Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually had a phrase pop into my head the other day and wasn't sure whether I had heard it before or how it came into my head, but I like it

"Talent alone may get you on to an AFL list but adding commitment and dedication may then get you a fulfilled AFL career."

I am sure that phrase has been used many times in a roundabout way in reference to many sports people.

Or just being over 200cm.

I find the “shenanigans” narrative incongruent with a 6-month contract and a short term injury.

Especially as the penalties for draft tampering would be... severe. All to get a VFL footballer on your list for 6 months... and then after those 6 months if u dont keep him he'll just tell the world the club told him to play worse to manipulate the draft.

Especially as the penalties for draft tampering would be... severe. All to get a VFL footballer on your list for 6 months... and then after those 6 months if u dont keep him he'll just tell the world the club told him to play worse to manipulate the draft.

Tell the world in the book I’m writing… “The Shenanigans Narrative”. John Grisham eat your heart out.

What did we learn out of this draft, " never listen to manic "
Wait, am I supposed to listen to this?
Tell the world in the book I’m writing… “The Shenanigans Narrative”. John Grisham eat your heart out.
"Maybe the real shenanigans...were the hamstrings we became aware of along the way"

It was nice of us to send a welcome party to Ned's house last night

Ambo GIF by St John Ambulance

Wanted him in the team from the moment I laid eyes on him. First training run in November nobody knew anything about him. WHE said they'd been told he was training that morning and that he'd come from Box Hill Hawks.
Unreliable kick, but hey, who cares?
Just need him to play to his strengths. If he is a poor kick I don't want him kicking sideways or trying the impossible kick that Adams would try

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you guys have a good player here.
I was annoyed that we couldn't fit him in and make him work in our system as I think he's got a lot of solid attributes.
I haven't tracked him much in the VFL this season, but I hope he goes well and can break into the seniors!

Cheers mate. Any insight into why he was cut by the Hawks ?

I reckon you guys have a good player here.
I was annoyed that we couldn't fit him in and make him work in our system as I think he's got a lot of solid attributes.
I haven't tracked him much in the VFL this season, but I hope he goes well and can break into the seniors!
He will, you don’t take a guy on a 6 month contract and not play him. He’s already playing VFL for us so drafting him would just give a pay rise for no gain to us. I reckon he needs to show what he can do to get a contract for the future if he doesn’t show enough in the next 3 or 4 months he won’t be a list clogger. I think that we have made our intentions and belief very clear. Of course that is just MHO. Cheers.

Yep, The Bear did himself no favours on that front and I understand (with sadness) why he was cut. But what I don’t understand is why we persevere for so long with low-skill but earnest, hard-workers, who will never be capable of moving the needle on team performance. For some reason it seems to take us 5 or 6 seasons to work out that they’re just not good enough. We need to get much faster at trialing unproven players and making the keep/cut decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We have a premiership

Cheers mate. Any insight into why he was cut by the Hawks ?
Big-bodied, tough inside mid.
Really quite intelligent with ball in hand and a colossal tank.
His knock at Hawthorn was there were players ahead of him in his one-wood, and his alternative position was effectively KPF which was never his strength.

He'll run for days, he'll provide a lot of pressure around the contest and he'll play within his means. Don't expect line-breaking pace, but if he can follow around your inside mid group and build with time I think he has the ability to become a best-22 player and a point of difference to your speed/outside class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Ned Long

Remove this Banner Ad

Back