Toast Welcome to Freo Jye Amiss!!! (pick 8 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Our inside 50s were the best I've ever seen from this team. Some of them were indefensible.

Our best is good enough to beat any team in the league. Yes even the swans.
Well Well Well..... I may have used the wrong word but I was right about our inside 50s!

When the wind was swirling and everyone was misjudging their marks (including Treacy), Amiss continued to judge perfectly. He’s primed to start kicking bags again as his confidence returns and his teammates actually start kicking to him.
he took on two really hard shots, and hitting the post was cruel

When the wind was swirling and everyone was misjudging their marks (including Treacy), Amiss continued to judge perfectly. He’s primed to start kicking bags again as his confidence returns and his teammates actually start kicking to him.
Really tight angle for a couple of them. The last one that hit the post the only one he missed that he should’ve easily gotten imo.

Seriously weird how he's a scapegoat at the moment, probably coz of Voss. His routine was good again, just missed a couple of tight ones.

Intent and craft is as good as ever. Let the 20 year old KPF grow with experience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not really, he had some harder shots today and it was in the wet

only missed 1 easy one

last week he kicked 3 straight

I don't know. Definitely agree there were some hard shots but it's concerning with the easy shot. Plus there was a moment where he really should have gone for goal himself. He's in his own head.

Don't think I'm knocking him because I'm definitely not. It's great to see we actually have some class key forwards. Just don't want to see the boy fail.

Just finished rewatching the game, thought Amiss was actually pretty good, only the one bad miss that hit the post, the others were quite difficult. Had a great contribution in general play and our forward line are working together to isolate Treacy, which makes sense since he's currently the most in form player. Great to see Amiss sacrificing his personal return for the team. Thought his forward pressure was elite for a tall forward too.

Amiss is still a long way off the final product and has many more strings to add. That's my takeaway from his apparent struggles.

Treacy going baynaynays and Amiss' own incredible success as a 19/20yo should not be used against him. He is still tracking in that Jeremy Cameron/Curnow direction. All that's changed is we now have two such players.

*I know virtually everyone else on this forum basically agrees with this and we're being baited by KKornes-ish edgelords but still I have to say it

Jye has actually has had more shots at goal this year than Treacy. And more than he had this time last year too. It's literally just his accuracy that is letting him down, and he has plenty of time to work on that.
He's honestly staggeringly good for a 20yo KPF. In rare air with basically a bunch of hall of famers in terms of output at his age.

He's honestly staggeringly good for a 20yo KPF. In rare air with basically a bunch of hall of famers in terms of output at his age.
If he had just finished that inside 50 where he beat two Richmond supporters off the ground ball get on the wing / flank, I would have needed to have my towell over my lap the rest of the night.

The approach is better again, the accuracy will come back, in the meantime, just enjoy the growth and remember what Treacy looked like this time last year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back