• 6 -> 10

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge game for him this week , against the top team away from home and the SCG can be a very difficult ground for certain players , and Heeney Warner and Gulden are in the top 10 in the coaches votes

He gets a giant tick if he performs well against the Swans , these are the type of games you judge players , not some injury bashed up side who are 17th on the ladder and youve got the luxury of playing them on your home ground

There's 53 AFL-listed 22 year olds currently and 7 have had more coaches votes than Bruhn this season.

So to that I say delist the other 46 players! Keep the best 7 from each age group and have a super league consisting of 120ish players! Each club gets 6 or 7 players on their list.
I bet not many of those 53 play full time midfield. Where is the AFLCA list? I can't find it outside the top 20

I bet not many of those 53 play full time midfield. Where is the AFLCA list? I can't find it outside the top 20
You will bump into it I'm sure but are you're death riding a kid so you can find it yourself.

I imagine not many players on 65% game time or less get votes at all.

In reality Bruhn's other good games where he could've snuck a vote are no worse than missing out by a margin I might call minor and you might say is huge. Good games still go beyond the coaches votes list as well. When Bruhn is tackling and clearing well and cracking 20+ disposals on his game time, it is a big tick for his experience level given his ball use has improved this season. You don't agree and will keep taking pot shots, that is also fine.

I'd love to see him have a real breakout game.

He's improved immensely from last year with his ball use probably being the biggest improvement. Even the last couple of weeks hitting the scoreboard with 2 quality finishes shows he's taking his moments now.

He's on the right track and nowat the point where he's consistently impacting games and putting in solid 6-7 out of 10 games. But I'd love to see him take a game by the scruff of the neck and really dominate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take out the game he was subbed off midway and this season Bruhn is averaging 20 disposals off 65% game time.

For a 22 year old playing his 20th-30th games as a full time midfielder, most would be happy enough with that. Most, but not all.

This year, Bruhn has gone from having ‘good moments’ to ‘good quarters’, the next step is having ‘good games’. He can’t seem to maintain the level for a full game.

He is improving. He is going to get a lot of opportunities that is for sure.

He could not be at a better club, because not many other teams would have him as one of their man midfielders at his current output.

That should help him.

Better this week. 23 disposals from 59% game time and some very good moments in and under.

Bruhn tends to struggle in his first game back in the 1's after injuries. If his body allows him to stay on the park continuously, I think he'll do well. When injuries hit, his season lost momentum.
He showed a bit I hadn't seen from him tonight. I'll have to go back and find it but a pirouette out of traffic he did was brilliant, there was also passage at hbf where he was pretty well surrounded and shrugged everything with wild flailing and got the kick away. His left foot i50 to Stengle early too was great.

I just look at the sub 60% ToG and think, why?

Probably his best game for the club today.

Bruhn's 2024 season to date is instructive to supporters when tracking the progress of other young guns moving forward.

Without wanting to be too glib, it's rare for a talented young player's career to progress without setbacks; Toby Conway is in the doldrums now, accumulating multiple long-term injuries in his short career, but it needn't always be so.

Lawson Humphries has started absolutely brilliantly; barely put a foot wrong. But there may be setbacks on the horizon.

Tanner Bruhn looks to have a ton of talent and further potential as a Geelong midfielder; our expectations and his own standards may not have quite been met in 2024 to this point, but he lives to fight another day and adversity is sometimes the best teacher of all.

He showed a bit I hadn't seen from him tonight. I'll have to go back and find it but a pirouette out of traffic he did was brilliant, there was also passage at hbf where he was pretty well surrounded and shrugged everything with wild flailing and got the kick away. His left foot i50 to Stengle early too was great.

I just look at the sub 60% ToG and think, why?

Must be the tank because hes damaging with what he does.
Looks to be a hard worker so if we put him on a enduro specific program it will hopefully improve.

Must be the tank because hes damaging with what he does.
Looks to be a hard worker so if we put him on a enduro specific program it will hopefully improve.

I don't think it is a fitness thing, it is just how we're using our bench time. Atkins played 62% gametime, Dangerfield played 62% gametime. Cause we don't have a traditional 2nd ruckmen, we have bunch of extra gametime on the bench to use as a resource.

I don't think it is a fitness thing, it is just how we're using our bench time. Atkins played 62% gametime, Dangerfield played 62% gametime. Cause we don't have a traditional 2nd ruckmen, we have bunch of extra gametime on the bench to use as a resource.
Well, Blitz might have to go to the backline for a few games so that might end that for a while

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong, Tanner Bruhn

Back