Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

It really is a shame that Victoria Beckham decided to bring up writing Chappy off, considering noone else in this thread had done that.

Now the narrative in here is that he has been written off, thanks Posh.

If we can get it back on track, What are we going to do with Chappy?

A spell in the 2s to find some form and confidence seems likely, Worner has toiled away at Peel, looked good in round 1 before the concussion, was average against the dogs though

Dropping Chappy and bringing in players like Hughes or Worner would be beyond dumb.

He just needs more games. It's not complex and we've seen progression from nearly every young player on our list over the last 2-3 years. Our player development has been sensational so we need to continue to trust that process.

I'm glad our coaching group isn't as reactionary as some supporters.

It really is a shame that Victoria Beckham decided to bring up writing Chappy off, considering noone else in this thread had done that.

If we can get it back on track, What are we going to do with Chappy?

A spell in the 2s to find some form and confidence seems likely, Worner has toiled away at Peel, looked good in round 1 before the concussion, was average against the dogs though

Own you over the top rubbish and stop personal attacks. Things were back on track and you posted this rubbish again.

Dropping Chappy and bringing in players like Hughes or Worner would be beyond dumb.

He just needs more games. It's not complex and we've seen progression from nearly every young player on our list over the last 2-3 years. Our player development has been sensational so we need to continue to trust that process.

I'm glad our coaching group isn't as reactionary as some supporters.

I am happy we are backing him in, even though he is down on form. Pearce out has an effect so does Wagner being in the team. He is more attacking than Aish which has its benefits and one of the challenges is less third man up in contests.

He won't hit 50 games until half way through next season - heaps more to see from Chappy yet.

Drapes in his interview for his recent nomination, said that being relegated to the twos for a week or so really freshened up his mind and allowed him to reset. He partly credited it for his Rising Star performance when Moose then did his arm the second time and he was reselected.
Whilst I`m favouring probably just pushing ahead with Chappie staying in the firsts and working through his slight form slump, its not an outrageous suggestion to drop him for one or even two weeks. This shouldnt be seen as an attack on Chappies credentials, in fact its the opposite. A 100% firing Chapman is essential to our chances. How do we get the absolute best out of him, ready for the finals? All options should be on the table.

Lighten up, it's a play on your name...

I have completely owned my stance, that couldn't be clearer...

Have you considered that people are saying we shouldn't write him off because your statements were so over the top there wasn't another interpretation? And when challenged you doubled down.

Then you come with this, after the thread had moved on and act like there was any humour in it...

It seems like you were annoyed that others agreed with me and couldn't let it go so a day later you took another shot.

Tell me, where in your writing is there a good natured joke? It is rare for a joke to be followed up with blame towards an individual. Now, once again you are being called out and you can't own it.

Your arguments are nonsensical. Ridiculous and therefore deserving of ridicule. And still I have not attacked you personally, just your stance.

Drapes in his interview for his recent nomination, said that being relegated to the twos for a week or so really freshened up his mind and allowed him to reset. He partly credited it for his Rising Star performance when Moose then did his arm the second time and he was reselected.
Whilst I`m favouring probably just pushing ahead with Chappie staying in the firsts and working through his slight form slump, its not an outrageous suggestion to drop him for one or even two weeks. This shouldnt be seen as an attack on Chappies credentials, in fact its the opposite. A 100% firing Chapman is essential to our chances. How do we get the absolute best out of him, ready for the finals? All options should be on the table.

Completely agree. I am on the back him in side but also agree that it is an option, especially if he doesn't turn it around soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you considered that people are saying we shouldn't write him off because your statements were so over the top there wasn't another interpretation? And when challenged you doubled down.

Then you come with this, after the thread had moved on and act like there was any humour in it...

It seems like you were annoyed that others agreed with me and couldn't let it go so a day later you took another shot.

Tell me, where in your writing is there a good natured joke? It is rare for a joke to be followed up with blame towards an individual. Now, once again you are being called out and you can't own it.

Your arguments are nonsensical. Ridiculous and therefore deserving of ridicule. And still I have not attacked you personally, just your stance.
People are saying we shouldn't write him off because you changed the narrative to writing him off

Seriously, I'm not going over this again, I've tried to get the thread back on track, stop bringing up writing him off, you're the only one doing it...

I'm not annoyed that people agreed with you, others clearly have the same views as me too, I've seen multiple in here and other threads suggest that dropping him is fair (because he has been woeful). Ofc I expect some will agree with you and others with me, its a forum.

I've never written him off, you are the only one suggesting that, so all the comments saying not to write him off, I 100% agree with (Don't know how to make this point any clearer, having stated it a billion times by now)

I dunno why you think I'm not owning anything, I haven't wavered from anything I've said this whole time.

For the bolded, if you can't see the clear joke with your username then I don't know what to tell ya

anyway back to it,

I've said my piece on Chappy, think he needs a spell, Worner could replace him or we can shuffle the team around, open to any suggestions on this, or is the consensus that the reserves are so dire that we can't find anyone to replace him.

Edit: Just to add/clarify, I didn't come back the next day, I tried to move the thread on yesterday, you are the one who came back "a day later"

Last edited:
I don’t have an issue with his defending.

Largely it’s been skill errors by foot that are the issues.

Two in the first half were serious wtf moments.

However it was clear skill errors not bad decisions which is encouraging and both were positive ball movements. So, this is to say, keep him in.

Everyone has good and bad days, I’m not worried about Chappy at all. He’s agile and evasive and I can definitely see him moving into the midfield when he gains some maturity.

When he was drafted, Peter Bell said the club saw him eventually moving into the midfield.

Good time to sharpen him up with a run-with role on Stewart. Be a good developmental move too. Take him into midfield situations and forward ones, while still having a defensive base that he's familiar with.

Everyone has good and bad days, I’m not worried about Chappy at all. He’s agile and evasive and I can definitely see him moving into the midfield when he gains some maturity.

When he was drafted, Peter Bell said the club saw him eventually moving into the midfield.
The problem isn't good and bad days, it's been the last 10 weeks or so (give or take a few games)

Maybe we fast track him to the midfield, he just needs something done to find some form.

The same people losing their minds at Chapman were doing the same for Walker a few years ago. Who would have thought you get better with more experience? Amazing
Plenty of people here bagging out Walker just several weeks back!

Kids a gun in my eyes, as is Chappy really. We need to remember how young people in the team are. I'm not trying to make excuses for youth, but gee we need to settle down. The coaches will know this, and they'll know if the kids need a spell (dropped). But just dropping someone when they're developing can do more harm than good, other times it can be just what they need.

Have faith they're all doing their best. If Hughes was to come in though i like the effort he gives.

The problem isn't good and bad days, it's been the last 10 weeks or so (give or take a few games)

Maybe we fast track him to the midfield, he just needs something done to find some form.
It's another ratio thing. He's had a mixed bag for sure. And it's a big range from doing elite level involvements, to aneurysm provoking turnovers. So it's about where you think the ratio balance is.

Heath Chapman has put together two weeks of fine football. Deserves some flowers around these parts.

Was excellent against cameron last week and again this week on Toby. Some of his spoils and ground ball wins were all class. Hasn't reached fifty games and we get the benefit of a full preseason next year. I can't wait to see his growth next year.

Heath Chapman has put together two weeks of fine football. Deserves some flowers around these parts.

Was excellent against cameron last week and again this week on Toby. Some of his spoils and ground ball wins were all class. Hasn't reached fifty games and we get the benefit of a full preseason next year. I can't wait to see his growth next year.

He's going to be a gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo - Heath Chapman (Pick 14 2020 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back