Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Will McCabe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill post bye.
Is that the latest news?

I could’ve sworn they said in the injury update last week that he’d have some game time before the bye.

Wonder how young Will is going has anyone seen him at training? 3 months out puts him 3/4 weeks away.

Some very good signs from Dear last few weeks for BH ……… watching Will move during preseason he is quick, athletic and loves to jump. Hard to believe he is 197cm to be honest. Given positional needs the progress of these two are important for our future and hoping the young man’s recovery is travelling well 🤞

Wonder how young Will is going has anyone seen him at training? 3 months out puts him 3/4 weeks away.

Some very good signs from Dear last few weeks for BH ……… watching Will move during preseason he is quick, athletic and loves to jump. Hard to believe he is 197cm to be honest. Given positional needs the progress of these two are important for our future and hoping the young man’s recovery is travelling well 🤞
Will is back on the track running. All things being equal we are looking at second half of the season round 15 or 16. He needs to do a mini pre season.

Will is back on the track running. All things being equal we are looking at second half of the season round 15 or 16. He needs to do a mini pre season.

Can’t wait. Not getting minutes into him this season so far has been such a bummer.

Watching him at CHB and Dear at FF leading BH to a flag would be a decent way to finish the year.

I feel like we're being teased at the moment, in my mind's eye I can picture a pretty devastating lineup, but getting all these players to the level they need to be is borderline pipe-dream stuff.

But, imagine if you will, a fit, firing, in-form and available forward line of Lewis, Calsher, with Ramma changing up between forward and pinch-hitting in the ruck, Hale-style, with our forward mosquito fleet at their feet.

Then imagine a fit and firing backline of Blanck, McCabe and Sis, with three of (a fit and firing) CJ, Weddle, Scrim, Amon, Hardwick, D'Ambrosio etc at their feet and providing run off half back.

One can dream?

I feel like we're being teased at the moment, in my mind's eye I can picture a pretty devastating lineup, but getting all these players to the level they need to be is borderline pipe-dream stuff.

But, imagine if you will, a fit, firing, in-form and available forward line of Lewis, Calsher, with Ramma changing up between forward and pinch-hitting in the ruck, Hale-style, with our forward mosquito fleet at their feet.

Then imagine a fit and firing backline of Blanck, McCabe and Sis, with three of (a fit and firing) CJ, Weddle, Scrim, Amon, Hardwick, D'Ambrosio etc at their feet and providing run off half back.

One can dream?
Funnily enough, after the last 6 or so week, I'd even imagine Frosty in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he’ll be given a sniff before the year ends, as long as his rehab keeps tracking in the right direction over the next month.

We should see him back in the main group this week at training, and from there he can build back to getting some time at Box Hill.

Source? The horses mouth.

View attachment 1996011
I was thinking the same thing when I saw this.
What is Dear 195? Then look at Hale 200 odd and McCabe looks as tall if not taller than him!
I think Dear is taller than 195. Gunners is 193 and Dear looked more than 2cm taller. (In other photos)

Definitely from his mums side!

It’s interesting how these things work (player heights and genetics).

Seeing other clubs’ father-sons, e.g. Fletcher, Scarlett, Hawkins, Cloke, Richardson - I remember thinking it would be great to get a KPP ourselves to structurally transform our side.

It seemed like all ours were mids and shorter than their dads - Will Langford, Steve Greene, Josh Kennedy, Finn Maginness, Paul Hudson…

So to finally get a couple of promising genuine KPP prospects in Dear and McCabe- how exciting!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Will McCabe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back