Toast Welcome to Fremantle Ethan Stanley - 2023 Mid Season Draft Pick 8

Remove this Banner Ad

For the record, Stanley's first AFL training session was on June 7th this year.
That was 42 days ago.

If this isn't the quickest debut for a draft pick in club history, then I'm a pickled eggplant.

Congrats on the debut Ethan mate - hope this week's cameo goes brilliantly for you.

Speaking of Disney Movies and Cameos, this meme seemed oddly appropriate.

View attachment 1745738
I assume you mean fastest ever for Freo? Cause Maric played for the Eagles two weeks after being drafted.

I think the interesting part is more that he was in ammos 12 months ago rather than how fast between the MSD and playing he is.

Snuffaluphagus has basically guaranteed us he'll get at least 3 AA jumpers (and will be held to that), so I want to know how he had no interest until Box Hill last year? Is this similar to Frederick who did absolutely nothing until his 19th year after he grew like 12cm?

“King” how fast do you think he is? I’ve seen bits and pieces of him and he has pace but I can’t tell whether it’s Switta like pace or Dizzy like pace ( couldn’t really think of another player😜).
He's fast but not Switta fast. This dude has lots of potential.

I think the interesting part is more that he was in ammos 12 months ago rather than how fast between the MSD and playing he is.

Snuffaluphagus has basically guaranteed us he'll get at least 3 AA jumpers (and will be held to that), so I want to know how he had no interest until Box Hill last year? Is this similar to Frederick who did absolutely nothing until his 19th year after he grew like 12cm?
If I had to guess, maybe he didnt take footy seriously in any way shape or form until last year. Seems to happen on occasion (Tom Stewart another one I think). It's funny watching him do his side steps, there is A LOT of Ammo's style in the way he does it where you can see where he's coming from

If I had to guess, maybe he didnt take footy seriously in any way shape or form until last year. Seems to happen on occasion (Tom Stewart another one I think). It's funny watching him do his side steps, there is A LOT of Ammo's style in the way he does it where you can see where he's coming from
You could've picked our own champion Luke Ryan but you went with Tom Stewart? That's a paddlin.

What stood out for me in what I have seen of him (second half of the last two WAFL games on a tablet at standard def whilst fuming at the commentary, so some caveats):
1) His acceleration from standing still to full pace is elite, better than elite taking the word literally*
2) Top draw agility
3) Go straight at the goals (Very Stephen Hill)
4) Strong through the core (shrugging off tackles on the run despite his slight ammos frame)

*There was a play last weekend I think kicking to the right of screen maybe around the edge of the square attacking half he started flat footed in the contest did a little u turn and won the ball bursting out the stoppage and was gone and I thought holy sh*t it's Chris Judd.

What stood out for me in what I have seen of him (second half of the last two WAFL games on a tablet at standard def whilst fuming at the commentary, so some caveats):
1) His acceleration from standing still to full pace is elite, better than elite taking the word literally*
2) Top draw agility
3) Go straight at the goals (Very Stephen Hill)
4) Strong through the core (shrugging off tackles on the run despite his slight ammos frame)

*There was a play last weekend I think kicking to the right of screen maybe around the edge of the square attacking half he started flat footed in the contest did a little u turn and won the ball bursting out the stoppage and was gone and I thought holy sh*t it's Chris Judd.
jeans denim GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having not seen a second of him playing, I am now expecting peak Chris Judd/Stephen Hill.
No pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is good that club is giving him a debut as early as possible. The earlier he debut the better for the club (atleast next year). Do you guys really think now, freo was into Robert Hansen Junior? Is he that good? If North didnt take him would have we taken him? Or was it a distraction Strategy? I think Hawthorn didnt have a clue that we were going to take Stanley.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good luck to him, I hope he gets a good run this week. It seems we're a bit prone to injuries at the moment so I dare say he will.

Far from the finished product and this opportunity is premature but there's a lot to work with. He's athletic, can move through traffic (at WAFL level), has a ripper vertical leap off little or no run up and a nice effective kicking action. So, he's got the tools, hopefully he can do the work and develop into a best 22 player for us over the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Fremantle Ethan Stanley - 2023 Mid Season Draft Pick 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back