"Welcome To Country" Speeches .......... Gone Too Far Now ??

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not his land anymore than it’s your land or my land. There are no ‘special’ citizens that are mystically more important than others. Everyone is equal before the law, as it should be.
Were Aboriginal Australians equal before the law in 1788 when the Brits marched in and imposed it? That's where that argument falls apart they were forcibly disposed and given no rights in the first place, Australia wasn't built equally.

It won't have gone too far until Gina et al give half their money to aboriginal charities seeing as they made their money from the land.

Anyway
Perhaps you should do some investigation into how much support Aboriginals do receive from Gina Rinehart.

Were Aboriginal Australians equal before the law in 1788 when the Brits marched in and imposed it? That's where that argument falls apart they were forcibly disposed and given no rights in the first place, Australia wasn't built equally.
No they weren’t. It was nowhere near what it is now then, but still was the most fair and progressive system in the world then. English Common Law was always and still is the most fair and progressive of all the known systems there is. That is why there is and can be reconciliation under it now. Nothing was ever perfect in history. What we do from now is important. Equality before the law should always be the goal, that is peak progress. Equality of outcomes is a retrogressive concept to rectify past wrongs in a backwards way.

I don't have a problem with it, nor does it affect my sense of land ownership....we use it daily in my organization, my only concern is the apathy that develops from its overuse in every meeting which breeds tokenism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

"Welcome To Country" Speeches .......... Gone Too Far Now ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back