Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaping up as an absolute steal at pick 14!

What he adds to the back half and around the contests makes us incredibly hard to play against.

A few of us have been saying since very early on that his ceiling is up there with our very best. I can't wait to see his influence continue to grow through his next 30-50 games.

Feel like half back is beneath him.
Will join his mate Young soon and dominate the wing/midfield

Agree.

Not against using some draft capital to get a quality half back to move him elsewhere (after forwards of course).

Didn't realise how much we missed him until he came back. Thought he would take a while to get back to form but he's been so good.

He's somehow improved whilst being injured for a year tbf.

Agree.

Not against using some draft capital to get a quality half back to move him elsewhere (after forwards of course).

He's somehow improved whilst being injured for a year tbf.

He added significant muscle over the last year. It was always going to be a matter of fitness imo. Once we saw what he could do in the first 18 months at the club it was only down to health.

When he gets the ball, even in traffic, I am at the point where I would be surprised if he doesn't get the ball to a good option. Clark brings this and Walker may be able to develop it, not to the level of Chappy or Clark but he is improving. This changes the dynamic of the backline from mostly defensive to, both attacking and defensive.

He is another first rounder we got right. Having Heath jump into the top ten players on the list means our bottom six improves drastically.

He added significant muscle over the last year. It was always going to be a matter of fitness imo. Once we saw what he could do in the first 18 months at the club it was only down to health.

When he gets the ball, even in traffic, I am at the point where I would be surprised if he doesn't get the ball to a good option. Clark brings this and Walker may be able to develop it, not to the level of Chappy or Clark but he is improving. This changes the dynamic of the backline from mostly defensive to, both attacking and defensive.

He is another first rounder we got right. Having Heath jump into the top ten players on the list means our bottom six improves drastically.
I believe he put on a lot of muscle, but that put more pressure on him and he has now become leaner. I could be wrong?

I believe he put on a lot of muscle, but that put more pressure on him and he has now become leaner. I could be wrong?

He seems bigger through the shoulders and chest this year. I am not sure if he is leaner than last season... Either way his development this year after injuries is like getting a new classy recruit.

I think there has been notable improvement in Walker's awareness this season, he should go up another level.

is there more value in his role in defence or out on a wing? I believe hes more valuable in defence. The more contests hes at, in crucial areas of the ground the better.
Yep, pretty happy with our wings with Sharp locking down one spot and JOM and Banfield sharing the duties on the other, at least until Stanley or NOD get over their injuries to put some pressure on, those medium sized forwards have been our kryptonite, if Chappy can take out their influence while also providing run out of the backline, that’s a massive win.

I always wanted him up the ground but Young beat him to the punch by staying on the park. We don't need him up there now unless something catastrophic happens in a few years. Keep him destroying AA medium forwards and providing rebound while smiling about it now.

He'll probably get less injuries playing back there as well

I always wanted him up the ground but Young beat him to the punch by staying on the park. We don't need him up there now unless something catastrophic happens in a few years. Keep him destroying AA medium forwards and providing rebound while smiling about it now.

Agreed that with our KD back ups he shouldn’t need to play on the big KFs and that should improve his longevity.
Cox coming back makes selection interesting. They might push him up the ground, which was the plan preseason and keep Draper in and he plays that role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed that with our KD back ups he shouldn’t need to play on the big KFs and that should improve his longevity.
Cox coming back makes selection interesting. They might push him up the ground, which was the plan preseason and keep Draper in and he plays that role

Cox returning is a good problem

I like Cox as that intercept mark. Draper is more a one on one player. It will be interesting to see how they juggle it. I think it could be time to trial Chapman as a winger.

Similar to Jackson, I think he would be a good wildcard to play in the centre. Have him attend the odd CBA or wing rotation. His kicking I50 is brilliant.

Cox returning is a good problem

I like Cox as that intercept mark. Draper is more a one on one player. It will be interesting to see how they juggle it. I think it could be time to trial Chapman as a winger.

I don’t mind it tbh.

With Ryan and Walker, and Jordy we’re ok for mediums and smalls, and Worner and Wagner can cover.

The only thing that may change my mind is about 6 games straight for Peel where Stanley looks a milllion bucks.

I also prefer Bailey Banfield playing a hybrid wing/half forward role.

Aish has been solid, and Jaeger has improved and the coach seems to have a specific role for him.

But we could also look at these two guys if need be

I don’t mind it tbh.

With Ryan and Walker, and Jordy we’re ok for mediums and smalls, and Worner and Wagner can cover.

The only thing that may change my mind is about 6 games straight for Peel where Stanley looks a milllion bucks.

I also prefer Bailey Banfield playing a hybrid wing/half forward role.

Aish has been solid, and Jaeger has improved and the coach seems to have a specific role for him.

But we could also look at these two guys if need be

You're excitable this morning, Lachie. Freo must have had a good win.

What are we going to do with him?

Can't defend and is an absolute liability on offence

His blunders happen just as frequently as Hughes but atleast Hughes is a decent defender.

Will match committee drop him? Not sure we have anybody below that can take his spot? Maybe Worner?

His blunders happen just as frequently as Hughes but atleast Hughes is a decent defender.

Will match committee drop him? Not sure we have anybody below that can take his spot? Maybe Worner?
We need to back him in, he clearly has the talent and will be better for it in the long run. Besides, Chappy is not the reason we lost today.

You can be down on form without writing him off. Only have to go back a page to see how shortsighted the reactions are.

You can be down on form without writing him off. Only have to go back a page to see how shortsighted the reactions are.
I've been big on this for a while, he has put together a solid body of work (solidly bad)

I wanted him out over Draper when Moose came back, didn't happen last time but it should next time. (something should be done earlier tbh)

I've been big on this for a while, he has put together a solid body of work (solidly bad)

I wanted him out over Draper when Moose came back, didn't happen last time but it should next time. (something should be done earlier tbh)
Going to disagree. He’s not a full back. Nothing like Draper or Moose. Odd take tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back