Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

I still have enormous faith in Chappy. He's a victim of the fact that team is contending for a top 4 spot, while in reality he's still a fair way under 50 games and is still developing, with all the ups and downs. I'm tempted to say leave him in because we'll be better off in the long run, but understand the anguish around him as of late.

The statements are true mate

He can't defend and can't attack, he is an absolute liability

Keep arguing some little technicality if you want but his formline is atrocious
You're starting to sound like a bit of joke now. Once you're on a roll you find it very difficult to take anything back and double/triple down.

Chapman is an outstanding talent that is going through a rough patch. There were moments early in his career where I considered him to be the best young talent on our list. His courage going back with the mark and ability to turn defense into offence was/is outstanding. No one knows what exactly has fallen away from him, but I also remember he absolutely pants'd Fritch a few weeks ago in Alice in a near BOG performance.

Keep playing the fool.

Ah so you are back to writing him off. Thanks for being honest about that.

I will remind you about his complete inability to attack or defend each weak until you soften your stance to something rational.

Chappy had a poor game yesterday. He has played some great games and some not so great games.

Part of the problem yesterday was that Cox was just OK at best and Ryan was awful. All in all the backline were down on form so Chappy wasn't the only culprit.

Chappy is a better player than he showed yesterday, however he needs to regain his best form soon to help get our defence back to it's best.

Yes and add to that getting smashed in the middle and there were a lot of defenders looking silly yesterday.

I brought Hughes up as an example of how this board reacts

Worner and draper were the two suggestions that were brought up

We have to do something
While I agree he has been pretty poor this year, the difference between him and some of our other listed players at Peel is that his good is very good, his ceiling is greater than most. He's only played 39 games, and hasn't had an injury interrupted season for a while now.

Back him in, it'll pay off in the long term. We were beaten because our midfield got pantsed, not because one of our young backs was poor.

I still have enormous faith in Chappy. He's a victim of the fact that team is contending for a top 4 spot, while in reality he's still a fair way under 50 games and is still developing, with all the ups and downs. I'm tempted to say leave him in because we'll be better off in the long run, but understand the anguish around him as of late.
I think Chappy's game is suffering because Pearce is out, and now he needs to play tall. Pearce's absence would also impact Ryan and Cox because now they need to help Draper and Chapman while covering Pearce's role. He has got so much talent and has played <50 games, people need to relax. I'm more concerned by our midfield getting slaughtered.

You're starting to sound like a bit of joke now. Once you're on a roll you find it very difficult to take anything back and double/triple down.

Chapman is an outstanding talent that is going through a rough patch. There were moments early in his career where I considered him to be the best young talent on our list. His courage going back with the mark and ability to turn defense into offence was/is outstanding. No one knows what exactly has fallen away from him, but I also remember he absolutely pants'd Fritch a few weeks ago in Alice in a near BOG performance.

Keep playing the fool.
Wtf are you talking about

Why would I back down from my views?

Edit: also you tell me to keep playing the fool when you clearly say that he has fallen away?

So what is it then? Is he playing crap or not? (Hint: the answer is yes)

Ah so you are back to writing him off. Thanks for being honest about that.

I will remind you about his complete inability to attack or defend each weak until you soften your stance to something rational.
Pathetic comment

You can't handle some hard truths about some of our players so you decide to put words into my mouth.

You're literally the only one in this thread that has brought up writing him off.

Chappys' form has been a worry for some time now.
Certainly not playing with the assurance he did prior to his shoulder injury.
I wonder how he would go playing forward, but I guess a spot for him would be hard to find.I don't see him as a wing man as some are saying.
He was sort of Ok yesterday.

Pathetic comment

You can't handle some hard truths about some of our players so you decide to put words into my mouth.

You're literally the only one in this thread that has brought up writing him off.

You have said he absolutely cant attack or defend. One spoil would destroy your argument because you have gone over the top.

The absurdity of your argument is so clear that simply pointing out his ground ball win, dash and pass to Freddy for the goal destroys it. As that is an attacking move, something you have said he can't do.

Even one spoil would show he can defend, something you have said and doubled down on, because you have gone so hard at him you have lost perspective.

He had 8 intercept marks as recently as the Hawks game... which means your statement of 'can't defend' is also absolute trash.

He had 6 score involvements against Sydney in May when the rest of the team wasn't doing much at all.

Say he is out of form. Say something has to be done. Don't make rubbish, absolute statements what have been proven to be incorrect.

You have said he absolutely cant attack or defend. One spoil would destroy your argument because you have gone over the top.

The absurdity of your argument is so clear that simply pointing out his ground ball win, dash and pass to Freddy for the goal destroys it. As that is an attacking move, something you have said he can't do.

Even one spoil would show he can defend, something you have said and doubled down on, because you have gone so hard at him you have lost perspective.

He had 8 intercept marks as recently as the Hawks game... which means your statement of 'can't defend' is also absolute trash.

He had 6 score involvements against Sydney in May when the rest of the team wasn't doing much at all.

Say he is out of form. Say something has to be done. Don't make rubbish, absolute statements what have been proven to be incorrect.
It's genuinely pathetic that you want to sit here and argue technicalities like taking every word I say literally.

Im not going to sit here and pull out random individual plays in the games where he has been shit like you just decided to do😂😂

He got killed by Sicily in the Hawks game and had to be switched off him asap

That May game was over 10 weeks ago, I have said his form is recent.

How one eyed do you have to be to not see that the bloke is woefully out of form?

Last edited:
It's genuinely pathetic that you want to sit here and argue technicalities like taking every word I say literally.

Im not going to sit here and pull out random plays in the games where he has been shit like you just decided to do😂😂

He got killed by Sicily in the Hawks game and had to be switched off him asap

That May game was over 10 weeks ago, I have said his form is recent.

How one eyed do you have to be to not see that the bloke is woefully out of form?

So you said a dumb thing - then doubled down when it was pointed out and now are saying I shouldn't have thought you meant it?

Are the statements true or not?

You said he can't do a thing. I used Sydney because we lost that game. You couldn't claim it was a training run.

Don't say you back your statements then cry when they are proven to be ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf are you talking about

Why would I back down from my views?

Edit: also you tell me to keep playing the fool when you clearly say that he has fallen away?

So what is it then? Is he playing crap or not? (Hint: the answer is yes)
I'm talking about the black and white view of the world you're portraying - such views are always too simplistic and lack detail and nuance. You have stated he cannot defend and cannot attack. This is incorrect and thus your opinion is discarded as nonsense.

No one is going to want to discuss anything with you if you have such rigid interpretations of reality. It's similar to a game of tennis being more fun and meaningful with another person, than hitting the ball off a brick wall (you're the brick wall in this metaphor, boring, unchanging, and predictable).

The debate is thus pointless. You will continue to repeat the same arguments unchanging ad infinitum.

Bravo- your statement 'why would I back down from my views' means you are akin to an inanimate object.

I thoroughly enjoyed writing this post. Thank you.

So you said a dumb thing - then doubled down when it was pointed out and now are saying I shouldn't have thought you meant it?

Are the statements true or not?

You said he can't do a thing. I used Sydney because we lost that game. You couldn't claim it was a training run.

Don't say you back your statements then cry when they are proven to be ridiculous.
The statements are true right now

He can't defend (is consistently beaten) and he makes too many blunders on attack (miskicks, fumbles etc)

AKA can't defend, can't attack

This is going round in circles now, if you want to keep bending words to fit your shit narrative then go ahead

Anyone who actually has normal convo's will know what I'm saying is completely fine

The statements are true right now

He can't defend (is consistently beaten) and he makes too many blunders on attack (miskicks, fumbles etc)

AKA can't defend, can't attack

This is going round in circles now, if you want to keep bending words to fit your shit narrative then go ahead

Anyone who actually has normal convo's will know what I'm saying is completely fine

A slight softening.

It was your narrative and one you backed in and wouldn't retract. Ridiculous thus worthy of ridicule. Which I haven't done.

Chapman still shows plenty of glimpses of brilliance and that's what I want out of a player who hasn't even played forty games yet. He needs continuity of his role and body.

He was starting at the bounce yesterday. He can collect it so smooth on the run, one of the few who has clean hands like that. Drops too many marks under pressure though.

Chapman still shows plenty of glimpses of brilliance and that's what I want out of a player who hasn't even played forty games yet. He needs continuity of his role and body.

He was starting at the bounce yesterday. He can collect it so smooth on the run, one of the few who has clean hands like that. Drops too many marks under pressure though.
His delivery inside 50 can be as good as Young's some days. Looking forward to the future midfield core of Darcy/Brayshaw/Serong/Young/Johnson/Jackson/Chapman. Get O'Driscoll, Sharp & Erasmus rotating through and that's a premiership quality midfield for 5-8 years.

He didn’t attend 1 bounce

Was next in once or twice but came too hard, lost his footing and allowed the forward to get clean ball and turn on him

I can't believe some of the comments in here.

We are talking about a 22 year old kid who has had a shocking run with injuries and missed a large chunk of the season.

He has been forced to match up on big talls he would not have to if Alex Pearce was playing.

His upside is huge and yes he can make some mistakes but he does take the game on.

I would be backing him in because he is not the reason we lost on the weekend.

Chapman will be fine. Looks to me he just needs to get stronger in the upper body and arms and considering games played combined with injury history he's coming from behind.
Lot of players had brain farts on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back