Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

About Time GIF by BBC

Looking forward to watching kick freak goals for us!

My kids and are sad to see Shai go. You have a terrific player who is electric to watch. I am confident you will be very happy with this acquisition.
We wish him all the best. A terrific servant of our club, premiership player and an RFC life member. I hope he brings Freo as much joy as he has bought RFC.
Regarding the deal. Reality is it is near impossible to fairly compensate for a player of Shai’s ability. We did our best but it is near certain whoever we draft will not be as good as Shai.

Easy solution, just retire Fyfe and give him #7 lmao.

(this is a joke).

Good luck Shai.
If go want to go there we haven't handed out David Mundy's number (#16) since he retired.

The actual good numbers available are #15, #16, #19 and #20. All other numbers available are 40+.

His dad's old number isn't available but #40 doesn't really feel right anyway.

Bolton is an absolute star. He is one of those players that seems to have more time than he should, cutting through congestion, finding an impossible target around stoppages that no one else saw, kicking goals from any angle. He has so much talent and X-Factor. He a star in the midfield that will compliment your ball winners but does his best work forward/half-forward.

We would have loved to have kept him but understand that he wants to go home. He's worth more than what you paid for him and expect him to quickly become one of your favourites next year.

I will enjoy watching Bolton carve up oppositions in Perth.

Hope he wins a Norm Smith and finally Fremantle gets that long overdue first premiership (not being diplomatic here I really mean it). Fingers crossed that both supporter groups look back at it as a historic win/win.

Best of luck Dockers in 2025!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big get. You guys should be happy. He can be inconsistent, but he's a genuine match winner, helps you with a flag tilt.

Exactly what you need.

The inconsistency is overstated, it feels like he goes missing a lot but it's biased by how much he stands out when he's up and about
Right, when he has a down game, he still very much contributes. Can't be up every game, I get that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back