Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I double checked the official list before posting.

Besides Clem Michael was selected at Pick 21 - No father son was selected that early in that era. It was clubs last pick then a third round pick - looks like it was a third round pick in 1997.

Clem Michael was a mature aged draftee which is literally the only reason I can think of. Stephen Michael played over 1.5x what was needed for Clem to be a father son through the old WAFL rules.
Brett Peake 2003 👍
You are right about Clem though not an fs ☹️ - had a heart that bled purple - go and watch the demo derby ….loved the fella

It will be fascinating to see what impact the availability of Bolton has on our game plan.

Will having a genuine small forward goal threat result in us being more direct?

Stinky Lomax (and any others with a keen eye for tactics/game plan)…any early thoughts?
It’s a good question.

I don’t think we need to change too much but suspect we will refine our handball off half back & have a more go forward mentality to move the ball slightly quicker. We tend to go back & around, I think they’ll work on going forward out of stoppage with handball which will allow for a more direct style & potentially deeper entries.

With the speed of Bolton & Freddy working back into F50 to either get separation to tick & mark or get front & centre we’d be silly not to try to go a bit more direct. We can do that by not changing too much, just by adjusting our shape out of stoppage.

On a personal note I’d like us to try & turn it over forward of centre as well, with Bolton in there it doesn’t have to come in pretty off turnover as long as we can bring it to ground or he stands on someone’s head!

Switta & Freddy are really going to benefit from going down the pecking order of small forwards the opposition have defend as well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome To Freo Shai Bolton!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back