kid. I suspect those calling him arrogant may hAve a touch of the tall poppies. Some very down to earth people who know him well can't speak more highly of him. I trust their judgement very much. Angus Bradshaw on the other hand......

Dawes isn't a shit bloke, (hope that's not the inference?)
I wasn't saying anyone was a shit bloke. More just questioning the relevance of ones high school results in relation to their character.

As long as Moore plays good football he can be as shit a bloke as he wants

I wasn't saying anyone was a shit bloke. More just questioning the relevance of ones high school results in relation to their character.

I find it quite amusing really. At the end of the day the only thing your High School results do is hopefully get you into the course you want to do. I wouldn't even say they prove any level of intellect.

I find it quite amusing really. At the end of the day the only thing your High School results do is hopefully get you into the course you want to do. I wouldn't even say they prove any level of intellect.
They don't. Anyone can work hard and get good results.

GAT results are generally a better indication on intellect, as it's something you can't study for. I actually found it similar to an IQ test. (Not sure if GAT's are a part of year 12 exams anymore. Did mine over a decade ago now...)

GAT results are generally a better indication on intellect, as it's something you can't study for. I actually found it similar to an IQ test. (Not sure if GAT's are a part of year 12 exams anymore. Did mine over a decade ago now...)
They are, they are also a waste of time

Haha this is probably true, but work ethic is probably a more valuable trait in the real world anyway.

GATs are pointless.

I knew a guy, year above me in High School, absolute genius; unfortunately he also had asperger's and was treated rather poorly by his parents so was sent to boarding school even though they lived in the same city. Anyway, he took science classes 3 or perhaps 4 years past his year bracket, so as soon as he hit VCE level (and subsequently University) he had to take the GAT every year until he finished High School. After 2 he literally handed in his paper blank every time as he'd done it so often.

The best thing to happen to Australian education is the nationalisation (although I'm not sure if it's fully implemented yet) of the education system. Because of the way students are ranked by percentile, not average grade, and the different structures of courses, it was ridiculously harder in Victoria/NSW/ACT (and possibly SA/TAS) than the other states.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Welcome to Collingwood, Darcy Moore (new posts start at #761)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back