Toast Welcome to Freo Leno Thomas – Fremantle’s 2019 Rookie Draft Pick [Category B]

Remove this Banner Ad

i re-watched that Colts GF, he was far better than I remember, probably because I was looking for him. Has that innate ability to read the play and make important decisions on the go while being hard at the ball and a good ball user.

Can easily see an AFL traditional small defender in there

i re-watched that Colts GF, he was far better than I remember, probably because I was looking for him. Has that innate ability to read the play and make important decisions on the go while being hard at the ball and a good ball user.

Can easily see an AFL traditional small defender in there
I've watched it about 5 times. What a great game of footy.
Agree on you summation on Leno.

I'm liking the ruthlessness of bell. Chopping the list cloggers instead of holding what if players for years on end..
I reckon the players being asked to move on would be the players not being convicted enough to get the most out if themselves.. Building a strong culture 😉
yep, that Dardy interview was telling.

Fremantle Dockers rookie Leno Thomas parts ways with club, effective immediately
Headshot of Jordan McArdle

Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Fri, 30 July 2021 8:27AM

Fremantle rookie Leno Thomas’ time at the club is up.

The West Australian understands the second-year defender parted ways with the Dockers this week, effective immediately, to head back to Kununurra for family reasons.

The decision was made after fringe players were forced to choose whether to quarantine for 14 days, other than training and playing, or live a normal life but train and play for the club’s WAFL affiliate Peel Thunder instead.

The Next Generation Academy graduate is the first confirmed exit at Fremantle, but 13 other players are out of contract at season’s end.
Thomas played three league games for the Thunder this season but couldn’t break into the Dockers’ best 22.
The popular 20-year-old missed a large chunk of the season to go back home after the passing of a close relative.
He recently returned to Perth, lining up for Peel’s reserves the past two games.
Thomas arrived at Cockburn at the end of 2019 as a Category-B rookie alongside fellow NGA products Isaiah Butters and Liam Henry.
It came less than a couple of months after his match-winning smother for Claremont in the dying seconds of a thrilling colts decider against Peel Thunder at Optus Stadium.
He earned a one-year rookie contract extension at the end of last year after showing promise as a small defender.
It’s the second year in a row there’s been an early exit at Fremantle with forward Cam McCarthy walking out on the club last August after he was told he wouldn’t be offered a new contract.
Just one AFL-listed player will line up for the Thunder against reigning WAFL premiers South Fremantle at David Grays Arena, out-of-favour veteran Reece Conca who opted not to undergo another quarantine stint for personal reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back